Sailer's Cove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day to all the fine denizens of the Cove.

I hope you all have fine weather for sailing this weekend...and plenty of grog, too...
 
Weather ain't cooperating here, got the grog part under control though. :)
 
Good morning to DDgirl and all the other Cove sailors.

I'm a landlubber today as it's college football Saturday, but I'll be looking for calm waters tomorrow.

And somehow I knew mwmnpa would be well-supplied with grog...;)
 
Good morning to DDgirl and all the other Cove sailors.

I'm a landlubber today as it's college football Saturday, but I'll be looking for calm waters tomorrow.

And somehow I knew mwmnpa would be well-supplied with grog...;)
Morning Natty

I'm babysitting and baking this weekend so no calm waters for me.
 
Hello D and Natty...

I'll be watching some ball games too. Weather's dreary, damp and chilly here.
 
Hello D and Natty...

I'll be watching some ball games too. Weather's dreary, damp and chilly here.
Morning mwmnpa

It's overcast here and suppose to rain all day...not a good thing when you have a house full of kids. :rolleyes:
 
Good morning everyone.

Our weather is the same here, mwmnpa. I call it Sleepy Hollow weather.
 
Hey, there's no eyore weather in the Cove! It's always nice here! :D

Looks around...not used being here in the dark. Kinda nice...
Not so many people though. Oh well, some nice ones are around.
 

Good morning Fire_Breeze. A nice warm breeze is ALWAYS welcome news! Thanks for stopping by (and I'm sure there's a great joke here about a "warm blow" ;))

Hiya Fire_Breeze, pull up a deck chair and watch the boats sail by.

Or join us out on a boat. Either way, make yourself happy in the cove. It's warm enough for swimming here!

Good morning to all the sailors of the Cove.

I hope your week starts out well.

It's a monday, after this, it get's better... :D

I spent the weekend scrubbing barnacles off her bottom. :D

hmmmm....do tell....:devil:
(maintence is very important...especially if it involves the bottom).

Hey! Hope everyone had a great weekend. :)

It was busy but fun.
 
As I step of the companionway, I can feel the light cool breeze blowing across the cove. The cats paws on the water show a consistent and steady breeze blowing us gently as we lay at anchor.
The masts of the boats, standing straight and tall, look like a forrest of waving trees. The light clink, clink of the riging against the spars might be taken for a triangle chior warming up.
The gentle swells raise and lower the boats in a slow but steady rythm: up and down, up and down.

I stretch, and yawn. The warm, comforting smell of coffee is wafting up now. I have found some bagels and lox and creame cheese and butter and honey to spread across the chewy bread.

Good Morning to all.
 
hmmmm....do tell....:devil:
(maintence is very important...especially if it involves the bottom).

It's a shapely bottom, but fashioned more for cutting through the water. ;)

It's winter here, so not much opportunity to get out on the ocean, and the boat's badly in need of a good clean and a fresh coat of antifoul.
 
It's a shapely bottom, but fashioned more for cutting through the water. ;)

It's winter here, so not much opportunity to get out on the ocean, and the boat's badly in need of a good clean and a fresh coat of antifoul.

Hmmm, yes. I very much think the shape of the bottom is incredibly important. Personally, I look for a bottom which is well rounded and broad, to add...um stability ;).
:devil:;)

Yeah, winter is decending here too, I gotta get my boat put up for the winter. Probably next week. The weather's been lovely, so apparently I'm waiting for one of those cold drizzly, sleety days to put it away :rolleyes:.
 
Afternoon Lake, and all who sail these waters.

Just stopping by to say hello, and wish you all a good start to an even better week :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top