Can anyone recommend a specific kind of poem?

YoungToy

Really Really Experienced
So, this is a bit of an odder request, per say. I've been listening to The Spider and the Fly quite a bit lately, and wanted to write a song about it, but I also want to incorporate another idea into it and would like a poem about it.

Thing is, just looking up famous poems about specific ideas isn't the easiest. I'm mainly looking for a famous one (such as The Spider and the Fly).

Basically the idea is evil tricking someone or something away from something good to destroy them. For example, imagine if in Little Red Riding-hood, the Wolf tried convincing Little Red that her grandmother was the wolf in disguise but he was actually her grandmother. Does that make sense at all?

So, this is a bit of an odder request, per say. I've been listening to The Spider and the Fly quite a bit lately, and wanted to write a song about it, but I also want to incorporate another idea into it and would like a poem about it.

Thing is, just looking up famous poems about specific ideas isn't the easiest. I'm mainly looking for a famous one (such as The Spider and the Fly).

Basically the idea is evil tricking someone or something away from something good to destroy them. For example, imagine if in Little Red Riding-hood, the Wolf tried convincing Little Red that her grandmother was the wolf in disguise but he was actually her grandmother. Does that make sense at all?
I am a big believer in story poems. There's a link to my first in my sigline. Good luck with your parody.

I am a big believer in story poems. There's a link to my first in my sigline. Good luck with your parody.

I wouldn't say its a parody, I was looking for an actual poem along those lines.

I suppose this is a board for those who write poetry for Lit, not a general poetry discussion. My bad.

Yes it is for discussion but this post has only been up a short while and has hardly given anyone time to answer it before making assumptions.

Last edited:
Yes it is for discussion but this post has only been up a short while and has hardly given anyone time to answer it before making assumptions.

I have not been to this board before, so I was unsure of the premise of it. One response is all I had to go off of.

Back