Why do people do that?

I got bombed by anon because I didn’t mention it was a chapter story in the author’s not.

I think a lot of these bombers don’t write so they have no inkling of the effort it takes to put a story out there. If they did it would put some brakes on.

I believe that as well. My first three chapters took a few months to get right. One large story I broke down for three parts. Making each stand on its own was a nightmare. I didn't want anyone to feel compelled to keep reading.

I've since grown up. I write, they read. If they don't like it they can move on.

Other authors here have been fair with me and the feedback has been incredible. Good or bad it's always what I needed to hear.

Writing part 5 now and the anons can get out their lotion and kleenex when I decide. Just wish there was a way to make sure their vote didn't count when they didn't get off fast enough.
 
The nitpickers get me. My most recent story, the first sentence, the word base instead of bass. (music reference) Both myself and my editor missed it. Comment '' get an editor'' ffs, were only human!

*beats face of anonymous comment terrorist*
*Goes back to writing unaffected*
 
Being on this site is like being in a creative writing course with 200,000 classmates and no teacher. Plus most of the students joined because someone gave them a flyer in the street. It's sort of fun and but weird at the same time.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Nailed it.
 
It's a sickness here with some. I have to assume that their lives are so pathetic that it gives them a feeling of authority. i don't give negative ratings, if I find a story interesting enough to read it all the way through I give it a four...I will sometimes give constructive criticism from my pov.
 
Last edited:
It's a sickness here with some. I have to assume that their lives are so pathetic that it gives them a feeling of authority. i don't give negative ratings, if I find a story interesting enough to read it all the way through I give it a four...I will sometimes give constructive criticism from my pov.

Same here. If I like it I’ll score fairly, if I don’t I just stop reading and move on. I won’t bomb somebody because I didn’t like what was written. Critiques i’ll sometimes send. Depends on how old the story is. If it’s been around for a while and the author’s already published the next part I don’t bother. Won’t change anything and they’ve probably already heard it. If it’s new I’ll send them a pm with my thoughts. If I leave a comment it’s always about what I liked. Never what I didn’t. And never will I spoil the story for others.
 
Back
Top