Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarojaede said:
Yes, those were in blue books today.

But, in my classes during the semester, during which students are required have all their final drafts computer-generated, I still get text/IM type slang. Using U for you is especially prevelant.

Yep.

I have them that use it in cover letters & resumes.

I am such a nazi when it comes to this type of stuff. btw, I'm NOT an English teacher!!!

pleasteasme said:
Yep.

I have them that use it in cover letters & resumes.

I am such a nazi when it comes to this type of stuff. btw, I'm NOT an English teacher!!!
I always assumed you were an American teacher. :confused:

Sarojaede said:
Twisted? Moi???

[blinks]

Damnit!!!! Where the hell did my halo go this time!

[suspects Silver stole the damn thing again.]

Is ths it?

Warning senseless violence awaits

Attachments

• halo.jpg
    halo.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 25
i can't seem to find the thread on how to fillet a panda. :(

btw... while i'm here... annie lennox is one weird broad.

been watching the bill moyers series on faith & reason in which he had an interview with margaret atwood. ms. atwood is clearly a very intelligent woman. she's also mind-numbingly boring as a speaker.

ed

I remember in grad school when I would go to professional conferences to see some "big name" authors/researchers in my field speak. I would go because I had read their published work and research and it was fascinating. Some of the ones with the most fascinating publications turned out to be the most boring speakers/presenters EVER! It was rather disheartening.

My two oldest kids are going to spend tomorrow with their dad.

I don't want to see him tomorrow. It would have been our 12th wedding anniversary.

Scalywag said:
cool.

yanks win today?
dunno... last i saw it was 3-0 in the 6th w/b'more on top.

guess you guys were happy to have a broken down catcher rather than no catcher at all the other night huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back