Texas, WTF ?

Special thanks, to BND

Rep. Sam Johnson (R-TX) is upset, that using the phrase "so help me, God/god," is optional, when swearing an oath to be honorable and trustworthy.

"In 2013, the U.S. Air Force Academy made the phrase ‘so help me God’ optional in the oath each cadet takes, and why did they do this?

"Because of one radical atheist group’s demands."

"Let me be clear: Americans have the freedom of religion – but not freedom from religion. The moral foundation of our country is in serious danger if we allow radical groups to dictate whether or not we can freely express our religious beliefs. It’s time to take a stand.”
- Rep. Sam Johnson (R-TX)

Rep. Sam Johnson (R-TX) said the bill, called the Preserve and Protect God in Military Oaths Act of 2015 would protect the religious freedom of American troops.

2013

The Air Force Academy has declared the phrase “so help me God” at the end of the Air Force cadet honor code optional.

“Here at the Academy, we work to build a culture of dignity and respect, and that respect includes the ability of our cadets, Airmen and civilian Airmen to freely practice and exercise their religious preference – or not.” said Lt. Gen. Michelle D. Johnson, Academy Superintendent, in an online statement. “So, in the spirit of respect, cadets may or may not choose to finish the Honor Oath with ‘So help me God.’”

Texans notice

November 5, 2013


Republicans Sam Johnson of Plano and Pete Olson of Sugar Land introduced a bill last week to require Congressional approval before any changes may be made to oaths to enlist in the Armed Forces.

Their legislation comes on the heels of a decision by the Air Force Academy on Oct. 25 to allow cadets taking their honor code to opt out of saying “so help me God” at the end of the oath.


http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/201...-keep-so-help-me-god-in-air-force-honor-oath/

AFA


OCT 25, 2013

On Monday, the Independent broke the story that the honor oath posted at the Air Force Academy's preparatory school includes the phrase "so help me God," and has since 1984. This morning, the academy announced the phrase will be considered optional.

But Mikey Weinstein, head of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, wants to know what the academy means by that. Will the honor oath contain those words in the handbook cadets are given? Will the sign containing those words be put up again after it was removed last week?

"What does that mean? Are they taking the four words out?" Weinstein says. "If the words are still there, if our clients are willing to come forward, we'll sue the academy in federal court aggressively and as soon as we can."

If the academy retains the "so help me God" wording, those cadets who choose not to say it, Weinstein says, "will stick out like a tarantula on a wedding cake."


Rights

"First Amendment to the Constitution specifies that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.”

Protesters against being forced to profess a religious belief, that they do not follow

"Look, I've just spent the last four days at the Academy and have had scores of MRFF clients plead with me to my face to even more aggressively expose the fundamentalist Christian oppression which continues unabated there. This 'Conference' is a Poster Child example of this tyranny. MRFF's numerous Academy clients are furious, desperate and terribly hurt about this latest action of unconstitutional religious theater of the absurd. This Academy sponsored 'Religious Respect Conference' is absolutely akin to the KKK hosting an 'African American Appreciation Conference'."

-Mikey Weinstein


http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/...od-because-there-is-no-freedom-from-religion/


http://www.agnostic-library.com/ma/


http://www.csindy.com/IndyBlog/archives/2013/10/21/afa-honor-code-so-help-me-god

http://www.csindy.com/IndyBlog/archives/2012/10/29/afa-explores-religious-respect

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/...o-require-religious-pledge-of-military-cadets
 
Yay for the Air Force Academy. They seem to know what "secular state" means.
 
I cannot help but be in shock, to read that a group of people have decided that they need to give teachers permission to use their guns to shoot students to death over property that belongs to the school.

I cannot hope to understand their mindsets.

It is as if their "internet tough guy personas" have eaten away whatever good sense they started out with.

They have lost all sense of what is appropriate.

I cannot imagine what would happen, if they attempted to pull such a prank in New York or Boston.

I'm, also not happy that they thought things had gotten so bad that it is a necessary thing!
 
I'm, also not happy that they thought things had gotten so bad that it is a necessary thing!

"Things had gotten so bad"? "Necessary thing"? No matter how rough or vandalous or larcenous students have been with school property, it does not conceivably justify or require armed retaliation.
 
:D


Texas School District to Arm Teachers



March 27, 2013

By BEN WALDRON


Ben Waldron More from Ben »

Educators in a Texas school district will soon be permitted to carry guns in the classroom, assuming they get approval from the school superintendent, pass a training course and obtain a concealed-handgun license.

The Levelland Independent School District, which is about 30 miles west of Lubbock, instituted the policy in response to last year's deadly shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., as well as the shooting at the Aurora, Colo., movie theater.


via World News

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-school-district-arm-teachers/story?id=18823381
 

:D


Texas School District to Arm Teachers



March 27, 2013

By BEN WALDRON


Ben Waldron More from Ben »

Educators in a Texas school district will soon be permitted to carry guns in the classroom, assuming they get approval from the school superintendent, pass a training course and obtain a concealed-handgun license.

The Levelland Independent School District, which is about 30 miles west of Lubbock, instituted the policy in response to last year's deadly shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., as well as the shooting at the Aurora, Colo., movie theater.


via World News

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-school-district-arm-teachers/story?id=18823381


Based off of this ^^

I'm, also not happy that they thought things had gotten so bad that it is a necessary thing!

I think you're full of shit and totally stoked about putting guns in your public schools.
 
Based off of this ^^



I think you're full of shit and totally stoked about putting guns in your public schools.

I think it's a good ideal to have "Guardians" on site.

I know several of the teachers when I was in school would have taken out a shooter or anyone else trying to harm a child there, even if it meant their life.

Now, naturally it's the teachers choice to be armed or whatever.

As to how many armed teachers there might be...no one knows even now.
 
I think it's a good ideal to have "Guardians" on site.

I know several of the teachers when I was in school would have taken out a shooter or anyone else trying to harm a child there, even if it meant their life.

Now, naturally it's the teachers choice to be armed or whatever.

As to how many armed teachers there might be...no one knows even now.

There will be none. Local schools will forbid it because if they allow it they can kiss their insurance goodbye.
 
I think it's a good ideal to have "Guardians" on site.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ideal

I belive the word you were looking for is idea...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/idea

And I agree to some extent....but I wish they had better standards. The 'program' for a TX CHL is a fucking joke. You shouldn't be allowed to pack for a class of kids until you put 20,000 rounds downrange under intensive combat training scenarios held to the highest of standards by the nations foremost experts. Minimum....

I know several of the teachers when I was in school would have taken out a shooter or anyone else trying to harm a child there, even if it meant their life.

Now, naturally it's the teachers choice to be armed or whatever.

As to how many armed teachers there might be...no one knows even now.

I don't really give a fuck....I just found it funny that you're REALLY tore up about the situation but shit eating grin at the same time.

LOL Personally I think TX should hand guns out with their double cheeseburgers....preferably locked n' loaded.
 
Last edited:
From AP news online

3/31/2015 New York Times

AUSTIN, Texas — Texas would cut $3 million from programs to prevent HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases and spend that money instead on abstinence education under a contentious Republican-sponsored measure tucked into the state budget Tuesday night.

The GOP-controlled House overwhelmingly approved the budget amendment, but not before a tense exchange with Democrats that veered into the unusually personal.

Republican state Rep. Stuart Spitzer, a doctor and the amendment's sponsor, at one point defended the change by telling the Texas House that he practiced abstinence until marriage. The first-term lawmaker said he hopes schoolchildren follow his example, saying, "What's good for me is good for a lot of people."

* gsgs comment-Texas answers the need for health care for women- by getting rid of health clinics that tell a woman the truth, getting rid of sexual health education that tells women the truth, and replace them with white Republican Christian clinics that will lie to women, because white Republican Christians deserve government funds.*


http://www.austinchronicle.com/dail...se-funnels-hiv-funds-to-abstinence-education/

Texas House Funnels HIV Funds to Abstinence Education
House passes measure diverting HIV funds to abstinence education
APR. 1, 2015

Staving off objections from Democrats, a measure that would divert $3 million from HIV/STD prevention programs to abstinence-only education sailed through the House during Tuesday’s marathon debate over the massive, $210 billion Texas budget.

Responding to questions from Rep. Chris Turner, D-Arlington, Spitzer, a physician, appeared unaware that Texas receives the most money nationally for abstinence education and holds one of the highest teen birth rates in the country.

More on the (no)sex ed front: An amendment by Rep. Chris Turner, D-Arlington, which would have ensured “medically accurate, objective” sexual education was shot down while a measure by Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, to prevent family planning funds from going toward sexual education instruction or materials sponsored by abortion affiliates passed the House.
 
LOL I'm so glad a left that tard shack.

When will it sink into the moronic social conservatives that "Just say No" is, has been and always will be total fail??
 
Wasn't "Just say no" part of the War on Drugs?

And how is that working for you???

marijuana_map.0.0.png


Look at all that Republican love of freedom and capitalism....:rolleyes:

And that's just weed.....how many people do you expect you're going to stop from fucking with that stupid shit? :confused:

It's religious social conservative stupidity at it's finest....
 
Last edited:
Senator Donna Campbell and Rep. Matt Krause

"...bar state or local governments from enforcing anti-discrimination laws in the event of a religious claim. They even want to enshrine the ban in the Texas Constitution. This would effectively gut anti-discrimination protections, particularly for gay people, in most cities.

SJR 10 and HJR 125 would throw open the courthouse door to expensive lawsuits challenging any law, policy, regulation, government action or decision that an individual sees as conflicting with his or her religious beliefs.

HB 3567 by Rep. Scott Sanford. Would prevent the government from punishing a clergy member or person of faith who does not perform same-sex marriages.

• HB 3864, also by Rep. Sanford. Would allow child welfare organizations to deny care to children of LGBT parents based on religious beliefs. Sen. Donna Campbell filed its Senate companion, SB 1935.

• HB 3602 by Rep. Cecil Bell. Would bar retaliation against “conscientious objectors” who refuse to perform same-sex marriages. SB 1799 by Sen. Larry Taylor contains similar language.

• HB 55 by Rep. Jason Villalba and SJR 10 by Sen. Campbell. Would allow Texas’ businesses to refuse service or deny employment to LGBT people based on individual’s or religious organization’s beliefs. Villalba has since said he would reconsider his resolution, but Rep. Matt Krause filed the identical HJR 125 late on March 12.

• HB 2553 by Rep. Molly White. Would allow business owners to decide whom they serve or conduct business with based on religious convictions.

• HB 1355 by Rep. Matt Shaheen. Would make it a criminal offense for an elected official to threaten, punish or intimidate a person based on the person’s religious beliefs.

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/l...-the-anti-business-party-of-texas-is-born.ece

April 17, 2015

Crisis Pregnancy Center- Where you can hear lies, get misinformation, and be misled about your pregnancy.

Only 20 abortion providers remain today – yet there are 25 state-funded CPCs, and a total of 200 CPCs in Texas.

CPCs stand to receive an unprecedented increase in funding this legislative session.


Texas-area CPCs annually receive thousands of dollars from the state budget – for some, hundreds of thousands. In a mockery of accountability, the program funds are distributed to clinics by one state contractor, the anti-choice nonprofit, Texas Pregnancy Care Network, rather than the Health and Human Services Commission.

Faith-based CPCs are not regulated or licensed by state health agencies.

Former Dallas Sen. John Carona's SB 257 enabled the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles to manufacture "Choose Life" license plates, with the bulk of the proceeds ($22 of the $30 sale price) going toward organizations "that promote adoption as an alternative to abortion.

From the license plate fund, 13 pregnancy resource centers received a total of $41,750 – with six of the centers already benefiting from Alternatives to Abortion taxpayer dollars – according to records obtained from the attorney general's office.

The Gladney Center for Adoption netted the largest sum; its former regional coordinator, Judy Canon, sits on the Choose Life committee.


http://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2015-04-17/millions-for-propaganda-nothing-for-womens-health/
 
The bottom line: Texas flat out sucks. I was born and raised here. Texas has gone over the cliff. There is no chance of recovery, without a civil war.. Fuck the GOP and the tea partier assholes. A civil war is coming. It's just a matter of when.
 
Today’s hearing on S.B. 185 and 1819 shows where Dan Patrick’s Tea Party Senate top priorities lie: attacking immigrants and appeasing the radical Tea Party.

“It’s disheartening that in 2015, we still have to fight against the legalization of racial profiling. If S.B. 185 becomes a law, I, a former county judge and a law abiding citizen, could be stopped and asked to prove my citizenship, just because of the way I look. This is a bad bill for Texas. We urge the Texas Senate to listen to local governments, law enforcement agents, and the business community and vote no on S.B. 185.

“As if legalizing racial profiling wasn't enough, fringe factions of the Republican Party of Texas are now going after our hardworking undocumented students by trying to repeal the Texas Dream Act.

http://www.txdemocrats.org/press/te...ks-on-minority-communities-and-texas-students

hmmmmm

A computer glitch on Tuesday temporarily derailed the House's plan to pass HB 910, the "open carry" bill, as well as an estimated 125 other bills. Rep. Trey Martinez Fischer, D-San Antonio, drew attention to a report that incorrectly identified how certain *witnesses testified on the bill in committee hearings.


http://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2015-04-17/headlines/
 
And how is that working for you???

marijuana_map.0.0.png


Look at all that Republican love of freedom and capitalism....:rolleyes:

And that's just weed.....how many people do you expect you're going to stop from fucking with that stupid shit? :confused:

It's religious social conservative stupidity at it's finest....

How is what working out for me? If you mean legalizing MJ, not well. I voted in an initiative to make MJ a legal recreational drug like alcohol, but the measure lost. Next time it might win, because more and more people are seeing it as a stupid law that does far more harm than good.
 
AUSTIN, Texas — Texas would cut $3 million from programs to prevent HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases and spend that money instead on abstinence education under a contentious Republican-sponsored measure tucked into the state budget Tuesday night.
They should have Sarah Palin design their abstinence program, everyone knows how well her ideas, especially that one, work.
 
Last edited:
How is what working out for me? If you mean legalizing MJ, not well.

Actually I meant "Just say no".....that works really great right?? Totally stopped the people from using illegal drugs right??

I voted in an initiative to make MJ a legal recreational drug like alcohol, but the measure lost.

I had no Idea you were such a flaming communist.

Next time it might win, because more and more people are seeing it as a stupid law that does far more harm than good.

That's typical of conservative social police state bullshit.....like "Just say no to fucking!" and I ask once again. If "Just say no" worked so awesome for drugs as it did and the conservatives said it would (LMFAO).

What makes you think "Just say no" will stop people from fucking??:confused:

The bottom line: Texas flat out sucks. I was born and raised here. Texas has gone over the cliff. There is no chance of recovery, without a civil war.. Fuck the GOP and the tea partier assholes. A civil war is coming. It's just a matter of when.

You should move to SF, with all your "I'm the ULTIMATE VICTIM!!" bullshit you'd fit right in....
 
Last edited:
Democrat finds technical glitch in House gun bill that he opposes

Debate on a bill to legalize licensed open carry of handguns in Texas temporarily was halted Tuesday after a state lawmaker revealed a computer glitch will delay a vote until the week's end.

Martinez Fischer immediately raised a "point of order," saying the bill had a procedural problem because the state's electronic registry system inaccurately recorded the positions of witnesses who testified on the legislation in committee. House leadership and parliamentary experts eventually agreed, sending the bill back to committee.

Another bill meant to strip local governments of the right to ban hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, also was sent back to committee for the same issue. Immediately after the House adjourned, both bills again were approved by their committee members and are expected to be brought back up for debate on the floor Friday.

It is legal in Texas to openly carry rifles and shotguns. The state has banned the same practice for handguns since Reconstruction.



http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...of-POO-forces-delay-in-open-carry-6200056.php
 
Back
Top