The Crap We Watch

I refuse to watch sitcoms with their canned laughter. If something is funny, then I will laugh. I don't need some writer telling me something is funny, that's insulting my intelligence.

...

I don't like canned laughter nor over-loud mood music.

The music can be so obtrusive that I can't hear the dialogue. If that happens I change channel.
 
Watched the first episode of Blind Spot last night, not bad. Wife and I are coming up with a bet on what episode number, mysterious hot tattooed girls get it on with hunky tough guy cop....
 
Watched the first episode of Blind Spot last night, not bad. Wife and I are coming up with a bet on what episode number, mysterious hot tattooed girls get it on with hunky tough guy cop....

Then I won't tell you what happens in episode 2. ;)
 
Max - I thought this movie, although a little predictable, was fantastic. The dog, Max, was just phenomenal. The movie was vary entertaining. It was tragic in the beginning, but it was a story about War Dogs. I recommend this film to all dog lovers. Excellent.

:heart::heart::heart::heart:
 
The 'new' series of NCIS with Scot Baluka has recently started here in the UK.
It's no fun, I fear.
Mostly because some clot of a sound man often seems to thing it more important to put "music" at a level too high to hear the actors speaking.
 
The 'new' series of NCIS with Scot Baluka has recently started here in the UK.
It's no fun, I fear.
Mostly because some clot of a sound man often seems to thing it more important to put "music" at a level too high to hear the actors speaking.

I've seen that happen with movies, but never TV series. They aren't like that over here. But then I stream them from the CBS site the next day.

I like the New Orleans spin off. A lot more than the Los Angeles spin off. Although the LA spin off does have a couple of good characters...Heady being one.
 
I don't watch comedies because of the canned laughter. I think the canned laughter is an insult to one's intelligence. If something is funny, then I will laugh at it. I also don't watch reality shows. They have way too much drama for my taste.

If I watch a medical show I'm always watching for the errors as I'm a retired nurse.
 
I don't watch comedies because of the canned laughter. I think the canned laughter is an insult to one's intelligence. If something is funny, then I will laugh at it. I also don't watch reality shows. They have way too much drama for my taste.

If I watch a medical show I'm always watching for the errors as I'm a retired nurse.

Then you might like Code Black. Or maybe not.

Code Black, it's about Angels Hospital ER in Los Angeles where the ER is overwhelmed 300 times a year. The hospital is a teaching hospital. An interesting show.
 
I don't have cable or satellite. TV annoys me.

Yeah, I hate the commercials too. But you can download them from torrents without commercial interruption. Takes about 5 min. with an decent internet connection. :D
 
Last edited:
Frozen - Yeah I know. But...the story would have been only about 15 minutes without all the musical numbers. But, I'm sure the kids will like it, it is after all Disney. Watching while your drunk doesn't help much either. ;)
 
Fantastic Four - Ug...Although I made it all the way through the movie, I was less than impressed. Even with its campiness, the original was a much better movie. Although the remake, yes it was almost an exact remake, introduced some new things...the transporter to a different dimension...this movie was crap. The FX were no better than the original. The acting was actually better in the original.

Even though it is slightly entertaining, if I had known what I know now, I would have given this one a pass.
 
All right...a few new TV series everyone might be interested in.

Blindspot The pilot episode premiered a couple of weeks ago. The series started yesterday (21st). Not a bad premise. The leads are solid actors. I liked the pilot episode. Everything was solid and tight.

This one is still hanging in there. So far it's has been quite good.


Minority Report This is a continuation of the movie that started Tom Cruise. It was okay. The premise is one of the pre-cogs comes back to the city to try and help prevent some of the crimes he sees being committed. It to premiered yesterday (21st). I will be watching this one for the time being.

I gave up on this one. The movie wasn't all that good and the TV show hasn't shown that its better than the movie.

Limitless This one too is a continuation of the movie. Now the Government uses NZT to enhance its agents, until they started dying. They find someone that is immune to the side effects of NZT. He isn't, but is given an injection by the guy from the movie who is now a U.S. Senator that will keep him from dying from those side effects. I'll watch the second episode at least before I pass judgement.

Well I made it to episode 3 before calling it quits. This became way to predictable. The characters hadn't as yet been jelled and the plots were so much the same as to be boring. Guy goes into work, takes pill, saves the day with brilliant ideas that you can see coming from a mile away. I got bored.
 
Last edited:
Quantico - Looks interesting, yet kind of like 24 where the entire season is about one thing. At least that's what it is looking like. Yeah, I got that from the first episode. I don't know how long it will entertain me though.

I opted out after episode 3. It became boring and somewhat confusing with the switching back and forth to the past then to the future. I just yawned one too many times...it died a quiet death. I also didn't see an actor who would be able to be another Kiefer Sutherland to pull this one along.
 
Man From U.n.c.l.e. - This was added to Yify movies yesterday and I thought I'd give it look. I got about halfway through the thing before I just closed the browser and went to bed. To tell the truth, it was boring. None of the actors even brought their D game to the playing field. It was a total waste of time. I kept thinking how David McCallum did a much better job as Illya Kuryakin than Armie Hammer was.

I will have to admit that Henry Cavill was a little better as Napoleon Solo than Robert Vaughn. But that was about it for this 2015 mix on a TV series from the '60s.

I would say pass on this.
 
I love the Velocity channel which has several shows I really love. Some of them are Overhaulin, Garage Squad, All Girl's Garage, Fathomworks, Wheeler Dealers, South Beach Classics and Graveyard Carz.

I also like Nova and This old House.
 
I love the Velocity channel which has several shows I really love. Some of them are Overhaulin, Garage Squad, All Girl's Garage, Fathomworks, Wheeler Dealers, South Beach Classics and Graveyard Carz.

I also like Nova and This old House.

So...you're a reality show junky?
 
{Hulu & Netflix etc. is what's in} {Cable & satellite etc. is so 1999.}
 
Last edited:
{Hulu & Netflix etc. is what's in} {Cable & satellite etc. is so 1999.}

And the funny thing about that, well two funny things, is that,

1. you need the cable company internet hook up to watch anything on Hulu or Netflix and

2. Whatever is hot on Netflix or Hulu always seems to be what's being shown on cable or satellite.
 
The Monuments Men - this was released back in 2014. I watched back then and now again just today. It's still a good movie. A group of men, lead by George Clooney, search for the art Hitler stole during World War II. I really enjoyed this film. It was loosely based on the non-fiction book The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History by Robert M. Edsel with Bret Witter.

I would watch this one again and if you haven't seen it I would recommend it.
 
Last edited:
Agent X - Well, what can I say...unique concept, but just can't quite pull it off. Anyway, Sharon Stone stars as the Vice President of the United States. She comes to find out that she is the conservator of the original copy of the constitution of the US. She finds that Article II has a Section 5 on the original. All other copies of the constitution only have 4 section in Article II.

Anyway, she has a secret agent working for her that she can deploy to fix things. No one else in the government know about this guy. Highly trained, he kicks ass when needed.

I watched the pilot, didn't watch the second episode. That should tell you something.
 
Ant-Man - Another of the Marvel / Almost Avenger episodes. It stars Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas and Evangeline Lilly. There is a little more than a cameo by Anthony Mackie - Falcon from Captain America Winter Soldier. I did watch the entire movie, it kept me entertained, but...as I have never read the comics, the movie left me a little flat. It was an okay movie, yet a little unbelievable. If you liked the Ant-Man comics you will probably enjoy the movie.
 
American Ultra - It was funny, in spots. Really, really stupid movie, but hey, I watched it through to the end. Of course that might not be saying much.
 
Back
Top