LDoK: World's Finest (OOC)

I'd put up a profile for the Martian Manhunter...but, I mean come on, its the MARTIAN MANHUNTER.

He's a big, green dude that has a really cool cape and uniform and kicks a whole lotta butt all the time.


martian_manhunter_1_1280x1024.jpg

I agree with Chas

'Nuff said =^^=
 
...personally I think that's his coolest look ever.

Sure as Hell beats the trou off the look he had in "The Justice Experience," or whatever they called that.
 
767022-wonder_woman_by_tarzman.jpg

Diana left Smallville with a heavy heart. Her time in the world of man was at an end and other lessons had to be learned.

Earning the mantle of the Royal family wasn't easy, and the process of empowerment was painful. But Diana gained so very much from it. She doesn't know her upper limits yet, and flight has taken some acclimatization.

Recently Queen Hippolyta has chosen to send her daughter back to the world of man as a peace keeper and a diplomat. Diana's not so sure she makes the best choice as a diplomat but she is willing to try. She and Artemis have continued their relationship, even if her mother isn't sure about it.

775356-artemis_ww_color.jpg
 
I've got my memories
Always inside of me
But I can't go back
Back to how it was

I believe now
I've come too far
No I can't go back
Back to how it was

Created for a place
I've never known

This is home
Now I'm finally
Where I belong
Where I belong
Yeah, this is home
I've been searching
For a place of my own
Now I've found it
Maybe this is home
Yeah, this is home

Belief over misery
I've seen the enemy
And I won't go back
Back to how it was

And I got my heart
Set on
What happens next
I got my eyes wide
It's not over yet
We are miracles
And we're not alone
Yeah

This is home
Now I'm finally
Where I belong
Where I belong
Yeah, this is home
I've been searching
For a place of my own
Now I've found it
Maybe this is home
Yeah, this is home

And now after all
My searching
After all my questions
I'm gonna call it home
I got a brand new mindset
I can finally see
The sunset
I'm gonna call it home
Home

This is home
Now I'm finally
Where I belong
Where I belong
Yeah, this is home
I've been searching
For a place of my own
Now I've found it
Maybe this is home
Yeah, this is home

Now I know
Yeah, this is home

I've come too far
And I won't go back
Yeah, this is home
 
The Batman


Christian-Bale-792842.jpg


Name: Bruce Anthony Thomas Wayne
Age: 26
Race: Human
Height: 6'
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue

dk-03298.jpg


A young boy in Gotham City, IL, was walking home from the theatre with his mother and father. Disaster with a skeletal smile, a cryptic question, and a gun with two rounds fired...

That boy never forgot that night.

Alone with only his parents' butler to guide him, Bruce Wayne could easily have slipped into darkness, been lost. But instead, inspired by childhood friends met during a brief time in Smallville, KS, inspired by the memory of his parents and inspired by the undying devotion of that selfsame Gentleman, Bruce became a force for good.

He only dresses in darkness.

By day, he's a up and coming business tycoon, self-educated.

After sunset, he's a vigilante knight, a shinobi ronin, trained by the forces of darkness and the foremost minds of martial artistry, detection, science, and logic.

Following his departure from The Outsiders ten years ago, Bruce joined The League of Shadows under the auspices of training, secretly intending to learn their ancient codes of assassination and the mercy-killing of civilisations that he might undermine them from within, and exact justice for their arranging the deaths of his parents. Rising through their ranks, Bruce trained under The League's major domo, Henri Ducard, only departing their company once, five years ago, to flex corporate muscle and bail Merick Tennylson out of a jam.

In catastrophic events soon thereafter, The League's plan to destroy Gotham City came near to fruition, and enlisting a modicum of Outsider help, Bruce foiled their plot and caused the seeming fiery death of Henri Ducard. Bruce then departed once again, spending the next few years cementing his furious training with mental skills and bolstering his martial artistry with the teachings of other masters throughout the globe.

A few months ago, Bruce returned to Gotham once and for all, his guise perfected, his techniques flawless, his equipment honed and ready.

He has taken upon himself the totem of that which frightened him most as a boy. And now his enemies must share his dread.

He is The Batman. And Gotham nights will never be the same.

---

Powers: Bruce has no superhuman abilities, though you might not realise it to watch him work. Gifted with a genius mind and fantastic physical memory, Bruce's detective logic and perceptiveness and intuition are matched only by his athletic and combat prowess, which in turn are only nearly surpassed by his indomitable, nigh-obsessive drive.

He is the master of thirteen styles of martial arts. He can track a killer across sand, snow, steel or stone. His iron will is nigh-unbreakable, and there is almost no weapon real or improvised he cannot use to his advantage.

Utilising advanced meditative techniques, Bruce can go without sleep for days on end, piece together intractably complex puzzles, hold his breath for five minutes, and suppress crippling pain.

There's not many people in the world who can see his right hook coming.

Weakness: For all his skill and ability, Bruce is only human. It is nearly impossible to find his breaking point, but it is not completely impossible...

2005_batman_begins_001.jpg
 
Last edited:
I stand with you wholeheartedly on the second sentence. But the first one's kind of confusing me a little.

I was referring to the bios that I had left mostly blank until we had taken more time to flesh out some things. I intend to add to Tommy and Mary's bios and a bit more to Merick's as things flesh out in my head. Still trying to solidify their places in my head a bit.
 
AAAAAANNNNDDDDD

We have Batman & Lex on site folks!!!

& Dr. Ross!!!!!!

(Tennis my ass!! the man can DRIVE!)
 
Last edited:
Pete already knows all he needs to about the rules of the road.

"Forehand smash" is a euphemism.

Batman is teaching Pete how to throw a better punch...
 
I was referring to the bios that I had left mostly blank until we had taken more time to flesh out some things. I intend to add to Tommy and Mary's bios and a bit more to Merick's as things flesh out in my head. Still trying to solidify their places in my head a bit.

"Check this space for further developments?"

:: nodnodnod ::

Kk, I getcha now.
 
Doctor MidNite... Chas, have I told you lately how much I love you?

Heehee...

From The Annotated LDoK:

'Originally, Pete Ross' medical interests in the first thread were inspired by a) in the "Smallville" comic, Pete's lack of desire to be a lawyer like his mother wanted, and b) on TV, Sam Jones III's joining the cast of "ER" as a paramedic after he left the cast of "Smallville." This is kicked up a notch in "World's Finest," as "ER," set in Chicago, also famously launched the career of George Clooney when he infamously played a Doctor Ross.

Further reference is made to the DC comics universe in the appending of a "Doctor Midnight" nickname, as Doctor MidNite was a medically-trained superhero who could see in the dark. The current bearer of the codename in "JSA" is "Doctor Pieter Cross," hence, "Peter C. Ross." Pete's middle name is given here as "Carlos," an etymological nod to "Charles," as the first Doctor MidNite was named "Doctor Charles McNider."

Perhaps interestingly, Pete would not be the first African-American character to be called "Doctor Midnight," as a woman named "Beth Chapel" also used the name briefly following "Zero Hour."

The nightvision goggles he used in the events described here were given to him by Dale Tennylson before The Outsiders' battle in Honduras.

Pete chews gingold gum, a nod to The Elongated Man.'
 
Last edited:
Er well my last post seems kinda jumbled, so I might do some editing to make the scene transitions a bit easier to follow.

:rose:
 
Er well my last post seems kinda jumbled, so I might do some editing to make the scene transitions a bit easier to follow.

:rose:

Read fine to me, luv.

I especially liked the bit where she was drifting in near-orbit and the microgravity made her skirt all... floaty...

:: zones out ::

Agh! Eh-wot?
 
Back
Top