The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Di :kiss:

I'm always cooking, me :D
Oh, I'll just bet you are. ;)

Thanks for letting me vent, everyone. I hit depressive phases from time to time and when that happens, it's really just best to let me yammer. The fella, on the other hand, tries to jolly me out of it, which just makes it all kinds of worse.

john, I love Columbia wines and it looks like you had a great time at the Mythbusters show!

Ahh, hot chocolate with a splash of Bailey's, the kitchen is clean and I can relax.

Good evening, Naked Party.

Molly -- I'll be sending you a reply as soon as I finish reading that biography you sent me :p

Hey guys! I'm putting the Keurig on, John. Looks like a great show.

anna, I have to grit my teeth when the Fella even puts away the washing up in the kitchen. His way of stacking of bowls ought to be banned under the Geneva Convention and he sometimes slams the crockery in and swears when it bangs the martini glasses (which his friend gave us when he heard we were going to have a baby :rolleyes:). With some fellas it seems to be a choice between training them so hard it's just nagging (which makes you feel as if you're wearing a headscarf with a fagend hanging out your mouth), letting them do it their way (you develop a rictus in the jaw you smile so hard), or doing it all yourself (possibly why they do the thing so badly in the first place :mad:). (BTW I apologise for inappropriately capitalising you in the past.)

I actually went out last night - to a burlesque show! I've never been to one before but the mom of Piglet's friend (a MILF so desirable she got tax back on her boob job - seriously, true story) organises them and I had long wanted to give one a go. I wasn't even sure what to wear! LOL, but I shouldn't have worried. Whenever I go for a job interview I feel like I should buy a new outfit but this was like organising a piss-up in a brewery, as I went through my wardrobe tossing out cocktail dresses I haven't worn in a decade. Piglet helped by trying on her dresses while I got kitted out. It was like getting ready for parties when I was an undergrad, when my friend and I would spend all afternoon reading The Monk and doing each other's nails - we had more fun together than we did at the parties, LOL. Only difference, the event was HUGE fun. There was an Irish folk band, the floor show was rocking and witty, the audience was 70% women with several other women who'd just come on their own. This is South Wales so everyone was really friendly and chatty. The high tea with champagne was not the light snackette I'd feared it might be but a good meal, thank God. They did Scarlett O'Hara and Freddie Mercury (I want to be free complete with vacuum cleaner!) and the stripping was all very artistic and brilliantly witty. When my friend did The Little Mermaid, I was seriously killing myself laughing, I will never be able to watch that film again in the same way.
:D

Hey guys! I'm putting the Keurig on, John. Looks like a great show.

anna, I have to grit my teeth when the Fella even puts away the washing up in the kitchen. His way of stacking of bowls ought to be banned under the Geneva Convention and he sometimes slams the crockery in and swears when it bangs the martini glasses (which his friend gave us when he heard we were going to have a baby :rolleyes:). With some fellas it seems to be a choice between training them so hard it's just nagging (which makes you feel as if you're wearing a headscarf with a fagend hanging out your mouth), letting them do it their way (you develop a rictus in the jaw you smile so hard), or doing it all yourself (possibly why they do the thing so badly in the first place :mad:). (BTW I apologise for inappropriately capitalising you in the past.)

I actually went out last night - to a burlesque show! I've never been to one before but the mom of Piglet's friend (a MILF so desirable she got tax back on her boob job - seriously, true story) organises them and I had long wanted to give one a go. I wasn't even sure what to wear! LOL, but I shouldn't have worried. Whenever I go for a job interview I feel like I should buy a new outfit but this was like organising a piss-up in a brewery, as I went through my wardrobe tossing out cocktail dresses I haven't worn in a decade. Piglet helped by trying on her dresses while I got kitted out. It was like getting ready for parties when I was an undergrad, when my friend and I would spend all afternoon reading The Monk and doing each other's nails - we had more fun together than we did at the parties, LOL. Only difference, the event was HUGE fun. There was an Irish folk band, the floor show was rocking and witty, the audience was 70% women with several other women who'd just come on their own. This is South Wales so everyone was really friendly and chatty. The high tea with champagne was not the light snackette I'd feared it might be but a good meal, thank God. They did Scarlett O'Hara and Freddie Mercury (I want to be free complete with vacuum cleaner!) and the stripping was all very artistic and brilliantly witty. When my friend did The Little Mermaid, I was seriously killing myself laughing, I will never be able to watch that film again in the same way.
:D
No apologies necessary, Naoko. The coffee is more than enough. :)

Yes, we understand each other about our fellas. *nods sagely*

That burlesque show sounds like a hoot! There's a company here that one of my theatre friends and I are going to look into further, then get a group of our buds together and check it out.

No apologies necessary, Naoko. The coffee is more than enough. :)

Yes, we understand each other about our fellas. *nods sagely*

That burlesque show sounds like a hoot! There's a company here that one of my theatre friends and I are going to look into further, then get a group of our buds together and check it out.

Hey anna. :rose:

Some of us fellas know our way 'round a kitchen. Pretty well, actually. Just sayin'... :rolleyes:

I'm in the last hour of my working day, and have hit a slump. Have we got any of that really strong arabica roast?

anna - you should so go to the burlesque. I will write a review on my blog soon. It was FANTASTIC!

Steve - stop teasing us poor put upon women with the notion that there might be supermen out there who have culinary skills as well as other arts and crafts ;), that goes for you too Willy.

Last edited:

Some of us fellas know our way 'round a kitchen. Pretty well, actually. Just sayin'... :rolleyes:

I'm in the last hour of my working day, and have hit a slump. Have we got any of that really strong arabica roast?

Of course, there are those of us for whom 'knowing our way round the kitchen' may not be quite the same as actually using it properly; in the creation of a meal, for example. All I need is a Kettle, micro-wave oven (pippety-ping), a good toaster and a sink.

:)

Of course, there are those of us for whom 'knowing our way round the kitchen' may not be quite the same as actually using it properly; in the creation of a meal, for example. All I need is a Kettle, micro-wave oven (pippety-ping), a good toaster and a sink.

:)

Another tease! A meal from the pippity-ping is still a meal, y'know. You probably wash up too. Properly, without leaving tea leaves all over the drainer and supposedly clean washing up. Don't tell me about it!
:rose:

Another tease! A meal from the pippity-ping is still a meal, y'know. You probably wash up too. Properly, without leaving tea leaves all over the drainer and supposedly clean washing up. Don't tell me about it!

Oh, I was well-drilled in Washing Up and Drying. I still have a bit of a problem with the "putting away", though. I don't see the point if you're going to use it in a few hours.

Awww. :kiss: I'm sure you know your way around a kitchen, steve, and more than just knowing the height to which you need to lift a lady to get her on the counter. ;)

anna - you should so go to the burlesque. I will write a review on my blog soon. It was FANTASTIC!

Steve - stop teasing us poor put upon women with the notion that there might be supermen out there who have culinary skills as well as other arts and crafts ;), that goes for you too Willy.
Heck, I once was in a show where I played the world's worst burlesque dancer. :D

And I don't drink coffee at all . . . unless there's some Gran Marnier in it. ;)
Oh, I don't put anything in my coffee but milk and sugar. I save the Grand Marnier, Bailey's, Amaretto, Kahlua... whatever, for my hot chocolate. In fact, I think peppermint schnapps might be in order for tonight.

Awww. :kiss: I'm sure you know your way around a kitchen, steve, and more than just knowing the height to which you need to lift a lady to get her on the counter. ;)

Heck, I once was in a show where I played the world's worst burlesque dancer. :D

Oh, I don't put anything in my coffee but milk and sugar. I save the Grand Marnier, Bailey's, Amaretto, Kahlua... whatever, for my hot chocolate. In fact, I think peppermint schnapps might be in order for tonight.

Peppermint schnapps? Ooh golly gosh.

I forgot to mention, the show was in a hotel where they had like, five different single malts behind the bar! They had a 16 year old Lagavulin. I went for the 18 yo Glenfiddich, and they poured me a double by mistake! I am so going back there again. :D

Funnily enough, I do know the height - reason being, I had the benches built 2 inches higher than standard when we had the kitchen done. I've put up with work benches too low my whole life. Even my beautiful range is raised, so I can now cook in complete comfort.

However, lady-lifting became that little bit more difficult... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back