Artwork and Images - To Catch A Fancy

Collar_N_Cuffs

Clink Kink
I wanted to start a thread where we could share artwork that catches our fancy. Favourite works of art, or things that we just stumble across as we surf. Whatever you find beautiful and want to share from the world of art :)

Here's one I just found that caught my eye.

1f0a9ba0e09c27aa48f3903e4642a403.jpg

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
"A" for effort ^^^^ :p

Very nice, Elle. Love them both! I had not thought about peach/apricot never being in fashion, but she looks so marvellously... feminine in it! :heart:

I wanted to start a thread where we could share artwork that catches our fancy. Favourite works of art, or things that we just stumble across as we surf. Whatever you find beautiful and want to share from the world of art :)

Here's one I just found that caught my eye.

1f0a9ba0e09c27aa48f3903e4642a403.jpg

This. :heart:

Our neighbors had a weeping willow in their yard for years. I spent a lot of time under it as a child.
1HvKHWt.jpg

Weeping Willows are special huh? Our neighbour's to the south have one and I love it, they pollarded it this winter and I was very sad; these people have grandchildren, if nothing else their grandchildren are just the right 'tree age'

So sad 😢. Our neighbors lost theirs to a storm and had to cut what was left of it down. I was heartbroken 💔

i'd like to claim partial responsibility for this lovely thread. :)

i'd like to claim partial responsibility for this lovely thread. :)

Sure, you get 10 percent of the profits :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am also a fan of whimsy (of course :D) and am particularly fond of trees and birds. They make me happy :)

tree_of_life_by_prisarts_poster-r136f6a265fb84d78872023472759033c_wls_8byvr_324.jpg

Gain has a fondness for Flamingo art..the very classic, and the modern stunning watercolours. . There are SO many I shall not pick for him, but will ask at the weekend if he would like to respond to you arts birds. We have some dreary oils on wood of dead birds. I could probably share them here, they are rather grim though. The antithesis of frivoloty :(

Oddly enough, I positively adore still life paintings with game birds. Usually dead on a table with fruit :eek: I know, not very frivolous, but there is something so heart breakingly beautiful about them. And they are accessible in a way they never would be if alive. I have never thought about this before. A little weird, but.. hey. It's art. Needs no justification :)

Back