Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this one other woman that I smiled at as I was leaving one night. When she smiled back her smile got brighter the more mine did. I figured I would tease with a smile now, and say hello the next time I saw her. That took six months and she was wearing a ring on her finger...

OK, you can recognise crazy women and avoid them - that's good!

I didn't mean you'd been in a fight, LOL, I was just wondering if there are women who also go to see the World Series fights that you mentioned a few posts back. I got an impression that it was a guy thing.

I think women at the gym are focussed on getting fit. I don't know why, I've never found the gym a good cruising ground, whereas the rugby team was rife with it! Maybe it's because everyone in the gym is in their own space so they're not very responsive to sociability and/or flirting. Group sports are more sociable, are there women who go to the Kung Fu classes? Or might you consider going to some classes in another discipline which attracts more women whom you could get to know on a friendly basis? (Like kick boxing?)

I say 'friendly basis' cuz it's good to start just looking out for women friends. Sometimes this leads to more than friendship, and women usually have other women who are their friends. Even if a woman has got someone, they're often on the look out for someone of quality for their friend. Anyway, it's best to start in a relaxed way rather than have a mad gleam in your eye saying I Am Hunting Down Sex, whether you are a man or a woman, in my experience. That's why when you're attached, you pick up all the time! LOL.
:rose:

OK, you can recognise crazy women and avoid them - that's good!

I didn't mean you'd been in a fight, LOL, I was just wondering if there are women who also go to see the World Series fights that you mentioned a few posts back. I got an impression that it was a guy thing.

I think women at the gym are focussed on getting fit. I don't know why, I've never found the gym a good cruising ground, whereas the rugby team was rife with it! Maybe it's because everyone in the gym is in their own space so they're not very responsive to sociability and/or flirting. Group sports are more sociable, are there women who go to the Kung Fu classes? Or might you consider going to some classes in another discipline which attracts more women whom you could get to know on a friendly basis? (Like kick boxing?)

I say 'friendly basis' cuz it's good to start just looking out for women friends. Sometimes this leads to more than friendship, and women usually have other women who are their friends. Even if a woman has got someone, they're often on the look out for someone of quality for their friend. Anyway, it's best to start in a relaxed way rather than have a mad gleam in your eye saying I Am Hunting Down Sex, whether you are a man or a woman, in my experience. That's why when you're attached, you pick up all the time! LOL.

I watch the fights alone in my room.

I know very few women. Most of them are waitresses. Other than that, I know a few married women that play poker, some older women at kung fu (both in their 50s, and one is married to a black belt), and two women at the gym. One of which is older than me and prefers even older men, and pushed me towards Milf Waitress #2, trying to get her away from her "creampuff" boyfriend. The other woman is the one that agreed to go out with me and didn't.

Yeah... I don't... yeah...

I don't do a lot of things that women care about. Kung fu, poker, death metal, all mostly male oriented.

I watch the fights alone in my room.

I know very few women. Most of them are waitresses. Other than that, I know a few married women that play poker, some older women at kung fu (both in their 50s, and one is married to a black belt), and two women at the gym. One of which is older than me and prefers even older men, and pushed me towards Milf Waitress #2, trying to get her away from her "creampuff" boyfriend. The other woman is the one that agreed to go out with me and didn't.

Yeah... I don't... yeah...

OK, I think a good start is to find ways you could meet some more women friends - just as friends. I get the impression you would like to go out and watch films and fights with others rather than alone in your room, wouldn't you? as well as meeting possible dates.

You don't meet new friends at work, apparently. Married poker playing women are no good, their friends will be gambling types and you want to get away from the gambling. When you say 'some' older women go to Kung Fu, you mean two which isn't a big enough selection. I naturally don't think anything of them being in their 50s, being feisty at fifty myself with a large collection of cubs (don't worry, dahlink, they are just for a bit of light flirty fun - apart from the Fella, of course - he's a cub, but he's top class and has managed to keep me interested for eleven years; he knows what whisky to buy if I get cross).

There are personals, where you could advertise for friendship, maybe more. I helped one of my friends write her profile and she had a lot of fun, although she did kiss a frog or two before meeting the fella she has now. He's been with her for several years now; she would never have met him in the ordinary way of things as she is too high-powered in her profession for serious affairs - the guys at work are all scared of her. He had never ever had a girlfriend before, and he's a real nice guy, so the personals worked well for him too.

There are the classes - I suppose you wouldn't consider doing a few classes in kick boxing or tai chi or something? I know it might be such a different discipline it would interfere with the Kung Fu, but if it was something that supported it?

Or is there something you always thought about taking up but never yet got round to? Photography or pottery? The best ones are things like cake-baking because much more women go to those, so any man who shows up gets lots of interest, and girly women love a man who bakes as well as doing martial arts, but you should not do this if the thought of cake baking makes you roll all over the floor laughing.

Or a postgraduate qualification - any evening classes are an excellent way to get to meet people. I met a really nice woman once at gamelan classes my flatmate made me come along to. And I met a lovely bloke at art therapy but I wasn't in the mood at the time for other reasons.

I don't do a lot of things that women care about. Kung fu, poker, death metal, all mostly male oriented.

I know, this is why you're not meeting women and a hot guy like you is not being snapped up. Can you think of anything that you could bear to do a few classes in, which is a little bit more likely to attract women?
:heart:

I was going to suggest a yoga class, but tai chi might be better. The slow moments will allow you to show off your body in a less threatening way and display your sensitive nature. ;)

I know, this is why you're not meeting women and a hot guy like you is not being snapped up. Can you think of anything that you could bear to do a few classes in, which is a little bit more likely to attract women?
:heart:

Locally, the classes that attract more women than men are:

Creative Writing, and

Car Maintenance. :D

I'm thinking of adopting a 3 months old puppy who just had to have one front leg amputated. She's adorable!

Someone talk me into it or out of it!!!

I'm thinking of adopting a 3 months old puppy who just had to have one front leg amputated. She's adorable!

Someone talk me into it or out of it!!!

She may be adorable, but will your heart and bank balance stand the strain?

Three-legged dogs need more frequent visits to animal clinics than four-legged dogs because of the strain on the joints. They also have a lower life-expectancy. Pet insurance is unlikely to be available, or if it is affordable, it might exclude complications from the removed leg.

Three-legged dogs need more frequent visits to animal clinics than four-legged dogs because of the strain on the joints. They also have a lower life-expectancy. Pet insurance is unlikely to be available, or if it is affordable, it might exclude complications from the removed leg.
There you go being level-headed.

Fine. I concede.

But poor puppy.

OK, I think a good start is to find ways you could meet some more women friends - just as friends. I get the impression you would like to go out and watch films and fights with others rather than alone in your room, wouldn't you? as well as meeting possible dates.

You don't meet new friends at work, apparently. Married poker playing women are no good, their friends will be gambling types and you want to get away from the gambling. When you say 'some' older women go to Kung Fu, you mean two which isn't a big enough selection. I naturally don't think anything of them being in their 50s, being feisty at fifty myself with a large collection of cubs (don't worry, dahlink, they are just for a bit of light flirty fun - apart from the Fella, of course - he's a cub, but he's top class and has managed to keep me interested for eleven years; he knows what whisky to buy if I get cross).

There are personals, where you could advertise for friendship, maybe more. I helped one of my friends write her profile and she had a lot of fun, although she did kiss a frog or two before meeting the fella she has now. He's been with her for several years now; she would never have met him in the ordinary way of things as she is too high-powered in her profession for serious affairs - the guys at work are all scared of her. He had never ever had a girlfriend before, and he's a real nice guy, so the personals worked well for him too.

There are the classes - I suppose you wouldn't consider doing a few classes in kick boxing or tai chi or something? I know it might be such a different discipline it would interfere with the Kung Fu, but if it was something that supported it?

Or is there something you always thought about taking up but never yet got round to? Photography or pottery? The best ones are things like cake-baking because much more women go to those, so any man who shows up gets lots of interest, and girly women love a man who bakes as well as doing martial arts, but you should not do this if the thought of cake baking makes you roll all over the floor laughing.

Or a postgraduate qualification - any evening classes are an excellent way to get to meet people. I met a really nice woman once at gamelan classes my flatmate made me come along to. And I met a lovely bloke at art therapy but I wasn't in the mood at the time for other reasons.

I don't ever want to be in a regular classroom with desks and chairs ever again.

I would take tai chi at the kung fu school, but again, all old people (and ill timed for my schedule).

There is a kickboxing class after Thursday night kung fu class, but I am exhausted, a bunch of us go out after class, and they don't return my smiles anyway...

I don't ever want to be in a regular classroom with desks and chairs ever again.

I would take tai chi at the kung fu school, but again, all old people (and ill timed for my schedule).

There is a kickboxing class after Thursday night kung fu class, but I am exhausted, a bunch of us go out after class, and they don't return my smiles anyway...

Have you considered volunteering for something that interests you? It has the benefit of supporting something you care about and meeting like-minded people.

Its not simply social causes, though there are plenty of those. Lots of local music festivals rely heavily on volunteers. So do theatre groups and sports associations.

I wouldn't say that this is necessarily a 'dating' scene. It does introduce you to many people, though, and someone might have a friend or a sister. ;)

Blurt:

A new comment as of yesterday said I taught a reader some new words. Who'd'a thunk my dirty stories would be edjumacational?

:p

I know, but if everyone says that to themselves, who will take her? So she has a shorter life span, won't it be worth it if she brings some joy into our house, and if we can give her a loving home? No pet's life is guaranteed for 15+ years.

It's not a done deal. I'm still thinking about it. I may just foster her at first. I was planning on getting dog in the fall, maybe, and planning on getting a rescue dog that was a little older and already housebroken, but this little pup's story is so heart breaking.

I have a vet friend I'm going to talk about it with, too. The extra expense of pet visits is a consideration.

But ... she's adorable!!! ;)

I know, but if everyone says that to themselves, who will take her? So she has a shorter life span, won't it be worth it if she brings some joy into our house, and if we can give her a loving home? No pet's life is guaranteed for 15+ years.

It's not a done deal. I'm still thinking about it. I may just foster her at first. I was planning on getting dog in the fall, maybe, and planning on getting a rescue dog that was a little older and already housebroken, but this little pup's story is so heart breaking.

I have a vet friend I'm going to talk about it with, too. The extra expense of pet visits is a consideration.

Your kids will be heartbroken if she dies younger. Bear that in mind, sweetheart. Someone else will have your kind heart in regards to the dog; think of the kids and the kind of robust playful puppy who would enjoy being with them most. If you're worried about the puppy, post appealing piccies of it on Facebook (or here - Dampie has already ordered it a dog bowl!)

Why did she need a leg removed? The reason could affect her life span drastically.

The best way to acquire a pet as a member of your family is to decide on all the factors, not just compassion. If you know what to expect, and your vet friend might help, then the possible consequences won't be an unpleasant shock which could be bad for you and her.

Too many people take on pets without enough thought. That's why there have to be rescue centres to pick up the abandoned pets when their owners can't cope. Almost all our family's pets have come from rescue centres but the financial burdens of some have been massive i.e. thousands of pounds of animal centre care for one dog. We loved him, but the cost made us wince.

Dampie has already ordered it a dog bowl!
I'll gladly buy it a dog bowl if it helps anything or anyone but, God, I can't have a dog! I need to grow up enough to take responsibility for myself first before I can let someone else depend on me. :rolleyes:

eta: That was me rolling my eyes at myself, not you! I realized it could be taken the wrong way. :rose:

Last edited:
And my ex sent another facebook request...

Rise over the ex girlfriend. Clearly she can't bear to be ignored - best to treat her to the cold shoulder, that will get her most annoyed and allow you to walk around feeling saintly.

Di had a good thought, volunteering for a music festival may make you friends. You just need a wider set of friends, preferably one which includes some women and/or some people who have women friends.

The kickboxing ladies don't smile at you because you're not part of their class. If you join their class they'll be interested to find out more about you and will soon start chatting to you. Bear in mind that when women find a man sexy, they are frequently too shy to look directly at him and smile as they may start blushing. (I don't mean me, of course. I'll wink at anyone if given half a chance! I mean women who don't write erotica and go tarting about writers' discussion boards.) If there's a man who's in the class, joining in the exercises, women can sidle over and start chatting in a normal sociable fashion without worrying that they'll be seen as a total slag.

The tiredness is an issue but you don't have to join the class forever. Could you put the Kung Fu to one side just for a few weeks while you give kickboxing a go? You can go back to Kung Fu when you've seen if the kickboxing allows you to make some friends. If you've been doing kickboxing for a few weeks, the ladies may smile when they come in for their class and see you going for the showers with your Kung Fu friends. You might still catch up with them after their class if you're willing to wait a little for them to finish. You can just say you wanted to try it out, and how sorry you feel that you had to chuck it because the two classes were on the same night. I had a similar thing with rugby and rowing. I really liked the rowing but I only did it to keep fit for the rugby, and you had to take it more seriously than I could manage. I only wish I'd realised that that sweet butch bus driver wasn't cycling all the way across the river for the rowing - stupid me! I missed a honey there.

You might join a club rather than an evening class? A reading group usually has many more women in it than men.

Or there are the personals? It's just a friendship thing. I had a couple of fun dates from personal ads - never went anywhere serious, not even to second base, but I enjoyed some pleasant evenings and got to see films with someone-else rather than going on my own. And like I say, it worked out brilliantly for my friend.

Why did she need a leg removed? The reason could affect her life span drastically.

The best way to acquire a pet as a member of your family is to decide on all the factors, not just compassion. If you know what to expect, and your vet friend might help, then the possible consequences won't be an unpleasant shock which could be bad for you and her.

Too many people take on pets without enough thought. That's why there have to be rescue centres to pick up the abandoned pets when their owners can't cope. Almost all our family's pets have come from rescue centres but the financial burdens of some have been massive i.e. thousands of pounds of animal centre care for one dog. We loved him, but the cost made us wince.

From what I understand, she was found abandoned with a severely broken leg. They thought she could have surgery and fix the leg, but the growth plates were affected and they didn't think it would heal properly, and that it would be a long painful recovery. Experts at U of W decided amputation would be a much better option, and she is recovering well.

I will definitely get more information on her before I decide for sure. Any pet is a big responsibility. I've known 3-legged dogs that get along quite well. And if the life span issue is something like 10 years instead of 15, I think that's ok. Now, if it were 5 or 6, that is a different story. I also don't want to get in a situation where I am spending an inordinate amount of money on her. I am going to fully research the situation before I make a decision.

I do feel our house is perfect for a dog like her, though. Fenced in yard, 1 level so no stairs, etc. I think we could give her a really good home.

Honestly one of the main things holding me back is that she is a puppy. I was planning on getting a slightly older dog (still a rescue dog) who is at least a year old, so it is already housebroken, and its temperament is easier to discern.

I'll keep y'all posted! ;)

I'll gladly buy it a dog bowl if it helps anything or anyone but, God, I can't have a dog! I need to grow up enough to take responsibility for myself first before I can let someone else depend on me. :rolleyes:

eta: That was me rolling my eyes at myself, not you! I realized it could be taken the wrong way. :rose:

LOL, I know what you think of the feckless MILF - taking on a Piglet at the age of only 50, and see the result? Here I am hauling the kid along to the British Museum where I learn on here there's some exhibition about Romans and sex. Can't wait for next term's school report!
:D

(Do you suppose any of the museum attendants will be hot? ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back