"Rebuild": A Zombie Survival RP

Deacon

After three months helping out with the cleaning up, reperation, constuction and cultivation, I found that I didn't want to stick around. There was still zombies around annd I avoided them, most of the people seemed to accept them, but I just couldn't. This and the fact that I had spent almost four months away from home, prompted me to bring up the subject of going home while laying in bed with Derry after a rather..."Athletic" display from her. She promised to think about it. I didn't have to wait long, there was a few conditions of course, like having people over and coming to visit Cassandra and Ria, but she did want to come with me.

That brought about the trek for the two of us. But first I had to say goodbye. I first went to see Ria, as usual she understood and even gave her blessing, there was the akward goodbye hug and muttered words for returning to visit. To her I gave a Journal, it contained everything I knew about fixing and creating things, of course it had no weapon knowledge in it's pages. Then there was Cramer. We sat drinking cold beer and smoking a cigar or two as we talked, it seemed that he had found a bit of peace, but even I could see that he was still alone, to him I gave a modified HAM radio so that we could stay in contact. Next was Cassandra, she was herself and I looked on in wonder as Derry and she talked, how ever they managed to become such good friends went beyond my understanding. I was glad that she had found somebody in Troy, he at least supported and contained her, the level head in her life other than Derry. To tease her, I gave her a silly gift-pack first, it was a string bikini with two pistols badges sewn over the nipples and Rambina written in the crotch, a neon pink dildo with a bunny face on it with the word Jackrabbit on it, a can of chocolate body paint, all of it placed on a bed of Trojan condoms. Her reaction was priceless. The real gift was a crossbow with bolts and a silenced .45 Colt 1911 "for Rambina, because a gal can never have too much protection". Lastly I went to see Daniel, the fact that I arrived with a weapon had many people edgy, even Daniel. I handed him the rifle, it was a Remington .45 Sharpshooter from the 1880's, it had no ammunition, but it was the thought that counted, as I was leaving, I turned back to him, "You know Daniel, I am sorry that we had gotten off on the wrong foot, I'm not a bad guy to get to know." I paused, "But I will come back if I hear about zombies attacking people in the Eugene area." The indication was clear, I will trust you, but slip up and you die.

I had been busy the passed few months, apart from creating a more comfortable home for Derry, I had started building a tank. It was nearly done, standing 150 meters tall and 50 meters across, it was absolutely huge. In two weeks it would be ready to test out and start filling with the new bio-diesel I had started to create. Derry seemed to be asleep when I got into bed, as I lay there, looking up at the ceiling, her arms snaked around my waist. "Hey babe." I smiled, I still believed myself one very lucky guy to have her, "Hey there" she pulled herself close and kissed me, a long time later we lay tangled but satiated, her words was soft in my ear, they would change my life forever.

"I'm pregnant."
 
Jerry

After retrieving the ammunition, Jerry was torn between heading to the Winery to see if they had needed help. But when people started reporting a heavy explosion and that some of the zombies suddenly became docile, he decided that it would be better to get back to the farm. He had already gotten rid of the zombies, cleaned up the crops that they had messed up and had started to reload some of the ammunition when he heard a vehicle pull into the drive way. He went outside and found that it was Cramer, the big guy had returned and for some reason he seemed in a slightly better mood.

Their conversations was short, yet Jerry did get the distinct impression that Cramer was happy to have him around. After two months Jerry found that they were getting along quite well, friends but not best friends. That title was reserved for one guy only. A guy named Deacon, from the sound of things, the guy had settled down far away from civilized areas, practically living off the earth so to speak.

After all the crops had been harvested and the crops tilled and the next crops planted, Jerry started to get restless, he had nothing more to do and he knew that he was not the one to get Cramer out of the sad state he was over the loss of his family. That and the fact that after Cassie's visit he had this strange yearning to find himself a girl like her. Sure he knew that she was one of a kind, but he was sure that a nice busty gal was out there.

He waited until one evening after Cramer had his daily chat with Deacon, "Hey big guy. Everything is now under control here and I'm sure that if something comes up the guys will be close enough to come help out. I have to take a little vacation." Cramer looked at him with a calculating look and then grinned at him, "Goin' Cassie-hunting?", Jerry couldn't keep the blush from rising, "Well not Cassie..." Cramer gave him a hearty clap on the shoulder, "Go ahead, I'm sure I'll be fine."

And that was how Jerry found himself in the Jeep driving back home, hoping to see his family again after quite a few months away.
 
As I rolled into the driveway in the real tree camo brute of a Hummer, that Deacon just up and gave me was a total unexpected shock. I smile at how Jerry had tended to the old Farmstead, seeing crops planted with new green growth sprouting up. Pulling on up to the front of the house I revved up the diesel a few times, twin turbos whine as they spooled up and idle down till she cools for awhile then I shut her down. I open the door and climb down from the vehicle to shake Jerry's hand.

He'd already gotten rid of the deader zombies, cleaning up the crops they had messed up. Our conversations were always short, yet I got the impression from Jerry he felt I was glad he was around. After two months we're getting along as friends, not best friends but good friends either way. But the title of best friend was reserved for one guy, my brother from another mother, Deacon. He was living far from civilization living off the land with his lil redhead Derry. After I talked the big man into it he took one of two H.A.M. radio sets I had. I told him straight out. "Now you know that purty lil gal ye got there big man, she's gonna want to hear from her ol' go between. Gals gotta know who's sleepin with who, who's knocked up n such."

After all the crops had been harvested, the crops tilled and the next crops planted, I could see my buddy was starting to get restless. Jerry had nothing more to do here on the farm, he knew he wasn't the one to get me out of the sad state I'm in over the loss of my family. That and the fact that after Cassie's visit he had a need to find himself a girl. She was like an annoying lil sis to me, but like one you still cared them even worried. But to a younger man she was one of a kind, there was sure to be a nice busty gal out there somewhere.

Jerry had waited until one evening after I had daily convo with Deacon, "Hey big guy." He just didn't know what to do with himself. "Everything is now under control here, I'm sure that if something comes up, the guys will be close enough to come help. "I have to take a little vacation." I give Jerry a calculating look then grinned at him, "Goin' Cassie huntin?" Jerry couldn't keep the blush from rising, "Well not Cassie..." I give him a hearty clap on the shoulder "Go on git, I can take care of myself. That's how he found himself in a Jeep driving back home, hoping his family is safe after being away from them for months.

Months of living alone passes slowly, with Patches her kittens and livestock for company. The Vineyard radioed routinely, or I'd ride over on my Pinto Scout to fix broken equipment. On the front porch in a rocking chair at sunset, Patches on my shoulder AR-15 across my lap. Thinking back to Deacon standing by a Hummer assault rifle with a grenade launcher leaned against his leg. Hefting a .50 cal sniper rifle in full military body armor. Grinning he would hold it up for inspection, damned well knowing that I'd obviously want one as well.

Saying "I made a few adjustments to the weapon system, or The diesel engine purrs like a kitten with a saucer of cream in front of a fire in the winter." Or like "Now THIS I will not share, she's my second sweetheart and so far untested. But with a two kilometer reach, I'm sure that we will have loads of fun." Remembering one of the last things he said to me in person about borrowing a cell to call Derry. "I don't need to phone my little red head, I'm gonna go see her."
 
Last edited:
Derry and Deacon were just sitting down to their evening meal when a far away hum caught their attention. They looked at each other Derry blinking asked, "Who on earth would that be ....in the middle of now where?" They both pushed themselves away from the table and went to look out the window of the small cabin that Deacon had built with his own hands.

It had taken all summer to built it strong and warm, all summer of living in a tent. Derry grew pretty tired of the bugs and dampness. It got worse for her as she got bigger with her pregnancy. The day they got to move into the cabin Derry sighed in relief shouting, "No more dampness, no more bugs, I mean is this luxury or not?" They had both laughed as they moved their belongings inside. The small loft was the bedroom, the downstairs was one large room with the kitchen on one side and the living area on the other. The soon to be born baby would be upstairs with them for the first year. After that they would decide where another room would be added.

Deacon quickly went to the window, Derry lumbered after him, hands at the back of her waist trying to stretch out the kinks. She looked around Deacon's arm, " Can you see what is making that noise? Should we get out the guns?"

Deacon shook his head indicating no. The both of them waited as the dust cloud indicating some kind of vehicle came closer.
 
"It is a Jeep and it looks like some guy who I have not seen yet. At least he is not a zombie and the fact that he knew where to turn off shows that he is either trusted or a friend."

I gave Derry's shoulder a gentle squeeze, made certain my pistol was loaded and then pushed open the door and stepped out as the Jeep came to a halt a few feet from the steps.

"Wahl I do declah, you sure's a big guy."

I blinked at the words, a short muscular man climbed out of the Jeep, taking off his sunglasses and pushing the bill of his cap a bit upwards. "Yehr Deacon yeh? Derry's man?"

I nodded and the man walked forward, huge grin on his face and hand out in greeting, "Name's Jerry, me'n Cramer's family."

That was the magic words, I could feel the tension melt away as I took the man's hand. I remember Derry telling me about a Jerry who helped keep Cramer's farm safe and secure. We shook hands and I motioned him to the door, "Derry's inside, we were just sitting down to eat, come join us."
 
Back
Top