Adventures in Beleriath (Casting Call)

OpinionFeast

Experienced
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Posts
58
Beleriath
(http://i.imgur.com/XPuvEN3.jpg)

This is a fantasy world set in a medieval time, but there are a small advancement in technology. Through magic, clockwork devices are made. This created possibilities such as cities set atop giant mechanical spiders like the Drow city of Iccot currently resting near the Llaisy Forest. The land is relatively peaceful after the agreement to have a worldwide king, Nadar.

Before King Nadar there had been endless war among the races. This caused long lasting grudges, one most prominent being the Dwarves' hatred of Humans, and likewise from Humans to Dwarves.

Though the land is peaceful, there is no shortage of danger and adventure to be had. Hordes of monsters roam mountains, caves, and wastelands. Treasure and magical artifacts are guarded by dungeons, ancient temples, hidden rooms, and fearsome monsters. Multitudes of people feel the lust for adventure. Some become great heroes, some die gruesomely, and some give up to live as farmers and townsfolk after not enough excitement or too much.

You are one of these adventurers, looking for a great treasure to become rich, or for a magical artifact to become powerful, or even for a monster that killed someone close to you. Whatever you're looking for, you found adventure, and adventure has lead you to Aelmor.
 
Here is information you need to know for being a part in this adventure:

1) There will only be three adventurers selected, making it a four person party. I will select characters that I think would be interesting in the party and will PM you if you've been accepted. That is, of course, unless I only get three or fewer entries, at which time I will select them.

2) Everybody will be part of making adventures and playing in them. We will take "turns" making adventures for the party to go on. "Turns" meaning that after an adventure, or during a pause, another player will start taking the party on their adventure. This will all be organized in an OOC thread.

3) This is the medieval world in which swords and sorcery are the methods of combat and survival. There are no super powers, no guns, no cars, etc.

4) Your character must fall in one of the races: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, and Gnome. You can have a half-breed consisting of two of the races. If you have an idea for a race that you'd really prefer to be, PM me and I will accept of deny it.

5) Your character can be whatever they want but must be able to be classified into one of these classes:
  • Fighter: A character that has trained with one or more weapons to fight with, or they are trained in unarmed combat.
  • Mage: A character that has spent a lot of time studying magic and specifically combat-related spells.
  • Healer: A character that has learned either alchemical forms of healing, or specifically utility-based and healing spells.
Fighter is the very broad term in this, and can even know spells, be it utility or combat spells. Any character that fights using mostly non-magical means is a Fighter.

6) A "Character Sheet" used for submitting on this thread will look like this:
Name:
Race:
Class:
Sex:
Birthplace:

Description:

Backstory:

7) Lastly, your backstory must contain some reason for you to be in Aelmor. It doesn't have to be too creative if you can't think of anything, but your character will be meeting the others there.

Aelmor Description:
This is a large town, a center for clockwork construction and trade. The main roads are clean, lined with shops, and always busy. The back streets are much less so, hardly ever being taken care of. Most people prefer to live in their shops than having to go there to get home. The town has an outpost for the King's army just to the north. It is almost impossible to cross the land bridge this town rests on, effectively making it a common spot to find all kinds of people.
 
My Character

Name: Riesse
Race: Half-Breed, Human-Elf
Class: Fighter
Sex: Female
Birthplace: Tratun (Refer to map in first post to find a birthplace)

Description:
Riese has a small amount of leather armor, and one metal breastplate covering the majority of her front. Otherwise, she wears common clothes. She wields a longsword two-handed for more power. She has minor pyromancy magic for combat and utility, being able to burn enemies, but also able to light torches and fires.

Backstory:
Growing up poor, Riesse didn't have much means to go adventuring, but felt a lust for it anyway. She was always told she wasn't cut out for it, which only made her want it more. Her childhood consisted of following the town guards around and helping them kill wolves and other minor monsters that threaten the town. She would ask everyone in town for quests every day (Usually being pulling weeds or fetching bread from the baker). She was trained under her father, which was a retired soldier in the King's Army. Now grown up, but being so poor and not having the ability to go far, she has only traveled to Aelmor, hoping to cross the land bridge to find worthwhile quests to get money and magical items to help take her on great adventures.
 
Name: Emerald
Age: 67 (In human eyes, 26)
Race: Elf
Hair color: Gold blonde
Eye color: Forest Green.
Class: Fighter (Wood elf)
Sex: Male
Birthplace: Lethy forest (Refer to map in first post to find a birthplace)

Description:
Unlike other elves from his village, Emerald was muscular and defined. His gold blonde hair is trimmed to shoulder level and like all fighters from Lethy, he wears a magically sewn armor called Arstrai.
Arstrai is elvish tongue for plant-hold.
It is produced by magically mixing plant leaves with barks from the great white oak tree at the center of the forest. The armor is more like a clothing, his is customized to a tight fitting sleeveless shirt. As always Arstrai is green in color and sturdy enough to hold most severe Melee hits as well As a repel some mild magical attacks. He wears brown leather pants and matching green boots. Two twin swords hanging at his side, a quiver full of arrows at his back, and a bow in hand.


Backstory:
Emerald was very different from other Lethian elves. For not only was he mascular and toned like an orc. Not only was he chiselled and defined like a master blacksmith's best craft, Emerald was also unable to do magic.
As a wood elf he's supposed to be able to control plants, bend vines to his will and even crate elusive images when in thick vegetation. Emerald can do none of this. And so when monsters attacked Lethy he was unable to save his little sister.
So he learned the use of the bow, and mastered the art of swords.
One night, Emerald found in the library, an ancient scroll showing a race of ancient elves who had the same physique as he. On investigating, he realized he was not a true Lethian. (The story is that his mother fled to Lethy and handed him over to his late parents...)
Throwing on his sac, Emerald started towards the exit of Lethy, his mind bent on finding his people and possibly his real parents.


NOTE
During his journey he arrived in Aelmore... where he intends to spend noth'n more than two days.
 
Will edit and revise when I get online

Name: Aldrich Brand; scarce few know his actual name. He is better known as “The Hermit of the Whispering Mire” or “The Wizard of Ravenwood.”

Race: Human

Class: Mage

Sex: Male

Birthplace: Sastow


Description

The mage’s most noticeable feature is his faded charcoal-black pointy hat. It sits crookedly atop his premature-gray head. He stands 5’10” and weighs 170 lbs of lean muscle veiled beneath gray and brown robes. He appears secretive and comfortable beneath his layers. There are many deep pockets for which he keeps many pages, bags, and other trinkets to conjure and bolster his spells. His face is obscured by his robes’ tall collar, his single blue eye and eyepatch being mostly what one would normally see of him.

Besides his magic, the weapons he carries are a silver short sword and a runic dagger. The sword’s name is Raven’s Song, and the dagger, Ruin. He speaks to both of them and fights with them equally. Each weapon suits a special purpose or task required in certain spells he’ll conjure.

Backstory

Everyone knew that the boy was special. He conversed with animals and strange things always occurred when he was around. The odd child scared away his nannies with his magic tricks. Between trying to balance a job as an Apothecary and trying to manage her son, Aldrich’s mother, Sara Brand, figured that it was time her son went to a place where he could learn to control his powers. They left their home of Sastow and sailed across the sea to The Eldritch City of Tiriande. It was there that the boy was enrolled in the Tiriande School of the Arcane Arts. He astounded his instructors. The boy was a prodigy like his mother had been for you see, his mother was a witch and his father a closely-guarded secret.

Aldrich studied at the school well into his teenaged years, and overtime, the praise his teachers lavished on him went to his head. One night, his peers had dared him to cast a black magic spell. The black arts were forbidden due to the untamed and destructive potential the magic had for the caster and those around him. Aldrich believed that he was a master and the boys using their talents secretly broke into The Library of the Forbidden Fruit. They quickly stole a random page from one of the books and fled back to Aldrich’s bedroom to watch him perform the ritual. The price of learning humility on such a night could not have been crueler.

The power that Aldrich tapped into had put such a strain and drain on his body that it turned his brunet hair silver and nearly white. He summoned a devil, and the creature mercilessly slaughtered his friends before his eyes. The creature escaped and sought to leave Aldrich with the blame. Out of fear of being accused with manslaughter, he fled from the school and sought out the demon that had escaped. He followed the creature back across the sea to Sastow, where it fled to his home to try and murder his mother. Even with his mother’s power, the devil proved too strong and threatened to kill her but before it could, Aldrich made a deal with the creature. In exchange for his mother’s soul, he would give his own, and it was on that day that his left eye became cursed for it became the home of the devil, Oss.

Aldrich did not stay with his mother for the school had sent powerful magi called, Magistrates to capture him. He left his mother in grief knowing that he would never be allowed to see her again.

Aldrich settled down west of the Silver River in Iccot, a town where he felt safe and far outside of Tiriande’s view. He became a sellsword, selling his skills for money until he was able to buy a home where he could return to his arcane studies. He thought that he had found peace until his eye started to act up. Oss hungered for souls, and he took possession of Aldrich and had him commit a series of murders that had him fleeing his home again.

Scared and driven half-mad, Aldrich fled southeast and wandered through the Golden Desert. A small band of pilgrims from The Holy City of Heabluff stumbled across him when they had lost their way to The Divine City of Bizundush, gaunt, skin red and blistered from the sun, and clawing the sand for lizards and insects. The holy knights immediately sought to kill him, but the priestess saw his affliction and sought to heal him instead. The priestess, Nut, exorcised Oss from Aldrich’s body and placed a seal over his left eye for she had said the devil had burrowed so deep that he had made a hole from the Mortal Realm to the Abyss and for as long as his eye remained sealed, then no evil would ever escape. Out of gratitude, Aldrich accompanied the band as a protector and sought Nut’s guidance, sharing with her all of his hardships. The priestess put his mind and soul at peace, and the two fell in love. However, because of her chaste vows, she could not be with him. The two remained in love in spirit, and once the pilgrims had successfully made it to the divine city, Aldrich parted ways.

With his mind and soul purged of his demons and depression, Aldrich could return to his studies with more vigor than he had before. He came up with a guise for himself and studied magic in remote hovels in the central and eastern regions. The people of nearby towns came up with names for him for none knew who the stranger was. He took after his mother selling tonics and other strange hoodoo, and used the gold to buy food and other supplies for his home.

Aldrich currently resides in The Whispering Mire and does business between Tratun and Aelmor. He learns what he can about the outside world (any news outside the shack of his home) and he visits the libraries to peruse the books.
 
Name: Dahlia

Race: Cervitaur (more commonly known as a Deer-Centaur)

Class: Warrior

Sex: Female

Birthplace: On the edge of the Golden Desert in the forest that The Pale River runs through

Description: Like all centaur races Dahlia has the genitalia of both her human and animal half, and enjoys both equally. She grew up in the forest with her people who wore little to no clothing. She prefers to be naked, but when she's in a human settlement or similar place where her nudity isn't accepted she wears a pale yellow cloak that covers her up.

Backstory: Dahlia grew up on the banks of The Pale River in a small herd of fellow Cervitaurs. Her people were somewhat reclusive, and rarely left their forest home. Dahlia would've grown up with this trait as well if she hadn't met Dane when she was young. Dane was from the town of Erest, and had come to the forest to hunt with his father. Dahlia and Dane became fast friends and soon Dane was traveling to the forest with his father as often as he could. As the pair grew up together, Dane told Dahlia stories of great adventurers, and soon the pair dreamed of becoming great warriors themselves. Dahlia was trained with a spear by one of the few warriors in her tribe, and took to the fighting style quickly. Dane took up the sword, and they'd often spar together. As the pair grew up together a romance began to bud between them. They kept their relationship a secret because Dahlia's people disapproved of her friendship with a human, and having one as a mate would be unacceptable. Once Dahlia and Dane were of age they decided to run away together and become adventurers. They were planning to make the journey to Aelmor, but before they could leave Dane died saving a child from a burning house. Dahlia spent a year mourning her lost friend and lover, before deciding to journey to Aelmor to honor his memory.
 
Back
Top