What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I began investing, and watching econ data, circa 1976.

Whether Ford is president, or Carter, or Bush, the role of the individual remains the same -- to save, to invest.

I began investing, and watching econ data, circa 1976.

Whether Ford is president, or Carter, or Bush, the role of the individual remains the same -- to save, to invest.

But you never said one word about "real unemployment" before January 21st, 2009.

Curious, if you've been investing that long, that that wasn't on your radar screen before then.

Econ data doesn't hinge on Person A versus Person B.

But, as it happens, I've mentioned real unemployment many times, albeit perhaps not in this cesspool.

Most of the gains being experienced by Wall Street are a direct result of the fed's bond purchase programs. Essentially Ben Bernanke has been printing money, and it is flowing directly into the big banks and large investment houses. It's really just a shell game of corporate welfare.

There has been no real economic growth in this country in the last 15 years. Bernanke's chickens or going to come home to roost sooner are later, and there's going to be a huge stock market crash that's more than likely going to completely wreck the worlds economy.

The math matters.

Econ data doesn't hinge on Person A versus Person B.

But, as it happens, I've mentioned real unemployment many times, albeit perhaps not in this cesspool.

I'm sure you have.
:nods:

Over a dozen posts about unemployment pre-Obama here, nary a one mentions "real unemployment".

Over a dozen posts about unemployment post-Obama here, every other one fixates on "real employment".

As an "investor", would it be safe to say you see a "trend" here?

Most of the gains being experienced by Wall Street are a direct result of the fed's bond purchase programs. Essentially Ben Bernanke has been printing money, and it is flowing directly into the big banks and large investment houses. It's really just a shell game of corporate welfare.

There has been no real economic growth in this country in the last 15 years. Bernanke's chickens or going to come home to roost sooner are later, and there's going to be a huge stock market crash that's more than likely going to completely wreck the worlds economy.

The math matters.

We're doomed! DOOMED!

:rolleyes:

Yellen will be more of the same.

Great year for equity, but the real question is whether emerging is genuinely undervalued.

I'm no investment expert, but most of the world economies are being supported by central banks printing money. It seems to me that the prudent investor would diversify his holdings across a wider spectrum of investments than every before. If one truly believed the worlds economy was in as much trouble as it appears to be; traditional havens like gold, oil etc. probably aren't completely safe for the correction that's coming.

I say buy food, and shelter as an investment as those things will be the only true store of value in the coming zombie apacalypse ~tongue firmly in cheek~

I'm no investment expert, but most of the world economies are being supported by central banks printing money. It seems to me that the prudent investor would diversify his holdings across a wider spectrum of investments than every before. If one truly believed the worlds economy was in as much trouble as it appears to be; traditional havens like gold, oil etc. probably aren't completely safe for the correction that's coming.

I say buy food, and shelter as an investment as those things will be the only true store of value in the coming zombie apacalypse ~tongue firmly in cheek~

People should diversify their investments.

THAT'S BRILLIANT!!!!!

You should publish an investing newsletter or something.

Why is it that you libo-tards are not able to come up with one democrat idea on job creating?

Governments role is not to create jobs u dipshit day steamers ... government role is to keep basic systems in place and get the fuck out of the way

Aftet all people go into government to escape accountability and responsibility ... just look at obana and obana care!

The math matters.

Ud merc and the other libo-tards had it when you talk about truth and reality.

If the stimulas was shut off, obama would be an absolutely fucked!

We have hundreds of ideas to create jobs. They just get blocked by people who think it's not the government's job to create jobs. You can't complain about both Jenny.

People should diversify their investments.

THAT'S BRILLIANT!!!!!

You should publish an investing newsletter or something.

sick burn...

It appears you missed the part where I said I was no investment expert, or that the post was tongue in cheek, but it's cool though I won't be depending on you or some government handout when the lights go out.

Here's one thing I can do, math

I wouldn't know anything about investing.. I should diversify? really?

My hand-picked mix of investments has only given me a 23% ROI this year so far. :rolleyes:

reading comprehension who knew....good thing they don't give an IQ test before they let people post in these forums...

I wouldn't know anything about investing.. I should diversify? really?

My hand-picked mix of investments has only given me a 23% ROI this year so far. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't really brag about a 23% return, with the way helicopter Ben is dropping money on Wall Street these days. Any moron can pick investments in this market.

Now if you market pros can tell me when the fed is going to turn off the spigot and the exact time to pull my money out, I'll be impressed...otherwise meh

I wouldn't really brag about a 23% return, with the way helicopter Ben is dropping money on Wall Street these days. Any moron can pick investments in this market.

Now if you market pros can tell me when the fed is going to turn off the spigot and the exact time to pull my money out, I'll be impressed...otherwise meh

Pulling your money out then would be kinda dumb.

"Market Timing" has been the Holy Grail throughout history.

Since time immemorial, only one person has ever been able to time the market perfectly. Luckily for you, he posts here under the userid of 4est_Gump.

You might also ask him how he simultaneously invests 100% of his portfolio in stocks and 100% of his portfolio in precious metals (and Glenn Beck's "Freedom Seeds"). It's a rather complicated explanation.

S&P500 index 24% YTD.

Still, that is fine (well beyond the ravages of now-muted inflation).

There will always be a Lynch or Rogers who does better (plenty b chip funds up 30%), but investing isn't a contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back