Just venting: submission is taking WAY too long to clear (again)

Joined
Jun 24, 2015
Posts
9
I submitted on Monday 8/8. Right now, Saturday afternoon (for me) it's not even in moderation yet. I'm trying to do a weekly series here, posting for free a book that has sold very well on its own by now. I've got a few thousand readers who would like to have a fixed point in time when they can get their weekly fix, but it is taking bloody ages again for the submission to be approved.
 
I submitted on Monday 8/8. Right now, Saturday afternoon (for me) it's not even in moderation yet. I'm trying to do a weekly series here, posting for free a book that has sold very well on its own by now. I've got a few thousand readers who would like to have a fixed point in time when they can get their weekly fix, but it is taking bloody ages again for the submission to be approved.

Maybe you're not paying the moderator enough?

I hate the delays too, but bottom line, you're using a free service and your expectations for timeliness should be nonexistent. Use another site, or put up your own website - any tiny little computer tied to the internet can do this and the total cost is a few pennies of electricity a year, plus owning a url that will track to your computer; not very expensive overall.
 
I haven't had this problem. I think the first two stories I posted went up in three days. The third was postponed long enough for me to change my mind and pull it down. Since then Laurel hasn't taken more than two days to process any story.

I've also never posted to Novels and Novellas. Does she back-burner stories in that category? Have you given her a reason in the past to review your stories more carefully than others?
 
I think Laurel and Manu are on vacation. A lot of people complaining about her not replying to PMs.
 
It's all part of the game at Literotica. A "weekly" chapter release schedule becomes "weekly-ish or whenever".

Once the whole story is up it no longer matters anyway.
 
Back
Top