Total Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theaters in Glendale, California can show horror films only on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.
 
According to Mississippi laws, there’s no such thing as a female Peeping Tom.

Good to know! ;)
 
The largest galaxies contain up to 400 billion stars.

The Universe contains over 100 billion galaxies
 
A tsunami is a series of great sea waves caused by an underwater earthquake, landslide, or volcanic eruption. More rarely, a tsunami can be generated by a giant meteor impact with the ocean.

Scientists have found traces of an asteroid-collision event that they say would have created a giant tsunami that swept around the Earth several times, inundating everything except the mountains 3.5 billion years ago. The coastline of the continents was changed drastically and almost all life on land was exterminated.
 
Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.

So... I should eat celery, right?
 
Ah, the Bristish keyboard... the # pound is the octopus... I mean octotroph.

An octopus has three hearts. Two hearts to pump blood through each of its two gills, and a third one to pump blood through its body.

Just something to add to the conversation. :)
 
An octopus has three hearts. Two hearts to pump blood through each of its two gills, and a third one to pump blood through its body.

What mental powers do they have?
Recently there has been a new ripple of interest in their psychology after researchers at Naples found evidence that one octopus was capable of learning by watching what another octopus did. "Observational learning" was thought to be evidence of intelligence and restricted to the "higher" mammals and birds.
 
What mental powers do they have?
Recently there has been a new ripple of interest in their psychology after researchers at Naples found evidence that one octopus was capable of learning by watching what another octopus did. "Observational learning" was thought to be evidence of intelligence and restricted to the "higher" mammals and birds.
The Pacific Giant Octopus, the largest octopus in the world, grows from the size of pea to a 150 pound behemoth potentially 30 feet across in only two years, its entire life-span.
 
Octopus arms are so flexible that they have an enormous number of degrees of freedom, compared with our restrictive elbow and wrist arrangement.

Israeli scientists trying to work out how the octopus manages to keep control of so many flexible limbs think they have the answer.

The octopus, it seems, has some of its intelligence actually inside in its arms.
"There appears to be an underlying motor program... which does not require continuous central control," the researchers write.

Each arm is controlled by an elaborate nervous system consisting of around 50 million neurons.

An interesting topic Stryder, thank you :rose:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top