*♡*♡* What Makes Your Heart Sing? *♡*♡*

My youngest daughter, my little bird.

Her best school mate was being 'abominably used' by her step-father, and shared that difficult news with my daughter, who then shared it with me. Authorities were informed, arrests made, and bff is now safely in foster care.

The girls were gifted with treats and 'best friends' necklaces by their teachers. Yesterday my daughter was awarded Student of the Month and presented with a certificate and a letter from her teacher, praising her for her kindness and compassion in times of need.

She's only in third grade, but this is who she is, and who she's always been. I didn't make her that way, but i am so very proud to be her mom. :heart:

:rose::heart::rose::heart::rose::heart:
 
My grandkids, especially when it's time for them to go back home. Hahahahaha. J/K, or am I? :devil:
 
Puppy breath... ok puppies in general
The sound of the ocean rolling in while snoozing
Knowing I'm his priority
Laughter with great company
 
Lots of little things, but for now I'll say Friday nights making it to the dock for a beer at sunset.
 
My 15yo son, in the bathroom. Shaving and singing opera. 😍

That is amazing Honey. <3

Three weeks ago I sat down and had a conversation with my mom in which I explained me. I told her I wasnt looking for approval, but that I've come to understand that her being proud of me is a big important thing to me. I needed her to know me me, not some half truth. She took a while to process (3 hours or so) and came out and handed me three things: a teddy bear, a thing of colored pencils and a coloring book revolving around faith ... all of which she had already had for me.... she said she now understood and for the first time I truly make sense. she then looked me straight in the face and said she was proud of me.
Acceptance makes my heart sing.


Being able to really be there for my son makes my heart sing. The trust that he placed in me to actually have those hard conversations makes my heart sing.


So... to be able to be openly who I am, and have my family know, understand, and accept me is amazing. It has taken a huge part of the weight off of me.


Having faith, trust, and respect makes my heart sing.
 
Last edited:
A (prickly)birthday hug from elli. :cathappy:

She doesn't like hugs, but i do, so that's what she gives me every year. 🖤🖤🖤
 
'Good morning beautiful!' from the Red Rigger every day since we met. :eek::rose:

Okay, it's only been a week, but still. :p
 

Thinking of this....


source.gif
 
Back
Top