Lestat's New Companion (Closed for celestialdragon)

Katherine smiled. "I'd love to have some coffee," she admitted, almost beaming. Buttoning her blouse up a little to look a bit more modest, she ran a hand through her spiked hair, flattening it some.
 
Lestat chuckled. "Don't let us going somewhere else change your look. We are going back to my place, as I can make better coffee than any of these joints ever could. Plus, it'll be free, and I promise that I will be the perfect host," he said, using all of his powers of persuasion to pull her into going with him.
 
Katherine smiled. "Sounds good to me," she agreed. She was getting a little tired of over priced coffee, anyways. Besides, he was good looking. Who knows? Maybe she'll get laid. She could use a good lay, the last good one she had was over a year ago. Most of the guys lately had been amateurs.
 
Lestat smiled, hearing Katherine's thoughts. Unfortunately she wouldn't be getting laid until after the process was completed, as he wouldn't be able to control himself, and would probably kill her. He didn't want that though. He walked them toward his car, happy he had parked it before walking the strip. He held the door open for her, before sliding into the driver's side and heading to his home.
 
Katherine slid into the passenger seat, and relaxed as Lestat drove them to his home. She was excited, this was the most promising lay in a long time. Who knows, maybe she'll actually have a relationship again, and she wouldn't have to use toys for a long time. She stretched a little in the seat as she studied him more, wanting him, needing to know more about him.
 
Lestat smiled, seeing his persuasion working. He zipped along the streets, reading her thoughts. Without warning, he pulled into a garage, parking the car and stepping out, before opening Katherine's door. He held his hand out, before helping her up from the seat. "Welcome to my lair," he said teasingly, even if it was true in actuality.
 
Katherine laughed as she got out of Lestat's car. "Looks nice so far," she teased, pressing herself to him a little.
 
Lestat smiled as he ushered her into the house. Once there, he did fix both of them coffee, before settling down on the couch and looking at Katherine as she drank her coffee. "Better than what Starbucks, or any of those other joints make?" he asked.
 
Katherine nodded, drinking her coffee, almost inhaling it. "Absolutely. My compliments to the chef," she teased, continuing to sip it. "Nice place," she added, feeling her skin grow warm.
 
Lestat smiled, before moving to sit next to her. Without waiting, he immediately started to kiss her neck, before sinking his fangs deeply into her. It took a matter of seconds for him to have her under his control, as he slowly drained the life out of her. The taste was out of this world, better than he had ever tasted. He knew he had to act fast, so quickly moved through the process as Katherine fell into a coma-like sleep, the process of becoming a vampire rivaling his capabilities already underway.
 
Katherine gasped as she felt him bite her, but then things went blurry as she fell asleep. She struggled a bit, not knowing what was going on, and soon, her eyes fluttered close, her breathing shallow.
 
Lestat finished the first part of the procedure, before grabbing the knife he had set aside for this. He cut himself, before placing the cut to Katherine's lips. He forced the blood into her mouth, holding her nose and getting her to swallow. He did it several more times, before licking the cut to close it. He sat to the side, knowing the worst was yet to come, as his blood took hold and changed her body.
 
Katherine felt something enter her mouth, and she tried to spit it out, but she couldn't, and soon, her eyes flew open.

She was in agonizing pain, thrashing on Lestat's couch, screaming loudly, begging for the pain to stop. It felt like hot knives were diving into her skin, and colorful lights fluttered past her sight of vision. She could feel tears rolling down her face from the pain, and she tried to find Lestat, wanting to know what happened, what WAS happening, but she couldn't find him.

Finally, her body came to a rest, and breathing shallowly, but very well, she closed her eyes, exhausted. Her mouth hurt something awful, too.
 
Lestat could see that the change was proceeding. He wondered if he was doing the right thing by her, but quickly put that from his mind. He had seen that she was alone, wasn't close to family, and it helped to make his decision. He new it would be a while before she awoke, so he moved about, preparing more coffee. While he didn't need anything but blood, he could still enjoy the unique tastes mortal food offered him.
 
Katherine woke up a couple hours later, and she groaned softly as she sat up, her mouth hurting something dreadful, and as she leaned forward to rest her head in her hands, she caught a long lock of blonde hair, in soft waves. She hadn't had long hair since she was a teenager, and she tentatively pulled on it. Ouch.

She shakily stood up, and she noticed she moved with a certain grace that she hadn't before.

She was also very thirsty, or hungry. She couldn't tell which.

"Lestat?" she called out, remembering she was at his house. "I need to feed!"

Feed? Where did that come from? Katherine was more confused than ever.

But now, she needed to sate this hidden thirst. Then she would pester him with questions.
 
Lestat came quickly to Katherine's side. He could see the new hunger in her eyes. He knew what it meant, and without further talking, grabbed her hand and pulled her along with him, until they were outside. He quickly leapt into the air, flying both Katherine and himself while searching. He found the criminal he was looking for, before diving down on both of them.

Lestat looked at Katherine as he snapped the man's neck, knowing that the thirst would have her drain this man dry. "Feed," he said, knowing that he had a certain influence over her as her creator.
 
Katherine thought that flying was the most exhilarating thing as a fledgling until she began to feed, drinking hungrily. The man's blood was slightly sour, but she quenched her thirst, drinking even more, not wanting to stop. She didn't even know if she could stop, it tasted so good.
 
Lestat stood to the side, making sure no one was around to witness this. He would be able to hide the truth behind the attack, but would need to wait until after Katherine was done feeding. It would take up to 10 minutes for her to finish feeding from this man, since he was dead.
 
It took her awhile, but soon, he was drained. Katherine leaned back with a satisfied sigh, licking her lips clean, in case any blood had spilled out onto her face. She gently touched each fang with her tongue, cleaning them. She looked at Lestat, who was watching her.

"Why?" was the only thing she said to him.

Why her? Why now? Why did he do this? Surely, she'd enjoy it, but still, why?
 
Lestat looked at Katherine, then smiled sadly. "I was lonely," was the only response he offered to her. He quickly hid the fang marks with a slice of his knife, before taking Katherine's hand and quickly launching into flight again. He arrived quickly at his lair, before landing.

"If you want a further explanation, you will get it once you are calm," he said, walking into the next room and closing the door.
 
Katherine sat in the room, stunned, alarmed, angry, and hurt. She looked out toward the window and closed the curtains, not wanting to look at the stunning view outside.

She had been lonely, too. It's why she frequented the night clubs, and threw herself into her studies. Until Lestat came along, and she was thrusted into a new life.

Crying softly, mourning at the lost chance of saying good bye to what friends she did have, she curled up on the couch and eventually fell back asleep, wanting more answers, but afraid of hearing them.
 
Lestat could hear the jumbled thoughts going through Katherine's head. He knew he could help her with most of them, but at the same time, until she was ready to accept them, there was just no point in him telling her when she would deny them. He took a deep breath, amazed that her scent followed her into immortality. He went into the other room, before sitting next to her and gently stroking her hair as she slept.
 
Katherine could feel someone there, comforting her as she slept, and she fell into a deeper sleep, the tears stopped for now.

When she woke up, maybe a few hours later, she saw it was Lestat who was keeping the vigil by her side, stroking her hair. She could feel the loneliness and a little guilt at what he had done, but also happy, and worried. She didn't say anything, just looked up at him, almost like a scared little girl.
 
Lestat looked down at her, smiling slightly. "Are you ready to hear what I have to say, or are you sure of what you were, and what you will accept?" he asked, wanting to make sure she would accept the truth. After making as many fledglings as he did, he didn't want to explain it all over again.
 
Katherine thought for a moment, then nodded. She didn't trust her voice right now, but she knew she needed answers, and Lestat was the only person who could give her those answers. She moved closer to him, desiring contact, especially if it would be soothing to her.
 
Back
Top