It is "should have" not "should of!!!!" Come on people!!!

CarnivalBarker

Literotica Guru
I love reading everyone's stories, but do you want to know the first way you can mark yourself as an illiterate that should not remotely be taken seriously? Write "should of," instead of "should have." Or mention that something "seems to of been," when it should be "seems to have been." Seriously. Nails on a chalkboard to English speakers!!!!!!

Sorry to post on the main board, but it's epidemic, and it's something that everyone needs to learn. Also sorry to nag, but I snapped, having seen it three times in four threads I was perusing.

Now, carry on.

This has been a public service announcement on behalf of the English Language.

I generally use "should oughta", thus finessing the issue.

Hear hear. It is *lit*erotica after all.
We all come for good lit. Not craigslist level garbage.

I love reading everyone's stories, but do you want to know the first way you can mark yourself as an illiterate that should not remotely be taken seriously? Write "should of," instead of "should have." Or mention that something "seems to of been," when it should be "seems to have been." Seriously. Nails on a chalkboard to English speakers!!!!!!

Sorry to post on the main board, but it's epidemic, and it's something that everyone needs to learn. Also sorry to nag, but I snapped, having seen it three times in four threads I was perusing.

Now, carry on.

Now this has seriously piqued my interest.... not peeked or peaked *CRINGE*...

Now, carry on.

Thank you! That is one of my biggest pet peeves! How do people not remember English class???

I din't know you were suppose to use quotes and multiple exclamations marks when using those words.

People "Should have!!!!" known.

What about: Should of not? Is that exceptable too right?

Now, carry on.

Since English is not my native language, I don't dare to post a whole story because of this. I feel the same when I read Spanish texts with grammar or orthography issues. I love the written word, but only when is done with accuracy.

And by the way, sorry if my English is not good enough.

I love seeing all this bickering about something that's pointless. People will write the way they want. I used to be a grammar Nazi too, but now, I just don't care because there is a language barrier among everyone.

Even if we were all taught in the same manner by the same person and the curriculum was never changed, we're going to comprehend it differently and be influenced by others 'criticism'.

So, in the meantime, shut up about this already. If it doesn't meet your standards for grammar, then don't read it and certainly don't fucking bitch about it. Easy peasy...lemon squeezy!

If you think you're perfect in how you write, great! But others are still learning and have the want to write something but they can't because you're all criticizing them like crazy.

brain_cool1a.gif

Back