son of the isolated blurts thread!

Note to self: Have plenty of champagned and lots and lots of fresh batteries for the camera for the HT Champagne Brunch Pillow Bash!

Last edited:
It's all so confusing. Are they the same person?

ETA: *fucks Eilan's life*

Last edited:
Phew! :)

Note to Saucy: my mind darted elsewhere at the mention of batteries. The rest of your sentence straightened me out, though.

Note note to self: have plenty of fresh batteries available for other things aside from the camera at the HT Champagne Brunch Pillow Bash!

Does the Pope shit in the woods? :cool:

I thought the Pope shit in the Vatican. . . :confused:

Blurt:

I give up. I don't care anymore. I just give up. (Even Peter Gabriel and Kate Busch singing won't help so they can just can it.)

Crazy fucking world when you're just trying to get home and you get shot out of the sky. *sigh*

Amen to that. Also crazy (but sadly not surprising) that something Kardashian related gets bigger headlines in some media publications. *Sigh* indeed.

I am too fucking old for Facebook drama.

No, you're not too old, you are more intelligent! :cool:

I really, seriously, not, really, seriously, don't get the need for being "plugged in" 24/7/365, and think that you're a better person for it. GET A FUCKING LIFE PEOPLE!!!!!

It is sad that we now have left the generation of "prehistoric" people who knew what life was before the "electronic" age, who could actually spell, who could actually carry on a conversation, who could actually LIVE without being connected to the internet 24/7. People who had lives outside of the internet! What a fucking concept! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am too fucking old for Facebook drama.

Ya know, I'm concerned about this myself. After MASSIVE pressure from friends and family (most of them don't live in the same state as me) I finally set up a facebook account.

I quite frankly don't know what the hell to do with it. I'm sure I'm going to piss people off and have no idea.

Last edited:
It is sad that we now have left the generation of "prehistoric" people who knew what life was before the "electronic" age, who could actually spell, who could actually carry on a conversation, who could actually LIVE without being connected to the internet 24/7. People who had lives outside of the internet! What a fucking concept! :rolleyes:

Not quite Internet but best conversation I heard on a bus a few years ago - me reading my paperback book, guy next to me reading his physical newspaper. Two young career gals sitting in front of us, one moaning about it being unfair. Her friend asks her what was wrong and Girl 1 says she's so annoyed because she was so close to finishing her book and now she can't. Why not? asks Girl 2.

"Because I forgot to charge my stupid Kindle" :rolleyes:

Me and man next to me look at each other, trying very hard not to burst out laughing, then both of us calmly turned the pages of our respective paper-based materials and carried on in the blissful world of reading ;)

Not quite Internet but best conversation I heard on a bus a few years ago - me reading my paperback book, guy next to me reading his physical newspaper. Two young career gals sitting in front of us, one moaning about it being unfair. Her friend asks her what was wrong and Girl 1 says she's so annoyed because she was so close to finishing her book and now she can't. Why not? asks Girl 2.

Me and man next to me look at each other, trying very hard not to burst out laughing, then both of us calmly turned the pages of our respective paper-based materials and carried on in the blissful world of reading ;)
I don't have a Kindle, but I do have a Kindle app on my tablet that I rarely use. Nothing can replace the feel of a book in my hand.

Exactly. Take a moment, read a physical book, write a physical letter, simply meditate, whatever floats your boat... but disconnect from the net and appreciate what is out there.

On an amusing note, I wonder if during the next power failure we will see crowds of zombies in the street, muttering "wi-fi.....NEED wi-fi..."

Back