Another Wordpress plagiarist

Love his posts on the right of the screen, "working on a story, almost done..."

What constitutes "working on a story?" copy and pasting?:rolleyes:

This poses an interesting question I've been wondering about.

Now wordpress hosts blogs and I am sure does not monitor the material people put there, but I wonder if they would do anything about this or just shrug and say "hey, we just host"

Same for tumbler.

My question is this. When we find stolen material for sale on sites we go to the site itself and say it.

But what if someone were stealing and selling on their own personal website? Who would you go to? The company that hosts the site? Otherwise who do you report them to as we all know we are not covered by copyright laws and even if we were who has money time to go though the US copyright court?

Some hosting companies will drop a customer like a hot rock when you demonstrate they're violating copyright. That's why the biggest thieves are using tricks now that hide their sites from places like http://www.whoishostingthis.com/

Wordpress will take them down, but they require the full DMCA notice with your real name, address, etc., which means a lot of people aren't willing to go through with it for erotica.

I've contacted the only author who's been ( somewhat ) recently active on Lit and provided links to the stolen story as well as posting links on Twitter.

Not a very bright plagiarist, either. They're responding to an obvious spambot in their comments.

This poses an interesting question I've been wondering about.

Now wordpress hosts blogs and I am sure does not monitor the material people put there, but I wonder if they would do anything about this or just shrug and say "hey, we just host"

Same for tumbler.

My question is this. When we find stolen material for sale on sites we go to the site itself and say it.

But what if someone were stealing and selling on their own personal website? Who would you go to? The company that hosts the site? Otherwise who do you report them to as we all know we are not covered by copyright laws and even if we were who has money time to go though the US copyright court?

Actually the first time we found sexstories . com we, the authors whose stories had been stolen, submitted DMCA take down requests to the ISP the guy was using. The site was gone within three days.

The host of such sites has to honor DMCA requests by law.

Actually the first time we found sexstories . com we, the authors whose stories had been stolen, submitted DMCA take down requests to the ISP the guy was using. The site was gone within three days.

The host of such sites has to honor DMCA requests by law.

Problem is the author has to do it.

That Ron Mexico asshole on amazon is grabbing stories that are years old and the authors long gone, hell some are 12 years old the author could have passed.

The DMCA thing is a BS formality any site supplied with the links to the lit(or wherever its from) version should just wipe out the author.

Turner tried to tell SW she was all those lit authors:rolleyes:

WP isn't responsible - Here's what to do.

Wordpress is simply content management systems - a framework for websites. They aren't responsible, don't waste your time.

The first step is sending a cease and desist letter. You can actually do so yourself, without the assistance of an attorney. Use the template on this link (change "image" to "content") sign, photocopy, and send registered post. Template: http://retouchingebooks.com/stolenimages/

How to find out their mailing address? Either contact them through the site and - albeit in a sneaky way - or use https://who.is/ which helps you find the contact info for the owner of any domain.

Should the individual in question be profiting from the stolen material, you may consider contacting an attorney asap. Attorneys will write a cease and desist for a minimal fee and you're set to take action should the individual not comply.

On that note! If I were interested in asking a specific writer of a story I liked if I could post their work on my site with full credit to the author and an author profile, can anyone recommend what is the best way to do so? Obviously jackasses like NGJT give a great example of what not to do - steal.

On that note! If I were interested in asking a specific writer of a story I liked if I could post their work on my site with full credit to the author and an author profile, can anyone recommend what is the best way to do so? Obviously jackasses like NGJT give a great example of what not to do - steal.

You could do it by PM (private messages, upper right of this page) to the same account name that the story is credited to.

P.s.

Otherwise who do you report them to as we all know we are not covered by copyright laws and even if we were who has money time to go though the US copyright court?

There's been a few threads on the subject of plagiarism over the last few years.
The US and 'copyright' seem to be a bit of a rumour, seen from outside the US.

I didn't know there IS a US Copyright Court.
:)

Back