The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what the purpose of the lemon is, but I add cinnamon to coffee grounds when I make my coffee during the week. Hey, it's good and it helps cut cholesterol or some such.

I hope this turns out - I've been several hours drinking wine with a friend in great need. I'm going to be useless tomorrow and I had big plans....

So, yeah, the oils to decongest would be good, but that's why we have saline sprays. Kind of like Handley says.

Why am I in theatre? I'm getting ready for one show to go on the boards (I'm working backstage) and then have auditions coming up for another the following week. I should probably find out what kind of accent the director envisions for the non-lead females....

I used to be a back-stage type; mostly Sound or lights.

And accents; Boston or Omaha, for example ?

I drink a large glass of orange juice every morning to get my Vitamin C to help me from getting sick! Hot tea in winter helps wake me up as well!

Of course these homemade McMuffins are a good brunch!

Morning nakeds! Three hours of sleep last night before a drive down to the Oregon coast. I promise to send pictures. Will fuel up on mocha and energy drink.

I used to be a back-stage type; mostly Sound or lights.

And accents; Boston or Omaha, for example ?
I prefer being onstage, but have been backstage for three consecutive shows now. I'll audition for the next show and that's what I need to work on a new accent for. It's a British show, but the accent that I used for the last Brit-drama is on the upper-middle class side. I think I'll be watching Corrie Street for a few hours a week....

That expression isn't true when it comes to work I'm afraid... :p
Or theatre.

Morning nakeds! Three hours of sleep last night before a drive down to the Oregon coast. I promise to send pictures. Will fuel up on mocha and energy drink.
Three hours? I think I made four, but woke up slightly hung-over. I'd much rather be heading to the OR coast than running a rehearsal tonight, cleaning the rehearsal facility tomorrow and then moving in to the theatre on Sunday.

Take me with you?

I prefer being onstage, but have been backstage for three consecutive shows now. I'll audition for the next show and that's what I need to work on a new accent for. It's a British show, but the accent that I used for the last Brit-drama is on the upper-middle class side. I think I'll be watching Corrie Street for a few hours a week....

Bearing in mind that an accent is as much a reflection on local patois, education, and so on, you could be travelling uphill. It IS possible to have an accent which has a wide and educated vocabulary, but it's not an easy thing to achieve, IMO.
You might appreciate Downton Abbey for a really upper-class type of British accent.
Corrie is NOT repeat NOT a good example of a upper middle.
Quite the reverse (it was 'northern grit', in opposition to the shows of the day).
You might look at the BBC news or something for a 'class-less' accent.

Bearing in mind that an accent is as much a reflection on local patois, education, and so on, you could be travelling uphill. It IS possible to have an accent which has a wide and educated vocabulary, but it's not an easy thing to achieve, IMO.
You might appreciate Downton Abbey for a really upper-class type of British accent.
Corrie is NOT repeat NOT a good example of a upper middle.
Quite the reverse (it was 'northern grit', in opposition to the shows of the day).
You might look at the BBC news or something for a 'class-less' accent.

That's why I need to find out from the director what she intends for the show. I'd not be reading for an upper-middle class character, so the accent I learned before wouldn't be appropriate for a maid in 1880 London.

Three hours? I think I made four, but woke up slightly hung-over. I'd much rather be heading to the OR coast than running a rehearsal tonight, cleaning the rehearsal facility tomorrow and then moving in to the theatre on Sunday.

Take me with you?

In Vancouver now, will bum around Portland tomorrow. Looking forward to touring the Tillamook factory and go crabbing on the dock. You're more than welcome to join annanova, but the hotel room only has one bed. Unless you don't mind sharing. ;)

In Vancouver now, will bum around Portland tomorrow. Looking forward to touring the Tillamook factory and go crabbing on the dock. You're more than welcome to join annanova, but the hotel room only has one bed. Unless you don't mind sharing. ;)

Ooh, I've been to the Tillamook factory! Well john, if you don't mind sharing, I don't mind it either. ;)

Ooh, I've been to the Tillamook factory! Well john, if you don't mind sharing, I don't mind it either. ;)

It is quite cold tonight, but good thing I got the bed all warmed up. I even have some bread pudding here. Funny thing, they gave me two forks. Hmm...I wonder how that happened? :rolleyes:

Good Morning to all Nakeds.
Cool, gloom,y and cloud-covered, that's us.
Yeuch. . .

Morning HP, The sun ain't up yet so I haven't even stuck my head out to look at the weather. 62 right now with a high of 80 predicted. Sounds like a nice fall day.

Have some coffee from my nice new shiny coffee pot. :)

Morning nakeds!

Life's treating me okay, despite the lack of time to work on my story writing. :(

It is quite cold tonight, but good thing I got the bed all warmed up. I even have some bread pudding here. Funny thing, they gave me two forks. Hmm...I wonder how that happened? :rolleyes:
Damn... I love bread pudding. It's better off one fork though. ;)

Morning nakeds!

Life's treating me okay, despite the lack of time to work on my story writing. :(
I hear you on the lack of time to write. Today's going to be a quiet day of chores and tomorrow is full of theatre. Maybe once we're in production....

Damn... I love bread pudding. It's better off one fork though. ;)

Well, now that you mention it...*throws out other fork*...care for a bite?

I was hoping to get Chapter 5 finished before the trip, but had felt uninspired in the last couple weeks. Still hoping to finish it before the end of the month.

Well, now that you mention it...*throws out other fork*...care for a bite?

I was hoping to get Chapter 5 finished before the trip, but had felt uninspired in the last couple weeks. Still hoping to finish it before the end of the month.
*licking lips* Yummy!

I just found out that I'm supposed to write the production poem for our cast party next Saturday. This will put a serious crimp into my finishing chapters four and five - the final chapters - of my longer series.

Welcome to a late Saturday evening in a wet England.
'Nuff said!
Good evening to you, HP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back