Chain story, anyone?

MistressJett said:
Good luck with the story and feel better soon, hon. *hugs*

Thanks. A virtual hug is appreciated.

A real life one would be infectious.

Og
 
MistressJett said:
Quick question - would it be ok for me to submit a story in 2 parts for the chain? If so, how should I title it and when should I submit the second part?
i vote yes. Just title it chapters 1 and 2, and submit the second part when ready.
 
Heracles is slipping.

The Gods keep interfering with the Muses who are giggling too much to help...

Og
 
oggbashan said:
Heracles is slipping.

The Gods keep interfering with the Muses who are giggling too much to help...

Og
That sounds pretty typical.
 
Heracles and Omphale, version 4, should be finished tomorrow with some help from Zeus and hindrance from Hera.

Pan has yet to make his cameo appearance.

Og
 
Heracles and Omphale

My contribution to this epic has just been submitted. Apologies for the delay. The Muses were being coy.

Heracles and Omphale should be posted soon...

Now for some earthy stories.

Og
 
MistressJett said:
*claps* Congrats! :)
The conclusion of Hestia's tale finally posted, and both are being shredded by trolls.

I've read and 5-bombed both. Unfortunately I'm outnumbered by them damn trolls. I'm going to drive a heavy tank over their bridge.

Og

PS. How many parts of this chain have now been submitted?
 
oggbashan said:
PS. How many parts of this chain have now been submitted?
Yours should be the next one up.

Mine has been submitted three times, and has just disappeared from my pending list. i gave up.
 
I think three of us, Og... mine, Jett's, and yours... and Entitled's disappearing entry :confused:
 
That vanishing entry has me worried.

I've checked. Mine is still pending but with no views yet.

I have saved it on the hard disks of two computers in two buildings a mile apart AND on a floppy. Even a fire or lightning strike won't kill it.

I can't lose my stories. Even those I saved on to 5.25 360k floppies were still readable 20 years later. I had transferred them to each replacement computer from IBM XT through 286, 386, 486, Pentium 1 etc. The originals were still intact on the ancient media. If not, I have filed printouts...

Og
 
It hasn't happened to anybody else that i know of, and has only happened to me with that particular story. The problem i see with it is the fact that it's the one that's supposed to have the schedule and such for the chain story attached.
 
My chain story entry is still pending.

A story (rejected for wrong format - should have been poetry) that I wanted to delete, vanished within hours.

Heracles is just sitting there, pending, with no views.

I might have to ask 'The Question' but I know the answer.

Og
 
I'm working on finishing up Orpheus and Eurydice... I don't think there's anyone else waiting to submit?
 
SelenaKittyn said:
I'm working on finishing up Orpheus and Eurydice... I don't think there's anyone else waiting to submit?

My story of Medea and Jason and the Golden Fleece is still unfinished. :D I have had problems with my computer and other problems but should get it done by this weekend. :)

I'm not sure; do I just submit it or do I run it through Ent first? :confused:
 
Heracles and Omphale

My contribution is posted.

Heracles and Omphale

My major source was Robert Graves' Greek Myths (the complete version) and I don't think that anything in the story is improbable given the myth as detailed in the source.

Og
 
Ouch!

Heracles and Omphale joins the other low-rated stories. It is currently in the mid 3.5s with only a few votes.

Back to the WP.

Og
 
Back
Top