Favorites numbers

dzchoquet

Virgin
Joined
May 17, 2018
Posts
21
Just had my 2nd story published and in the "Works" page, I see the number 5 next to the heart icon. But in the event log in "My Home" I see 9 occurrences of "(name) has added your story to Favorites" (for this particular story). So what do the 5 and the 9 mean. Apparently not the same thing.
 
Just had my 2nd story published and in the "Works" page, I see the number 5 next to the heart icon. But in the event log in "My Home" I see 9 occurrences of "(name) has added your story to Favorites" (for this particular story). So what do the 5 and the 9 mean. Apparently not the same thing.

The same metrics show up on different pages with different values due to varying data collection intervals.
 
People can remove your story from their favorites list. The old "Works" page used to tell you when a story was removed from a Favorites list with a broken heart icon. The new system doesn't. It only tells you when a story is added to someone's Favorites list.

So the 9 means nine people added your story as a Favorite, and the 5 means that four people removed your story from their Favorites.

But don't feel bad. A lot of people use their Favorites list as a sort of bookmark or read-it-later list. They have a lot of turnover and don't necessarily reflect favorite stories, just stories they know they want to read.
 
Back
Top