Do you have an acceptable age range? (Aka when is the gap too large?!)

Deffinately nothing younger than our kids mid 30s but ultimately 45-70 but like with anything, its all about attraction. We are both very picky and you need to be some kind of special to be invited in between our sheets! And we are both at an age where we are done teaching so experience is also huge with who we choose! But thats just us........
 
If we hit it off and enjoy each others company, I don't care about age. I'm definitely on the mature end of the scale and come in contact through work with women from their 20s on up. Admittedly, I'm probably most comfortable with those in their mid-thirties and up just because of life experience, but once in awhile someone younger surprises me. Of course, they are probably thinking, "he's older than my dad/grandpa". :(
 
hey

For me..
1.women none under 35 none older.than 120
2. all others ...from legal age to 120
 
In my 20's I went 30 years older. Now in my 50's I have went 30 years younger.
 
We were talking about this just this past weekend over dinner, one of the girls mentioned (because of a text that came in while we were eating) that an 'older guy' had been trying to date her, they'd been out a few times but he wanted to date steady.

When asked why not she replied instantly "He's too old for me."

She is 23, he is 30.

Rather surprised I gave her 'the eye' across the table and her sister quickly jumped in with 'but you like fucking him and he's in his 50's' and pointed at me.

Her reply was a wicked smile and 'but he fucks me really good and we're not dating, just fucking.'

Apparently there's a difference in 'fucking' age and 'dating' age. LOL
 
If she's older...5-10 years. I've never been with anyone much younger than me - though I've both never tried and never had the opportunity.
 
If she’s closer in age to my son than she is to me, we probably don’t have enough in common for it to be interesting. Quite a bit older is generally fine as I’m on the young end of my generation. Plus, people generally have less hang ups and are more open minded sexually when they aren’t wet behind the ears.
 
If this was purely about sex, and the attraction was there, both ways, and all systems were go, I'd say legal age. But the other person would have to be the one initiating; I'd never feel comfortable coming on to someone that young.

I'm not quite sure what age I'd feel comfortable initiating with— I'm acutely aware that I live in an extremely ageist culture, and that for many if not the majority of young people in this culture, to be in your 60s is to be seen as asexual.

As far as ongoing relationship is concerned, I think a person would have to be at least in their 40s for us to have enough in common to carry on. Although you never know. So much depends on the individuals.
 
So I get pm’s from all ages and generally my acceptable range is about 42-58 years I’d say. My preference is definitely 50-58.

I prefer older men for their experience, knowledge, humor, conversation, sexual confidence, comfort with their kinks, and appreciation of the same in a woman their age.

Yesterday I got approached by a 32 year old (yes you know who you are!) by pm and I resisted strongly through numerous exchanges all day. Finally he made me laugh enough I checked his profile/posts and could tell I’m totally in his comfort zone. So we’re talking, he’s funny, very attractive and ‘my type’, and he got through my ‘too young’ defenses. And apparently I’m a Cougar :D

So my questions:

1. Do you have an age range you stick within?

2. Does this being online/cyber breakdown taboos about age compatibility?

3. What’s your experience been when you have connected with someone out of your age comfort zone?

58 here
 
I really don't care about age, but I will say that you're figuring so much out in your early 20s that it's hard to have an age gap that really works out. Totally not always the rule! I just think that's how it works a lot.

I'm 25 now and things finally feel more stable and I'm much more confident in myself and relationships. I'm still so young, so maybe I don't know as much as I think haha. But for those reasons I don't really date younger than me... that said, I love dating older and find an age gap very hot. One of my healthiest and hottest relationships has been with a 50 year old man, twice my age.

30s seems to be a really good match for me right now, but at this point that hardly seems like an age gap to me. I think the oldest I've been with is probably 53. Sexiness does not stop with age and I think its incredibly hot to be the cute young thing with a confident older guy.
 
I really don't care about age, but I will say that you're figuring so much out in your early 20s that it's hard to have an age gap that really works out. Totally not always the rule! I just think that's how it works a lot.

I'm 25 now and things finally feel more stable and I'm much more confident in myself and relationships. I'm still so young, so maybe I don't know as much as I think haha. But for those reasons I don't really date younger than me... that said, I love dating older and find an age gap very hot. One of my healthiest and hottest relationships has been with a 50 year old man, twice my age.

30s seems to be a really good match for me right now, but at this point that hardly seems like an age gap to me. I think the oldest I've been with is probably 53. Sexiness does not stop with age and I think its incredibly hot to be the cute young thing with a confident older guy.

When I was in my early twenties I was with a guy 12yrs older, he was probably my most influential relationship of my life so far. He taught me so much and I grew up fast, but he also set me on a path with older men generally. Now I’m married to someone 10 years older and want someone younger. Older is fine until we get older!
 
I prefer men older than me relationship wise.. But Im always down to make a friend or two, so I dont stick to the "age" thing closely. Although talking to anyone below the age of 25 just makes me feel weird, so I guess.. 25 and up (friendship wise) and 32 and up if im seeking something more.
 
They say age is just a number, and being 24 I guess it’s easier for me to say that than some one who is 84. Nothing negative meant by that.
For me it’s more in connecting. When I was 18, I had sex with a guy who was 72, and we both had a great time.
 
Last edited:
It does depnd on whether you are talking friendship, just sex or a serious relationship. I am 55 and have friends of all ages but I find that those a lot younger or older have quite different experiences and viewpoints, which is fine for friends but could be an issue with a serious relationship. One of my friends is 53 and married to a woman who is 74, it wasn't a problem when they were younger but she now has health and mobility issues meaning that he is becoming a carer; he is still active and wants to go out but she just wants to stay home (and isn't up to much more).

In my forties I had a relationship with a 26 year old woman, sex was great and we enjoyed a lot of the same things but I think that we both knew it wouldn't be a long term thing. A year or two after I had a friends with benefits arrangement with a woman in her sixties, again we had some common interests but it was mainly about the sex.

A long way of saying that, for a serious relationship, I am most comfortable with a woman close to my own age (my wife is a year older than me).
 
All women have their own special characteristics. Age is unimportant to me as long as they are over the age of consent.

Totally agree. Age is just a number and if there is a sexual attraction that needs to be fulfilled than go with it. Sex is a magical thing that shouldn't be suppressed between two consenting adults.

I think we are all becoming a lot more tolerant and sexually adventurous so wanting to explore new experiences should be encouraged irrespective of age.
 
Totally agree. Age is just a number and if there is a sexual attraction that needs to be fulfilled than go with it. Sex is a magical thing that shouldn't be suppressed between two consenting adults.

I think we are all becoming a lot more tolerant and sexually adventurous so wanting to explore new experiences should be encouraged irrespective of age.

Best answer yet I think, this sums up perfectly my view!
 
It does depnd on whether you are talking friendship, just sex or a serious relationship. I am 55 and have friends of all ages but I find that those a lot younger or older have quite different experiences and viewpoints, which is fine for friends but could be an issue with a serious relationship. One of my friends is 53 and married to a woman who is 74, it wasn't a problem when they were younger but she now has health and mobility issues meaning that he is becoming a carer; he is still active and wants to go out but she just wants to stay home (and isn't up to much more).

In my forties I had a relationship with a 26 year old woman, sex was great and we enjoyed a lot of the same things but I think that we both knew it wouldn't be a long term thing. A year or two after I had a friends with benefits arrangement with a woman in her sixties, again we had some common interests but it was mainly about the sex.

A long way of saying that, for a serious relationship, I am most comfortable with a woman close to my own age (my wife is a year older than me).
Xxxx
As i pointed out,ealier,age can be a problem,in many cases.
But equally,illness,or accident can cause problems.at any age.
Would you abandon your partner then?.
You must have had thoughts,about what may happen,as your partner ages,and can you cope,and accept it,or not.
If not don't start,or at least ensure you both realise,its temporary.
Its simply nor fair to enjoy someone ,whilst in good health,and dump them,late in life.
Often at a time when they need,security,and comfort,and of course help.
So please have a thought for the future,don't make promises you cannot,or will not keep.
Or at least be honest,for some ,a few good years,may be preferably to being alone,so they can plan and manage for that time.
Older partners,will get to rely on you,so please don't break down their hearts,and let them down.
But i have had no regrets,and have treasured,every moment,but i choose carefully,and never let anyone down.
Bob
 
My range has changed as I got older. I'm 43 now. I would say the youngest I would go is 25-30. It seems I've run into a few women who are still to "flighty" for me.. I have been attracted to older women in their 60's. I think early 60's would be my cut-off.
 
Back
Top