What's for dinner?

Last nite it was Ribs, glorious ribs. Barbecued. Very slowly, with rice and BBQed corn, zucchini and peppers and some really nice Australian Shiraz from the Barossa Valley. This morning for breakfast, ribs and bacon with fried eggs, chipped potatoes and lots of coffee. Early. Had an old friend staying the nite so we talked to late

Last nite it was Ribs, glorious ribs. Barbecued. Very slowly, with rice and BBQed corn, zucchini and peppers and some really nice Australian Shiraz from the Barossa Valley. This morning for breakfast, ribs and bacon with fried eggs, chipped potatoes and lots of coffee. Early. Had an old friend staying the nite so we talked to late

Wow that's one hell of a banquet! What kind of seasoning and barbecue sauce did you use on the ribs?

I've had to take hydrocodone (opiate) for pain so dinner is necessarily lentil-cabbage soup. You can figure out why. ;(

I've had to take hydrocodone (opiate) for pain so dinner is necessarily lentil-cabbage soup. You can figure out why. ;(

Actually, no, but given the soup you are suffering, you have my sympathy.

I had chicken casserole

Hypoxia said:
You can figure out why. ;(
Actually, no, but given the soup you are suffering, you have my sympathy.
Oh, it's quite tasty soup. The why: opiates are constipating.

I had chicken casserole
Go ahead, torture me. ;(

I've rarely seen the word 'casserole' in recent years. Seems to have fallen off the culinary radar in my vicinity. My son-in-law is a former celebrity chef. I've never heard him speak the word. I'll ask him about than next week.

Casseroles may return. Gourmet chicken-pot pies now abound, so cassies can't be far behind, preferably dusted with truffles and cannabis.

Last night, we got the big platter out and put meats and cheese, pira chips and hummus, oranges and strawberries and grapes, pickles and peperoncini (sp?), olives and tomatoes... it was great for movie night.

Tonight I am debating between chicken tacos and steak with baked potatoes. :eek:

Dollie

I've worked so hard on Lit I'm just fixing some frozen corn dogs and whatever I see in the fridge.

Oh, it's quite tasty soup. The why: opiates are constipating.

Go ahead, torture me. ;(

I've rarely seen the word 'casserole' in recent years. Seems to have fallen off the culinary radar in my vicinity. My son-in-law is a former celebrity chef. I've never heard him speak the word. I'll ask him about than next week.

Casseroles may return. Gourmet chicken-pot pies now abound, so cassies can't be far behind, preferably dusted with truffles and cannabis.

I make casseroles, rice casserole and eggplant casserole are staples at any holiday for my family.

Easy fix. Take some stool softener (I remember seeing that in Bad Santa) and then snort some cocaine to balance out the opiates or, actually, just snort some baby laxatives. Better, just take laxatives, don't snort them. Now you can eat whatever you want.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. In fact, I should probably never give medical advice to anyone--ever.

Don't .... lol. Speaking of snorting there went my coffee. I'm going to need nasal relining at this rate.

Some spicy no brand BBQ sauce out of the bottle with some extra hoi sin sauce and maple syrup.

1. Maple syrup, wow I've never heard of that before, the artificial stuff or the good stuff?

2. I've used honey though. I first used steak and rub let that sit on the ribs for 24 hours then I used a tequila based barque sauce and added the honey and then I let it sit for like 12 more hours.

Tonight was chicken breasts, pounded and marinated in a honey teriyaki sauce then grilled. Also, green beans and sweet potato with butter and cinnamon.

I had steak and corn, I just had to take out the grill one last time before the dead of winter.

Back