How to Get Rid of Your Gag Reflex--Deep Throating 101

SashaGaga999

Really Experienced
How to Control Your Gag Reflex--Deep Throating 101

One of the sexual things I've done that I'm most proud of is getting rid of my gag reflex. I mentioned this in a few of my posts here on Lit, and I have gotten a few messages from some of the other ladies (and a couple guys) asking exactly how to do it, so I decided to make a little how-to.

In high school, I got the chance to hook up with a guy I had wanted to get with for a really long time. We snuck off to a bedroom alone and started fooling around. After I started sucking his dick, he told me he wanted to go down "all the way." Now, this guy ended up having one of the biggest dicks I've ever seen, even 10 years later, but I didn't know that it was larger than average at the time. I tried a few times to get it down my throat, but just couldn't, kept choking, gagging, etc. I just couldn't swallow a dick that big all the way. I finished sucking him off, and he acted like he was into it, but I heard from one of my girlfriends that he was going around school saying that I didn't know how to give a good blowjob, which I wasn't going to stand for.

So over the course of about a month and a half, I practiced and practiced every day, and figured out how to control my gag reflex.

Essentially I just put something down my throat and held it there as long as I could, figuring out what muscles I had to focus on to keep from gagging. I tried a few different things, including a carrot, my vibrator and a bottle of hair gel, but really the best thing I found was one of the most obvious: bananas.

Peeled bananas work best for several reasons. First, the texture of a banana is much closer to the feeling of a real guys' dick than a carrot or a vibrator, and a banana can show you when your teeth have mistakenly gotten into the mix, which a plastic vibrator can't. Bananas are also curved, like most guys' dicks. And finally, possibly most important: they come in lots of different shapes and sizes.

I started with shorter, thinner bananas, and just worked my way up to long, thick ones.

When i first started i did this in a mirror, because watching yourself also helps you get better control.

1) Start with your peeled banana, and open your mouth as wide as possible.

If you want you can just lick/suck the banana for a few seconds to get it slippery. Not essential though.

2) Just ease the banana down towards your throat slowly, and if you start to gag, just pull it out and try again. But pay attention to what it actually FEELS like when you gag--don't just try and ignore the sensation. You want to know what muscles you need to think about.

Try and relax your neck/throat as much as possible.

Use a little bit of an in-out rhythm, maybe on a count of two seconds, so its IN (1 second) out (2nd second).

After a few days of practice, you'll find you can actually begin to hold back or at least delay when you gag, and you'll be able to push it past your uvula/tonsils. If you haven't done it, having something pressing against the very back of your throat DOES feel strange, and may make you gag again, but just keep fighting it.

3) Keep this up, and you'll find after a week or two that you can put the banana farther and farther down and pull it back out with less and less gagging.

4) After you can stand the feeling of the banana just going down past your tonsils, what you need to do is start pushing it in and holding it down there. Basically you want to practice just having something that big in your mouth/throat for a long period of time. Remember, you aren't getting RID of your gag reflex, you're learning to control it, to hold it back.

Take the banana and ease it all the way in, but instead of pulling it out, see how long you can leave it there. The first couple times it will be a strange sight to see a banana almost disappear completely down your throat, then reappear again, but it is definitely worth it...

After about a month of practice like this, I could just sit for a minute or more with almost the entire banana down my throat.

ALSO: I went through a period where I could get the banana really far down my throat, but my gag reflex just kept "firing." What I did was just shove the banana down and let my throat contract, contract, contract, but left the banana in. This was REALLY helpful in gaining full control over the muscles down there. Again, you want to feel what's contracting, so you can learn how to hold it back.

5) After you can do step 4 easily, start working on bigger bananas. It is up to you if you want to try and increase the girth/length (or both...) that you put down--either one will help you when you're in the heat of it...

Just keep practicing/increasing the size as big as you can/care to.

6) Practice on some real dicks.

So, there it is, simple, straightforward, but apparently not a lot of people think to do this. Now I can deep throat a 9 inch cock with no problems, much to the glee of whomever is on the receiving end. For some reason guys just like seeing a girl's lips all the way down at the base of their dick...

Hope this was helpful! If anyone else has any other tips/anecdotes, please feel free to share! Happy deep throating!

Last edited:
I'm a big proponent of community volunteerism and education, so when you open your school I will step up as a model for you to demonstrate that technique on.

just want to add that there is a possible choking hazard when using peeled bananas because a piece can break off and get lodged in the throat. might help to put a condom on it first to prevent that.

just want to add that there is a possible choking hazard when using peeled bananas because a piece can break off and get lodged in the throat. might help to put a condom on it first to prevent that.

I was totally thinking this would make a perfect scenario for a Darwin Award for the same reason. :D

I'll agree with the whole fear of choking from the banana breaking off while down your throat...I've always been amazed at you women and your cock swallowing abilities. My wife is so good at it that it is criminal that she doesn't do it more often...just not her thing. One day just for the fun of it we each got a banana and saw how much we could swallow. I looked pretty stupid gagging on three inches when she had the entire thing down her throat

For some reason guys just like seeing a girl's lips all the way down at the base of their dick...

I'll slightly disagree with this statement. Yes, guys are visual creatures and love seeing your lips wrapped around our base. But we love more the feeling of all of our cocks in your mouth. It is just like when we have sex. I'd rather have all of me inside my wife's pussy than just the first half. I'd imagine that it is the same for her too.

This is fabulous - thank you for sharing!

Do you mind if I share further?

A good girlfriend is getting married and her bachelorette is coming up - I'm thinking this would be a fabulous activity before we get too tipsy - or who knows, maybe we'd do better after...

What says "happy wedding" better than a bunch of bananas and Marc Jacobs condoms??? ;)

Blow Him Away ...

Is a book I am currently reading. I forget the author's name, but she is a Speech Pathologist who has applied speech therapy exercises to training your mouth, tongue, and throat to give better head. Fascinating read, easy exercises ... For deep-throating, I would suggest taking a "baseline" test so you can chart your progress. Hubby has been all about the progress tests! Another deepthroat tip from the book, is it lay with your head hanging off the bed - this creates a straight line from your lips to down your throat, and elongated the straight entrance. Of course, I am still working on the beginner exercises, but man is it fun ;)

Is a book I am currently reading. I forget the author's name, but she is a Speech Pathologist who has applied speech therapy exercises to training your mouth, tongue, and throat to give better head. Fascinating read, easy exercises ... For deep-throating, I would suggest taking a "baseline" test so you can chart your progress. Hubby has been all about the progress tests! Another deepthroat tip from the book, is it lay with your head hanging off the bed - this creates a straight line from your lips to down your throat, and elongated the straight entrance. Of course, I am still working on the beginner exercises, but man is it fun ;)

Marcy Michaels-- fantastic book.

Laying with my head off the bed is something I've used plenty--opens up your throat really easily, and guys LOVE being able to watch their dick pushing up your throat as it goes down. Also gives the guy easy access to/view of your boobs.... ;)

Last edited:
Laying with my head of the bed is something I've used plenty--opens up your throat really easily, and guys LOVE being able to watch their dick pushing up your throat as it goes down. Also gives the guy easy access to/view of your boobs.... ;)

Two for two. :D

For the sake of mankind

I will risk my body and soul to help all who need to practice!

I second the head hanging off the edge of the bed. For me, it makes it a lot more comfortable and easier to do. Come to think of it. I don't gag much at all now unless the beloved just hits a certain spot and catches me off guard.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to worry about choking on a banana, that is, unless you use your trachea and not your esophagus when deep throating.

Did you ever go back to the guy after you spent all that time and effort?

Hiii. Was this directed to me?

I did end up getting another chance to show him what I could do. At another party, he asked me if I wanted to go get stoned in his car (2002 BMW M3...), which I did. We headed out and got baked and afterwards we just started fooling around and I took his dick out. I started going down on him, and he was like "Sash, you totally don't have to deepthroat me..."

But I didn't even look up at him, just took a deep breath and pushed all the way down to the base of his dick. Was intense and exhilerating doing it the first time.

I remember Wasn't sure if I could handle such a big dick blowing in my mouth the first time, so I just let him cum on my boobs, which he totally dug. I still had my shirt on when he told me he was ready to cum, so I quickly just sat up and pulled off my shirt and was like "wait wait, cum here, cum on these."

We ended up hooking up for a couple months after that. Good times in high school.

Hiii. Was this directed to me?

I did end up getting another chance to show him what I could do. At another party, he asked me if I wanted to go get stoned in his car (2002 BMW M3...), which I did. We headed out and got baked and afterwards we just started fooling around and I took his dick out. I started going down on him, and he was like "Sash, you totally don't have to deepthroat me..."

But I didn't even look up at him, just took a deep breath and pushed all the way down to the base of his dick. Was intense and exhilerating doing it the first time.

I remember Wasn't sure if I could handle such a big dick blowing in my mouth the first time, so I just let him cum on my boobs, which he totally dug. I still had my shirt on when he told me he was ready to cum, so I quickly just sat up and pulled off my shirt and was like "wait wait, cum here, cum on these."

We ended up hooking up for a couple months after that. Good times in high school.
Glad it worked out for you.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to worry about choking on a banana, that is, unless you use your trachea and not your esophagus when deep throating.

I don't think anyone here has the fear of aspiration pneumonia. The concern is that, unlike the king cobra, humans don't really experience peristalsis until lower in the digestive tract. A dry swallow is possible, but may be difficult with any significant obstruction. When food gets stuck near the epiglottis, the trachea temporarily closes.. and there's the problem.. it's that whole breathing thing while trying to swallow..

you're welcome. no extra charge.

I don't think anyone here has the fear of aspiration pneumonia. The concern is that, unlike the king cobra, humans don't really experience peristalsis until lower in the digestive tract. A dry swallow is possible, but may be difficult with any significant obstruction. When food gets stuck near the epiglottis, the trachea temporarily closes.. and there's the problem.. it's that whole breathing thing while trying to swallow..

you're welcome. no extra charge.

I stand corrected.

Back