The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, glad to see the kittens are doing well. That little one looks so cute on the scale.

But yes, Blogger will try to force followers onto Google+. However an there should be an email option, personally I like that better. I just discovered that my blog has the email option only. Though I really haven't messed with it since it was really just for the Cali trip.

My I bring you another cup of coffee? *shakes buns*

Mmmm, if yoiu could just walk slowly to the bar and forget what you went for and come back and then go back for my coffee? :D

The kittens are doing well now, I hope. I am a bit worried about the little one - it's gaining weight but it's very small still. I try to put it on to feed before the other ones get going. They're so funny! There's one Dufous who is so eager to feed it quite often goes over the top - literally, it misses the teats altogether and starts climbing over the top of Mamma Cat. Or it ends up lying on its back with its tiny paws waving in the air as it hangs on in there. That one is the biggest, so it must be doing something right, LOL.

Piglet really wants to keep a tabby but of course being a hard-hearted MILF/social scientist, I am anxious about the little black one. :rolleyes: If we keep a tabby we can call it Tiglath Pileser or Tigger for short, which is tempting.

Agh, this is no good!

Get writing, John. Crack crack! :devil:

Now you make me mark my students' assignments. :)

Help help! Must Get Marking.

Ooh, there are the builders, I can nip out and ask them to mastic the catflap and drill the hole in the wall while they are about it then I won't have to buy a new drill bit ....
:cool:

Crap, what did I come over here for? Ah, probably nothing. Oh! Coffee, that's right. Ah and I'm going to have an iced coffee waiting here for anna when she gets in. It will be at the side table to the couch where I'm napping.

An extra cup for HP too.

Well, I think that gaining weight is a good sign. If you get too worried, take it to a vet of course.

I think I will get my mom a print of one of the fireworks photos from last weekend.

Yes M'am! Alright, alright, I'll try to get writing. Hmm, motivation to get marking on the assignments. I'm not vacuuming your house in my jeans until you finish those assignments. :rolleyes:

The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things!
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs!
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one

Last edited:
Crap, what did I come over here for? Ah, probably nothing. Oh! Coffee, that's right. Ah and I'm going to have an iced coffee waiting here for anna when she gets in. It will be at the side table to the couch where I'm napping.

An extra cup for HP too.

Well, I think that gaining weight is a good sign. If you get too worried, take it to a vet of course.

I think I will get my mom a print of one of the fireworks photos from last weekend.

Yes M'am! Alright, alright, I'll try to get writing. Hmm, motivation to get marking on the assignments. I'm not vacuuming your house in my jeans until you finish those assignments. :rolleyes:

The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things!
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs!
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one

Ha ha ha! I love that song. Hooray! one assignment down, four more to go. Thank you John. Ooh, iced coffee mmm, there's a thought ... Now I must just pop my apron on and rustle up some tomato sauce. And then tuck another assignment away.
:nana:

(Er, you said nothing there about your own writing, sweet thing? John, John? Hullo!)

Ha ha ha! I love that song. Hooray! one assignment down, four more to go. Thank you John. Ooh, iced coffee mmm, there's a thought ... Now I must just pop my apron on and rustle up some tomato sauce. And then tuck another assignment away.
:nana:

(Er, you said nothing there about your own writing, sweet thing? John, John? Hullo!)

Tomato sauce? This time in the morning?

Glad I could help. :D

My writing? Why would you be interested in my writing? :eek::rolleyes: I'm working on it. I think I know what I want my characters to say, but I feel like the conversation is a bit short. More specifically, I feel like there needs to be more than just speaking lines as they stand on a path talking.

Tomato sauce? This time in the morning?

Glad I could help. :D

My writing? Why would you be interested in my writing? :eek::rolleyes: I'm working on it. I think I know what I want my characters to say, but I feel like the conversation is a bit short. More specifically, I feel like there needs to be more than just speaking lines as they stand on a path talking.

Honey pumpkin, I have to start being saucy :)devil:) in the morning so the sauce gets a good couple of hours stewing down and then it will be ready when Piglet comes home from school. LOL, have you not ever made your own tomato sauce before? It's great fun with lots of mess and very delicious.

That sounds like an interesting problem. Do you mean the characters need to be shifting from foot to foot, eyeing each other's ... er, armaments? Or something. :devil:

C'mon, I have marked one assignment and am nearly done editing my latest chapter to submit, lured the builders into sorting out my noticeboard and am halfway through stewing tomato sauce. Although I haven't yet been able to track down Outlaw Dad, hope he is not wandering the wilds where he lives. How are you getting on?
:cattail:

Sorry about that, HP. I've just started a fresh pot brewing, so we should be ready soon.

Good morning, Nakeds!

Yes, john, it is best to start a mess of tomato sauce in the morning-ish. Remember, Naoko's eight hours ahead of you though. ;) My lovely MiL will put up a massive bunch of sauce in the morning and we'll have a bit with lunch, but it's always best after that first day.

Hello steve. *hug*

shea, it sounds like the reading and book signing was a blast! I just read a review of Gaiman's newest book, and it's on my summer list.

dampy, I'm thinking a small writers' conference might be a good idea. We can get the ideas flowing and perhaps inspire each other further. Who should we invite?

Hey anna, :rose:. I do a big lot of sauce and freeze bags down for use on days when I am being a bit lazy.

I heeded your advice about the adhesive, although I'm afraid that as the builders were coming anyway, I wimped out on the drill and just asked them to do it. LOL, they brought some enormous masonry drill in just to put this one little screw up, in the end they knocked a nail in with a hammer! I certainly could have done that myself. Still, the noticeboard is hanging nicely now, which is the main thing.
:)

A writers' conference sounds like a lot of fun - although do you mean a face to face one? I guess I am a bit too far away for that.

Absolutely nothing wrong with freezing some of that sauce, Naoko! :rose: I've rummaged through my MiL's freezer (by which I mean the BIG deep-freezer they keep in the wine cellar) and found containers of sauce that are two years old. Since my FiL keeps them in fresh veggies nearly year-round and I've seen the state of their tomatoes in the summer and fall, I was surprised that they didn't have any sauces that were older!

Good to know the noticeboard is up.

It would be more fun to have a face-to-face writers' conference, but since few of us are all that close geographically, this thread'll have to suffice.

Hello, everyone!

I need someone to crack the whip on me, too, so I can finish this story! Oh! I mean over me, I don't actually want the whip to touch me ... no, I don't, not really! :devil:

It's meant to be a short story, so I can get it done, I can I can!!!

Hello, everyone!

I need someone to crack the whip on me, too, so I can finish this story! Oh! I mean over me, I don't actually want the whip to touch me ... no, I don't, not really! :devil:

Hah, ha, ha; Of course you don't. . .
Imagine this one being held over your head (or other part of your anatomy)

Hello, everyone!

So do you want me to break out th ball.....ohhh, I see the rest. :eek:. Mush mush, finish that story. You can hook up some wires to a car battery to get me to finish mine.

Anna, there's also the option of Skype. But I agree, a conference would be fun. How are you doing this morning? *hugs* Allergies better? Hope you enjoyed the iced coffee. ;)

Hey HP, any fishing soon?

Rolf, I desperately need a drink. I don't care what, just anything. :mad:

Oh no, darling! What has happened?

I was just going to come in here and grumble about how I rubbed my eye and now it's swelling up with pollen :rolleyes:, but I see my need is much less than yours.
:rose:

Oh no, darling! What has happened?

I was just going to come in here and grumble about how I rubbed my eye and now it's swelling up with pollen :rolleyes:, but I see my need is much less than yours.
:rose:

Just a string if difficult people I have to deal with when I'm burnt out. Things that should be simple but turn into complete clusterfucks.

Your issue sounds more severe. Pollen in the eye is no fun. You try to rub it out, but only make it worse. Then you try pouring water into your eyes, but that hurts too. No fun. Sorry to hear that. *hugs*

*thump, thump*

"Testing, testing . . . can anyone hear me?"

Rolf, Laphroig 12 year please. No ice, no garnish, and make i a double. I need something sharp I can nurse for the next hour or so. ;)

Hah, ha, ha; Of course you don't. . .
Imagine this one being held over your head (or other part of your anatomy)

Oh ... my ... HP, that looks so delicious, no I mean desirable ... No! I mean dreadful and dangerous! Deliciously dangerous ... wait, what was I saying? ;):devil:

John, what was that you were saying? ;)

Ok, I'm not here, I'm writing, time is tick tick ticking ...

*thump, thump*

"Testing, testing . . . can anyone hear me?"

Rolf, Laphroig 12 year please. No ice, no garnish, and make i a double. I need something sharp I can nurse for the next hour or so. ;)

Oooh, I should pour myself something I can sip on for a bit while I'm working ... High West rye, perhaps ...

Oh ... my ... HP, that looks so delicious, no I mean desirable ... No! I mean dreadful and dangerous! Deliciously dangerous ... wait, what was I saying? ;):devil:

John, what was that you were saying? ;)

Ok, I'm not here, I'm writing, time is tick tick ticking ...

Oh nothing. :rolleyes: Just some ideas to help...um...motivate you.

Having a lovely dinner with the family.

Now I'm thinking body shots :devil:

Having dinner and posting to Lit at the same time? And they say men can't multi-task. :p

Slyc, I think we all know that your abilities go way beyond those of mere mortal men. ;)

Duh, Swiss Army wife sent me an evil text last night suggesting we skip our maternal and professional responsibilities and run laughing off to the beach after dumping our children in an overheated school. So of course it's cloudy now. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back