Deleted Story

Joined
Sep 13, 2003
Posts
4,493
I wrote a few stories under a different name. I went to check on the ratings on them and found that one of the stories that had been there for several years and had fairly good ratings with new longer there. As if it had been deleted. How does that happen? What happened to it?
 
If you get an answer from Laurel, please share it. If it accidentally violated some unwritten rule, I'm sure we'd all like to know about it.

It's unlikely to be an 'unwritten' rule. Admin deletion of a story, not deletion at the author's request, usually occurs after it has been reported for breaking a known rule.
 
It's unlikely to be an 'unwritten' rule. Admin deletion of a story, not deletion at the author's request, usually occurs after it has been reported for breaking a known rule.

Oh sure. But the fact the the story had been up for several years means that the violation (if that's what it was) went unnoticed for quite awhile, so it probably wasn't a flagrant violation.

I guess 'unwritten' was a poor choice of words on my part. It might have been more accurate to say an 'interpretation or nuance of a rule that most of us might not consider.'
 
Stories are approved at a rate of 60-100 per day, and only one person is doing it. Laurel is skimming. Things get missed.

When they are then reported, Laurel reviews the story, looking for the specific things in the report. If she finds the report to be accurate, the story gets sent back to the author for revision.

It could be years before someone bothers to report something.
 
If you log in from the account that you used to post the story, you may get information about what happened to it, and perhaps an option to have it put back up if you can remedy whatever it was caused deletion.
 
Usually there is a notice in the writer's index to the effect that the story has been rejected, and you can click on that to find out why. There could have been a rule change or something. I used to have an illustrated poem with pics of my grandson, until Management decided to prohibit such photos and deleted them. I have posted stories involving role-playing a child until Management disallowed those.
 
Of course there is always the possibility the story had something in it that a reader didn't think quite fit within the rules and it was taken down because of that.
 
Back
Top