Dominion: Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Nubian Legend hasn't posted in a month. He hasn't even been to Lit in almost a week. I am getting tired of just cooling my heels. On the other hand, if he returns suddenly, I don't want to have left him in the lurch.

What is the proper protocol for this situation?

I did stop and give you both an invitation to join us in the pool (post #1491), so you leaving and doing so will not cause problems. Maybe respond to that post with a comment along the lines of ~ That sounds great, let's do that~ to him so it is still including him in the post and when he comes back he has something to respond to or pick up from.

It also does not look like you have just abandoned him, but have invited him to join you.

Last edited:
I think we have two coming poolside. Two naked girls somewhere in the mansion right in the middle of something. Two overdue for posts in general.

Our characters need to be introduced to one another on a name basis. You could set that up as a post. Same with Aussie's character.

I have to make my introductions so I should be posting the most frequent as I talk to everyone at least once.

Nubian Legend hasn't posted in a month. He hasn't even been to Lit in almost a week. I am getting tired of just cooling my heels. On the other hand, if he returns suddenly, I don't want to have left him in the lurch.

What is the proper protocol for this situation?

I checked and Nubian Legend has not been on Literotica since July 5. Elvenoff1 has done a post about William coming to look for you. I think he should post coming across you in the Grand Parlor and extricate you that way.

Does that suit everyone?

I checked and Nubian Legend has not been on Literotica since July 5. Elvenoff1 has done a post about William coming to look for you. I think he should post coming across you in the Grand Parlor and extricate you that way.

Does that suit everyone?

Suits me.

I'm just waiting for Elvenoff1/William to come find me in the Grand Parlor.

Of Floor Plans

Please remember, to help you describe the scenes you portray in our story, I have provided a
complete set of floor plans for the manor house. In a recent post, someone wrote that he and another character left the Grand Parlor "through the glass door that exited into the lawn." The floor plan shows that such a route requires a descent down a set of exterior stairs.

main.gif

I suspect the author simply skipped that detail for the sake of brevity. That is certainly fine. I just wanted to take this opportunity to remind everyone that the floor plans can help you if you want to add consistent details to your scenes.

While we are on the topic, in
my post this morning, I make reference to "the playroom under the stairs." That would be the one at the bottom of this floor plan:

basement2.gif

I picture that as the more "dungeon" sort of playroom, akin in furnishing to my virtual "
Basement Boudoir." The other playroom, to the left on the plan, I see more as a room of comfort and decadence, with huge couches and sectionals, and toys of all sorts, not just those related to BDSM.

I have debated whether I should specify and develop floor plans for the furnishing and decor of each of these playrooms. On one hand, that would help inspire consistent posting. On the other, I do not want to dampen anyone's creativity. As a compromise, as these rooms get used, I will prepare a list or graphics showing the furnishings we all describe in them. If, after a while, this becomes a hodgepodge, we can always redecorate!!!

I hope this is all helpful. Please post any comments or questions below.

Are Josephine's and the Prince's conversation loud enough to be heard by others? I wanted to respond, but wasn't sure if Malcolm would actually be able to hear.

Are Josephine's and the Prince's conversation loud enough to be heard by others? I wanted to respond, but wasn't sure if Malcolm would actually be able to hear.

As far as I'm concerned, I have no objection to you hearing and commenting on our conversation.

Role-Playing Games of Skill and Luck

Carl has proposed a game and Josephine has agreed they should play.

"Well my dear how about a classic game of Beer Pong, but with a very outrageous twist. Instead of having to just drink the contents, what you are actually playing for is a sexual favor, or a touch of a body part, you just don't know," he grinned mischievously.

"The reward would be written on the bottom of the cup and they would be mixed up and arranged just like the normal game and it would be played the same way. Your opponent would bounce the ball into the cup and if successful you would have to drink and then perform the dare."

“Beer Pong?” Josephine laughed. “Like college kids play? Carl, you do keep me young. That’s a wonderful idea!”

She looked around and saw her groundskeeper laying back on one of the chaise loungers. She called over to him. “Ian! Please fetch the table tennis equipment from the pool house. Find some Sharpie markers, too.”

This game involves both skill and luck. The skill comes from being able to hit the ping-pong ball into a cup. The luck is what task the cup then directs.

Role-Playing Games of Skill

You can role-play a game of skill in several ways. I start by assuming we do not all want to set up ping-pong tables at home, so we won’t consider actually playing and reporting the results. Alternatively, you can simply decide each time your character’s turn arrives whether she got the ball in the cup. This has the advantage of leaving you in complete control of what happens to your character.

Life, however, does not work that way. You don’t always bowl a strike (or a gutter ball), or always get your ball in the cup in Beer Pong. The simplest way to reflect imperfect performance in any skill based game is to flip a coin: heads, the ball goes in; tails, you miss. That gives everyone the same odds.

This again lacks some realism. Given their natures, Carl probably does better at Beer Pong than Josephine. He would have more practice. To reflect this, instead of a coin, you can use a die: for Carl, on a 1 through 4 the ball goes in, with 5 or 6 a miss; for Josephine, on a 1 or 2 the ball goes in, with 3 through 6 a miss.

If you have an opinion on which of these methods we should use, please respond to this post.

Role-Playing Games of Luck

In this case, Carl proposes a finite number of cups, each with some erotic command underneath. These will be placed on the ping-pong table “mixed up” so no one knows what command a particular cup represents. Again, each player could control what the cup she gets says, but this again lacks realism.

A more realistic way is to assign each cup (command) a number, starting at 1 and going up to the total number of cups, and use a random number generator to determine what cup comes into play each time.
This site has an appropriate random number generator. On the right side of the page, you will see this:

attachment.php

Let’s say our game of sexual Beer Pong involves 8 cups on each side for a total of 16. You can set this number generator for that:

attachment.php

Then you have it generate a random number in that range:

attachment.php

In this case, “7.”

I suggest we role-play the labeling of the cups, then I’ll set up a chart and a final procedure for how they get selected at random.

If anyone has any comments, refinements, or suggestions, please respond to this post.

Attachments

• Game01a1.JPG
    Game01a1.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Game01a2.JPG
    Game01a2.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Game01a3.JPG
    Game01a3.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 0
I agree with everything you have written.

Also to see who is playing against whom you may need to use the random generator.

Unfortunately at the moment we seem to have an excess of males, so it may involve the few females we do have(Josephine, Michele, Mary and Karen) playing a few times, unless Dawn decides to join in.

I agree with what Aussie wolf said, we need more females.

Oh wait, I don't think that is what I was agreeing with. The rules as you have them defined is fine.

Although perhaps you need to add a handicap to any player who think will do too well.

Also to see who is playing against whom you may need to use the random generator.

Unfortunately at the moment we seem to have an excess of males, so it may involve the few females we do have(Josephine, Michele, Mary and Karen) playing a few times, unless Dawn decides to join in.

You might find that unfortunate; I rather like it.

:D

But if you want more females in the story, then you should recruit, recruit, recruit!!!

I agree with what Aussie wolf said, we need more females.

Oh wait, I don't think that is what I was agreeing with. The rules as you have them defined is fine.

Then you should recruit, recruit, recruit!!!

I might, but first I need to finish getting my sunscreen on and get Chrissy oiled up, so to speak. By the time you get all the commands written out, the timing might just work.

I wrote this elsewhere, but thought it worth sharing here.

I don't like crude slang terms for bodily parts or actions in the narrative of a story, and only in the dialogue as such language fits the character, setting, and situation. I encourage those with whom I write to avoid such vulgar words when describing sexual organs or acts.

As a bonus, let me inform almost all of you who think otherwise that the proper spelling for a slang term for orgasm is "come" -- C-O-M-E!

"Cum" is Latin for "with."

Thank you.

Do we want to play each round separately, or do we want to play a few rounds at the same time?

I don't like crude slang terms for bodily parts or actions in the narrative of a story, and only in the dialogue as such language fits the character, setting, and situation. I encourage those with whom I write to avoid such vulgar words when describing sexual organs or acts.

As a bonus, let me inform almost all of you who think otherwise that the proper spelling for a slang term for orgasm is "come" -- C-O-M-E!

"Cum" is Latin for "with."

Thank you.

I was wondering why you had not included this in the "suggested etiquette guidelines" at the beginning of this thread. When we have roleplayed together at PanHistoria, you always made this clear. I just figured you wanted to be more inclusive of people's tastes and styles.

I was wondering why you had not included this in the "suggested etiquette guidelines" at the beginning of this thread. When we have roleplayed together at PanHistoria, you always made this clear. I just figured you wanted to be more inclusive of people's tastes and styles.

Essentially, I did not want to scare anyone off.

Not that many synonyms for penis and vagina

http://www.thesaurus.com/

Synonyms for penis

noun male sexual organ

phallus
cock
dick
pecker
peter
prick
putz
shaft
tool
johnson
manhood
schlong
willy
wood

Even less synonyms for vagina (not even anatomically correct)

noun vulva

genitalia
pudenda
clitoris
hymen
labia

Back