What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
STFU.....about the fucking source and DROP DEAD


Betsy McCaughey has an absolutely scathing column on ObamaCare’s many failures and shortcomings, many of which you probably already know. But she saves the real kicker for the end:


All in all, at least 40 million people could be uninsured in 2016, only 9 million fewer than before the law was passed.




A trillion dollars over ten years, usurping the doctor’s role in determining care, jacking up insurance rates to ruinous levels, bankrupting the 57 states, rationing, death panels, and all the rest — in order to solve the 30 billion dollar problem of 49 million uninsured. And of those, 40 million still might not get covered?

It all makes sense when you remember that ObamaCare was never about providing coverage. It was about assuming control.

And, man, did they ever.
 


Whipped into a frenzied mob by demagogues, the economic illiterates haven't figured out that the only thing that's been accomplished by all the new regulation is that the government has created oligopolies in several industries.


The burden of regulation has become so immense that it has effectively cemented the existing large businesses as competitively advantaged because they are the only ones with the ability and wherewithal to comply (and thus remain in the business).



 
Last edited:
maybe they can send unemployed peeps to a Holiday Inn

and they can ALL become doctors!!!!

why not?

A Kenyan became President:)


Great news! Under Obamacare, everyone can be a doctor



*glove snap* ”NEXT!!!”


The Coming Crisis in Patient Access to Physicians

The reason is Obamacare, of course, and the problem will be faced by almost every state in the union. For big states like California, the situation threatens to be so bad, people may be forced to go out of state for medical care.

From the Los Angeles Times:



Some lawmakers want to fill the gap by redefining who can provide healthcare.


They are working on proposals that would allow physician assistants to treat more patients and nurse practitioners to set up independent practices. Pharmacists and optometrists could act as primary care providers, diagnosing and managing some chronic illnesses, such as diabetes and high-blood pressure.

“We’re going to be mandating that every single person in this state have insurance,” said state Sen. Ed Hernandez (D-West Covina), chairman of the Senate Health Committee and leader of the effort to expand professional boundaries. “What good is it if they are going to have a health insurance card but no access to doctors?”

Hernandez’s proposed changes, which would dramatically shake up the medical establishment in California, have set off a turf war with physicians that could contribute to the success or failure of the federal Affordable Care Act in California.

Doctors say giving non-physicians more authority and autonomy could jeopardize patient safety. It could also drive up costs, because those workers, who have less medical education and training, tend to order more tests and prescribe more antibiotics, they said.

“Patient safety should always trump access concerns,” said Dr. Paul Phinney, president of the California Medical Assn.
 
That is the subject, ass hog.

No, you're lying once again.

You whined like the pitiful bitch you are that part-timers who never had any insurance still don't have any insurance, and insinuated that was somehow Obama's fault.

When Merc made you look stupid by pointing out that they never had insurance in the first place, rather than be a man and own up to your error, you showed us once again how little personal honor that Vietnam-era Marines have and attempted to change the subject.
 
That is the subject, ass hog.


what I find interesting is how aggressive the obama is against others. IE the asshole's in team obama called and still call Romney a felon. Yet, Romney has never been charged with a crime.

This simple example, shows how dangerous team obama is and how ignorant those like Rob and other democrats are.
 
Romney's a felon? Why do I not remember that being anything close to an official part of the dance card? Did it last as long as Obama's not American or Obama's friends with terrorists?
 
Romney's a felon? Why do I not remember that being anything close to an official part of the dance card? Did it last as long as Obama's not American or Obama's friends with terrorists?

Here's the Jennifer Epstein quote:

Mitt Romney either lied in federal filings that show he worked at Bain Capital through 2002 and could be guilty of a felony, or has lied to the American people in saying he left the company in 1999, the Obama campaign is arguing in light of news reports on the firm’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter laid out the issue as the Obama team sees it: “Either Mitt Romney, through his own words and his own signature, was misrepresenting his position at Bain to the SEC, which is a felony."

"Or," she said, "he was misrepresenting his position at Bain to the American people to avoid responsibility for some of the consequences of his investments,” including layoffs and the outsourcing of jobs.

And of course she correctly knew that Romney was a liar the whole time and not a felon. Wussy ass Republicans pulled their persecution card though and said their man was being called a criminal. Republicans such as Vette, AJ, and Jen lached onto the mantra that Romney was being called a felon which is literally impossible since he was merely lying about his exit date from Bain.

If Romey would have been telling the truth then it would have meant he was committing a felony
 
the obama loves you


http://worldtruth.tv/the-radiation-warnings-you-wont-get-from-the-mainstream-propaganda-machine-3/


fukushima_radiation_map-650x4301.jpg
 
When did Obama get put in charge of Japan's power plants and when was he given the power to cause earthquakes?
 
No, you're lying once again.

You whined like the pitiful bitch you are that part-timers who never had any insurance still don't have any insurance, and insinuated that was somehow Obama's fault.

When Merc made you look stupid by pointing out that they never had insurance in the first place, rather than be a man and own up to your error, you showed us once again how little personal honor that Vietnam-era Marines have and attempted to change the subject.

He's confused as to which subject we're talking about. He lost both debates badly though so it doesn't really matter.
 
Report: American Taxpayers Shelled Out $2.2 Billion On Obama Phones In 2012, As Many As 41% Could Be Fraudulently Claiming Eligibility…




Government welfare rife with fraud and abuse? Shocker.

Via WSJ:


The U.S. government spent about $2.2 billion last year to provide phones to low-income Americans, but a Wall Street Journal review of the program shows that a large number of those who received the phones haven’t proved they are eligible to receive them.

The Lifeline program—begun in 1984 to ensure that poor people aren’t cut off from jobs, families and emergency services—is funded by charges that appear on the monthly bills of every landline and wireless-phone customer. Payouts under the program have shot up from $819 million in 2008, as more wireless carriers have persuaded regulators to let them offer the service.

A review of five top recipients of Lifeline support conducted by the FCC for the Journal showed that 41% of their more than six million subscribers either couldn’t demonstrate their eligibility or didn’t respond to requests for certification. [...]

The program is open to people who meet federal poverty guidelines or are on food stamps, Medicaid or other assistance programs, and only one Lifeline subscriber is allowed per household.
 
STATE OF THE UNION PROMISES: Obama ’09: Stimulus Will Lift 2 Million Out of Poverty; Today: 2.6 Million More in Poverty.
 
I forget, are we supposed to cheer because stupid Americans are afraid of Obama? I guess if this stimulates the economy perhaps we should frighten the local morons every couple of years.
 
WhoSane Obama is a FUCKING LYING SCUMBAG



FACT CHECK: Overreaching in State of Union speech
By CALVIN WOODWARD | Associated Press – 6 hrs ago...
.

.


WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama did some cherry-picking Tuesday night in defense of his record on jobs and laid out a conditional path to citizenship for illegal immigrants that may be less onerous than he made it sound.

A look at some of the claims in his State of the Union speech, a glance at the Republican counterargument and how they fit with the facts:

OBAMA: "After years of grueling recession, our businesses have created over 6 million new jobs."

THE FACTS: That's in the ballpark, as far as it goes. But Obama starts his count not when he took office, but from the point in his first term when job losses were the highest. In doing so, he ignores the 5 million or so jobs that were lost on his watch, up to that point.

Private sector jobs have grown by 6.1 million since February 2010. But since he became president, the gain is a more modest 1.9 million.

And when losses in public sector employment are added to the mix, his overall jobs record is a gain of 1.2 million.

___

OBAMA: "We have doubled the distance our cars will go on a gallon of gas."

THE FACTS: Not so fast.

That's expected to happen in 12 more years.

Under a deal the Obama administration reached with automakers in 2011, vehicles will have a corporate average fuel economy of 54.5 miles per gallon by 2025, twice the 27 miles per gallon, on average, that cars and trucks get today. Automobile manufacturers won't start making changes to achieve the new fuel economy standards until model year 2017. Not all cars will double their gas mileage, since the standard is based on an average of a manufacturers' fleet.

___

OBAMA: "Already the Affordable Care Act is helping to reduce the growth of health care costs."

THE FACTS: The jury is still out on whether Obama's health care overhaul will reduce the growth of health care costs. It's true that cost increases have eased, but many experts say that's due to the sluggish economy, not to the health care law, whose main provisions are not yet fully in effect.

___

OBAMA: "Real reform means establishing a responsible pathway to earned citizenship — a path that includes passing a background check, paying taxes and a meaningful penalty, learning English and going to the back of the line behind the folks trying to come here legally."

THE FACTS: The seemingly stern admonition that illegal immigrants must go to the back of the line, often heard from the president, doesn't appear to have much practical effect except in the most obvious sense. Everyone who joins a line, whether for a movie, a coffee or citizenship, starts at the back of that particular line. It's not clear he is saying anything more than that illegal immigrants won't get to cut in line for citizenship once they've obtained provisional legal status.

Like those living abroad who have applied to come to the U.S. legally, illegal immigrants who qualify for Obama's proposed path to citizenship will surely face long waits to be processed. But during that time, they are already in the U.S. and will get to stay, work and travel in the country under their new status as provisional immigrants, while those outside the U.S. simply have to wait.

Sending illegal immigrants to the "back of the line" is something of a distinction without a difference for some legal immigrants who dutifully followed all the rules before coming to the United States.

For instance, some legal immigrants who are in the U.S. on an employer-sponsored visa can't easily change jobs, or in some cases take a promotion, without jeopardizing their place in line to get a green card. In other cases, would-be legal immigrants in other countries wait for years to be able to settle in the U.S.

Obama is using "back of the line" somewhat figuratively, because there are multiple lines depending on the applicant's relationship with family already in the U.S. or with an employer. Generally, a foreign-born spouse of a U.S. citizen or someone with needed skills and a job offer will be accepted more quickly than many others.

But even as a figurative point, his assertion may cloak the fact that people who came to the U.S. illegally and win provisional status have the great advantage over applicants abroad of already being where they all want to go.

___

OBAMA: "Study after study shows that the sooner a child begins learning, the better he or she does down the road. ... And for poor kids who need help the most, this lack of access to preschool education can shadow them for the rest of their lives. ... Every dollar we invest in high-quality early education can save more than $7 later on — by boosting graduation rates, reducing teen pregnancy, even reducing violent crime."

THE FACTS: Dozens of studies have shown Head Start graduates are more likely to complete high school than their at-risk peers who don't participate in the program. But a study last year by the Department of Health and Human Services that found big vocabulary and social development gains for at-risk students in pre-kindergarten programs also found those effects largely faded by the time pupils reached third grade. The report didn't explain why the kids saw a drop-off in performance or predict how they would fare as they aged.

___

OBAMA: "I urge this Congress to pursue a bipartisan, market-based solution to climate change, like the one John McCain and Joe Lieberman worked on together a few years ago. But if Congress won't act soon to protect future generations, I will. I will direct my Cabinet to come up with executive actions we can take, now and in the future, to reduce pollution, prepare our communities for the consequences of climate change and speed the transition to more sustainable sources of energy."

THE FACTS: Obama failed to get a global warming bill through Congress when both Houses were controlled by Democrats in 2010. With Republicans in control of the House, the chances of a bill to limit the gases blamed for global warming and to create a market for businesses to trade pollution credits are close to zero. The Obama administration has already acted to control greenhouse gases through existing law. It has boosted fuel-efficiency standards and proposed rules to control heat-trapping emissions from new power plants. And while there are still other ways to address climate change without Congress, it's questionable regulation alone can achieve the reductions needed to start curbing global warming.

___

FLORIDA SEN. MARCO RUBIO, in the Republican response: "The real cause of our debt is that our government has been spending $1 trillion more than it takes in every year. That's why we need a balanced-budget amendment."

THE FACTS: That statement may reflect the math behind recent debt, but it doesn't get directly to the cause — the worst recession since the Depression and its aftereffects. The deficit is not only caused by spending, but by reduced tax revenues. And during the recession, revenues from both individual and corporate taxes fell markedly.

The steep increases in debt and the measures that should be taken to ease the burden are central to the debate in Washington. But there is no serious move afoot to amend the Constitution to prohibit deficit spending.

The ability to take on debt has been used by governments worldwide and through U.S. history to shelter people from the ravages of a down economy, wage war and achieve many other ends. An effort to amend the Constitution for any purpose faces daunting odds; this would be no exception. Most state constitutions demand a balanced budget, but states lack some big obligations of the federal government, including national defense. And Washington's ability to go deeper into debt provides states with at least a minimal safety net in times of high unemployment.

___

Associated Press writers Tom Raum, Dina Cappiello, Andrew Taylor, Christopher S. Rugaber, Ricardo Alonso-Zaldivar, Alicia A. Caldwell and Philip Elliott contributed to this report.

EDITOR'S NOTE _ An occasional look at political claims that take shortcuts with the facts or don't tell the full story.
.. . .

.
 
Obama Says Sequester A “Really Bad Idea” Hours After Carney Admitted It Was Obama’s Plan…




From Obama’s speech last night:


In 2011, Congress passed a law saying that if both parties couldn’t agree on a plan to reach our deficit goal, about a trillion dollars’ worth of budget cuts would automatically go into effect this year. These sudden, harsh, arbitrary cuts would jeopardize our military readiness. They’d devastate priorities like education, energy, and medical research. They would certainly slow our recovery, and cost us hundreds of thousands of jobs. That’s why Democrats, Republicans, business leaders, and economists have already said that these cuts, known here in Washington as “the sequester,” are a really bad idea.

His spokesman earlier in the day:


JAY CARNEY: What I will concede is that we were looking and the Republicans were looking for a trigger around which to build a mechanism to get us out of default possibility and the sequester was one of the idea put forward, yes by the president’s team.
 
Sequestration cuts $100 billion from a $3,400 billion budget.


It's hard to believe the sky will fall and the zombies will rise as a result of that tiny cut.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top