Bits and pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have a chair very much like that in my house... you are welcome to it. (This is in hopes you will be naked underneath the robe...)

Beautiful Y, I have so missed you. Our paths could cross more often if you wanted. I'd make that happen.

Some years ago my mother gave me a vinyl-to-digital record player to convert what few LP's I retained into a more portable format. Pleased as fuck just to have a functioning record player again I sorta dismissed the latter purpose of it. I recall downloading the program onto my computer and getting frustrated I couldn't get the shit to work with my half-assed attempt to read the instructions to get it to work.

So some years later leading up to this morning I got to thinking... "Well I got all the shit set up so close to each other let's see if I can give this another half-assed go."

I made a bit more headway this time around than the last.

So I was sitting there listening to the music watching the computer program do it's program thing and I found myself feeling a bit unsettled. I can't explain it. It felt as if I were raping the record album.
attachment.php

I don't think I'm going to do this again.

Attachments

• IMGP2265L.jpg
    IMGP2265L.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 161
Some years ago my mother gave me a vinyl-to-digital record player to convert what few LP's I retained into a more portable format. Pleased as fuck just to have a functioning record player again I sorta dismissed the latter purpose of it. I recall downloading the program onto my computer and getting frustrated I couldn't get the shit to work with my half-assed attempt to read the instructions to get it to work.

So some years later leading up to this morning I got to thinking... "Well I got all the shit set up so close to each other let's see if I can give this another half-assed go."

I made a bit more headway this time around than the last.

So I was sitting there listening to the music watching the computer program do it's program thing and I found myself feeling a bit unsettled. I can't explain it. It felt as if I were raping the record album.

I don't think I'm going to do this again.

I've recently done the same thing with my records, my older child asked me after I had done a few - "why are you still keeping them if you have them on the computer and why do they sound so scratchy?" .... that's when realization dawned that she was completely missing the point. *sigh*

She ran away when I made her sit through the 2nd Donny & Marie album. :D

I've recently done the same thing with my records, my older child asked me after I had done a few - "why are you still keeping them if you have them on the computer and why do they sound so scratchy?" .... that's when realization dawned that she was completely missing the point. *sigh*

She ran away when I made her sit through the 2nd Donny & Marie album. :D

No hate against Donny and Marie... but um... I'd run away as well. Only to keep me from searching through your pile and breaking what other Donny and Marie albums you may have. Again... no hate... believe me... more of an irrational instinct I think.

Truth be told as soon as I got the player my wife (and I) then raided our parents stash of vinyl they never listen to. It's amazing just how many John Denver and Neil Diamond albums of "Greatest Hits" there are and how one person can have so many of them. Sure they both have been prolific musicians to warrant more than one album of "Greatest Hits"... but fuck. And why is it that the one... the one album of "Holy Shit Polydor?... The Who?... first issue Quadrophenia!?!" ends up being nothing more than an empty sleeve with no record to be found or looks as though it's been used to line the cat-box with?

Come on parents get your shit together for your future generations. What? I used the record to make a dam to hold back the water of the giant lake I made in the sandbox courtesy of 2 lengths of 50 feet of garden hose because you fucks thought "there's NO way he'll be able to do anything remotely too messy/destructive/whatever if we dump the pile of sand 100 feet away from the house!" Seriously... should have beat me more as a child. Not really... just saying.

No hate against Donny and Marie... but um... I'd run away as well. Only to keep me from searching through your pile and breaking what other Donny and Marie albums you may have. Again... no hate... believe me... more of an irrational instinct I think.

Truth be told as soon as I got the player my wife (and I) then raided our parents stash of vinyl they never listen to. It's amazing just how many John Denver and Neil Diamond albums of "Greatest Hits" there are and how one person can have so many of them. Sure they both have been prolific musicians to warrant more than one album of "Greatest Hits"... but fuck. And why is it that the one... the one album of "Holy Shit Polydor?... The Who?... first issue Quadrophenia!?!" ends up being nothing more than an empty sleeve with no record to be found or looks as though it's been used to line the cat-box with?

Come on parents get your shit together for your future generations. What? I used the record to make a dam to hold back the water of the giant lake I made in the sandbox courtesy of 2 lengths of 50 feet of garden hose because you fucks thought "there's NO way he'll be able to do anything remotely too messy/destructive/whatever if we dump the pile of sand 100 feet away from the house!" Seriously... should have beat me more as a child. Not really... just saying.

You think Donny & Marie is bad, wait until I make her sit through Shawn Cassidy (I'm dating myself here aren't I?) yep ... I was super HIP back then, used to bounce between the two of them and throw in the original soundtrack for Grease for good measure. Thank god for the eighties.

Never did understand the missing sleeves, perhaps they placed them too close to the radiator yet loved the covers so much they didn't want to get rid of them? Or perhaps your right, a good spanking was deserved.

Mmmm, good spankings ... sorry, short attention span. ;)

Reading about vinyl albums brought back memories of my mother playing Nat King Cole, Air Supply and Michael Jackson. Good times.

Grins at myself now because then I was afraid of the "laugh" at the end of "Thriller"

That chair rocks. I can almost smell the leather and yes you should be naked under that robe. It should open at the top so that I can glimpse that sexy chest of yours.

Last edited:
Psa

It's difficult for me to set this up properly and in any kind of context that would make any sense to anyone else other than for a certain someone who I find may appreciate it in much the same manner as my wife did while watching it just a minute or two ago... as well as anyone who's anyone that's keen on contemporary British mobster movies... i.e. Snatch. Which oddly all brings this day full circle in a strange elliptical type manner of sorts.

Hard and Fast

Am I ever glad I came upon this thread. The pictures you have are beautiful and wonderfully artistic. Skimming some of the replies on here, it seems everyone's having a good time. ^_^ I do wonder who took the pictures of you when you obviously didn't hold the camera yourself. Looking forward to reading and seeing more.

It's difficult for me to set this up properly and in any kind of context that would make any sense to anyone else other than for a certain someone who I find may appreciate it in much the same manner as my wife did while watching it just a minute or two ago... as well as anyone who's anyone that's keen on contemporary British mobster movies... i.e. Snatch. Which oddly all brings this day full circle in a strange elliptical type manner of sorts.

Hard and Fast

Really, that video/song is going to be lodged in my mind at a completely inappropriate time. People are gonna look at me pretty weird when I'm doing compressions and singing Stayin' Alive. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back