Selena Cross-Closed

Aaron smiled and nodded his head. “I never had any thoughts that you would do such a thing My Queen. Yet I would not hesitate to give my life for you, either of them. If this is how things are done I shall adapt. It is not like I did not have to use insurgent forces in the service. I didn’t trust them but they had their uses at times when they could be counted on.”

They moved to the roof and quickly dispatched a few humans who were too careless with their lives, then moved to secure the drone. Once that was done they were transported to the club via cab. Just a few blocks away they took to the roof tops again. What he would not have given for this ability to scale rooftops like this back in the day!

Selena introduced him to Jocelyn who smiled and curtsied. He snapped to attention and gave her a sharp salute. He acknowledged her words with a nod of his head. “Ma’am. I am quite honored to have her favor and it is an honor to meet you as well. It will be a pleasure to work with you, one who has been a trusted associate for so long to Lady Cross. Thank you for providing us with field support.”

He turned to Selena. “No doubt he is counting on the allegiance of those inside to bolster his defense. He is thinking that bodies make this a defensible position. He does not understand how to make a proper hard point. Public buildings require fire exits. Too many access points, too hard to defend. A well trained team of normal humans with the right weaponry could take this building with the current occupants Most of the team would die, but they would take it. Juan is an idiot.”

He just flashed a smiled at her words and the images she showed him.

He let her record her message so she would not have to continue to speak it and it played on a loop. Then using the large LCD screen that acted as a camera for him to see he steered the drone into the building. Many of the buildings occupants acted as Selena predicted they would. They immediately fled the building and joined her outside, kneeling before her as they had. However it was clear that there were still some inside that were arming themselves for a fight.

A quick glimpse of Juan, then a roar. The microphone made a horrible noise, the camera flashed and then the signal was lost. “Somehow I don’t think Juan liked the message.” Aaron said with a chuckle. He tossed the controller down and then pulled several large bags from beside him. “Alright folks. It is second chance time! You have decided not to side with Juan’s traitorous ass which was a good idea, so I want everyone to surround the building and cover the exits. No one gets out. If they try to get out, subdue them and bring them here.” He opened the bag to reveal baseball bats. They were not deadly to vampires, but that was really the point. He wasn’t going to send these guys in to a fight unarmed, but he wasn’t going to arm traitors with weapons that could kill him or Selena either.

The alarm beeped signaling the time had expired. Anyone left inside had forfeited their lives. “Time to sell some girl scout cookies.” He turned off the safety of both his rifle and his handgun and approached the door cautiously. He showed Selena his intention to let her know to dull her senses for a few seconds. He pulled the door open and pulled the pin on a flashbang grenade and tossed it inside. There was a click, a clattered and then a couple of seconds later a deafening BOOM and a blinding flash of light. He threw the door open and pulled out his combat knife which was silvered.

The windows in this room had shattered and so had all the lights truly plunging the room into darkness. When he approached the door she felt him go into combat mode. There was an almost menacing calm presence she could feel through the bond. He was like a stalking panther that felt no fear, only the hunt, only the kill. He was death. The first victim was a woman. He grabbed a handful of her long hair and slammed her hair against a large group of video screens. The glass shattered in her face, chest, and torso. She screamed in agony and he did not end it quickly. He cut deep along her hamstrings. The smell of her blood told him she was human. He was not sure how he knew that, perhaps some sort of instinct passed to him from Selena’s blood. He put his hand around her throat, ignoring the glass that bit into his skin. “Traitors die a traitors death bitch.”

”No, please! OH GOD!!!” He found her first cervical vertebrae and slid the knife in between the bones, popping the fluid sack. Then he moved to the next, and worked his way up until she stopped twitching. He tossed her body out of the broken window and moved on to the next. He had taken too much time. The next he simply jammed the blade hilt-deep into his throat, the man choked on his own blood. Another rushed him before he could free the blade. He pulled out the rifle and fired a burst of bullets that only slowed him down. Vampire then. He laughed at Aaron, thinking he would get to kill this cocky mortal.

Aaron stood still and let the vampire take his best shot. The punch rocked him he had to admit, he saw stars and inky blackness threatened him for a split second. However the pain only turned that killer instinct into a roaring flame. He spit a mouth full of blood into the vampires face and laughed. “That’s it? That’s all you have? Fucking pathetic!”

The vampire looked shocked, then mortified. He took a step back but Aaron gave him no quarter. Like his queen had done to the bitch in the dungeon he gripped the cocky little fucker by the throat and slammed him against the wall so hard the vampire went into it. ”How?!? You are still human!

“I am bonded to a fucking queen whose power may as well be the sun and moon compared to yours. Her blood makes me stronger than you as a bonded human and you are fighting her for that piece of shit Juan. All of you are going to die here tonight, horribly because you could not see the forest for the trees. You could not see the Goddess when she walked among you. Know despair in your final moments. Know that you could have lived if you had made a different choice. Know that after I am done with you I am going to tear through every motherfucker in here until I rip Juan’s traitorous fucking head off. You are the weakest link, goodbye.”

He pulled his handgun out, put it in the vampires mouth and pulled the trigger. The vampire had sort of a shocked expression on his face, then he clutched his face and throat, then he screamed a horrible scream as if every cell in his body was on fire. Worse than Selena had screamed when she had been poisoned.

Aaron turned and fired behind him. The last one had thought to try and sneak out while he was preoccupied. Turns out he was a vampire too. They were screaming in a chorus of agonizing death. After a moment they were nothing but ashes. He retrieved his knife. Aaron opened the door and bowed his head low. “Forgive me Lady Cross, they didn’t want any cookies. I had to give them a hard sell.” He spit out a little more blood but his bruised mouth was already starting to heal. “Shall we move on to the next room? There are more opportunities.”
 
There was nothing quite like feeling Aaron change into combat mode. The man continued to surprise her with his vampire like tendencies. He stalked like a panther, moved like a ninja, and tortured enough to make her want to weep with joy or fuck him among-st the fallen. Somehow she managed to restrain from either. But her pride was beaming and it radiated to him with such love and intensity it would bring a normal man to his knees.

As he opened the door she smiled widely. Her solider, her prince, her lover, her prodigy had done well. Several had tried to escape and were brought by those that pledged their fealty. The humans were executed. A vampire’s secret was too much for a bonded human to have. If a bonded human broke allegiance not only would it destroy him eventually mentally, but could cause him to rant like a mad person. All it would take was one to write down the lunatic ravings and the next thing you know you’d have a movie about sparkling vampires. The vampires swore allegiance and were branded with silver with her mark so they would never forget the pain of betrayal.

Selena entered the room anxious to kill, her blood boiling and hunger for death and carnage rising to a level of seething lust. Her hearing focused she pointed to the left and sent in the branded vampires, to the right herself, and forward she let Aaron move like a cat for that would be where Juan was. She shared with him her hearing of heart beats so he would have an idea of where the humans where. With her smell the other location of the vampires.

His smell too would one day reach the level that hers did. He would be-able to feel vibrations if someone moved, hear a heartbeat from a mile away, smell other of his kind with ease, have unparalleled tracking ability, and be a one man army more so then he already was. Oh how she couldn’t wait to turn him.

“Come now, kneel or die, it’s not that hard of a choice.” She said sweetly as one lunged at her. She stepped to the side and watched him fall. Humans were so predictable sometimes. With a few steps back she stopped on the center of his back then his neck shattering it. Instant death followed. Some of the humans screamed at the view of the death she caused. The vampires attacked together, they weren’t stupid. Well they were young and full of vigor, each hoping to be the one to take her out. Pulling out her blades she spun around decapitating anyone that came close in an instant. It was a lot of repetitive slicing and dicing. She was shot at a couple times, luckily her armor held fast or she could have been killed if the bullets were silver.

“Coming my prince” she sent to him and said out loud looking at the death before her with smug satisfaction.
 
He felt his skin flush as he felt the bundle of her emotions rise at the back of his mind. The images and thoughts were almost more than he could suppress. It was not unpleasant, still it he was not careful her desires were going to drive him to become distracted. He neatly tucked the thoughts away into a place in his mind where he could enjoy them, and even occasionally reply with a bit of warmth of his own, but much of his mental acuity was focused on the tasks at hand, securing the perimeter and making sure no one stepped out of line.

He joined Selena as she entered the next room and as she entered he flowed at her side and brought death along side her. He never obstructed her field of view or got in the way of her battle. Somehow he managed to fight while perfectly covering her flank the entire time, keeping her blind spots completely secure. Her back always was protected by her prince. More than once a swarm of young vampires came at her from behind while she was already engaged in a battle. Aaron didn’t fuck around now, not when Selena’s life was concerned. There was no time to revel in the battle now, he simply dropped bodies with lethal efficiency. With the side arm in one hand and the long curved knife blade in the other he shot and stabbed as vampires tried their luck at trying to get to the queen of his heart.

One vampire managed to make it in close and drove a long wicked blade in close. Aaron didn’t even hesitate to slide his body in between the knife and her body. The blade slid off his vest smoothly and glanced away harmlessly but that didn’t matter, for that split second she could feel her prodigy mentally preparing himself for death as he prepared to take that knife thrust for her. The knife glanced away and he grabbed the arm holding the blade, snapping bones, kicking the blade away with a snarl of rage. With his blade he thrust beneath the vampires chin and glared fiery defiance into the assholes eyes. “So close.” He mocked as the man turned to dust.

Selena summoned him and he joined her with a nod of his head, scooping up the fallen blade and glancing at hit thoughtfully. He gave it a few test swings and looked down the cutting edge, giving it a visual inspection. The blade was in good shape despite obvious wear and use. It had at one time obviously been in the hands of royalty. “This may come in handy with some training. I’m used to fighting with a combat knife, but longer blades are new to me. Not exactly a staple for combat anymore. Anything longer than a bowie knife is rare at best. With the frequency that vampires use edged weapons I think we should get me some hours in some kendo training. First things first though. Placed to go, traitors to kill.”

Leaning in close he pressed his body against hers. He was covered in blood, most of it was dried and most of it belonged to other people but some of it was his. He kissed her lips deeply, looking into her eyes. Murmuring with a soft, low tone for her ears alone. “My love. I approve of your line of thinking. Even if it is driving me to distraction.” Then he chuckled softly and separated from her, moving to the next room with the long blade in his hand, his side arm and knife both holstered. He stopped at the door and then went tense. She could feel white-hot rage, but also urgency through her bond with him. There was a large group of vampires ahead just on the other side of this door. Aaron reached down to pick up the destroyed drone to show to Selena. “Guess who?”

He approached the door and raised his voice. “To the vampires in the next room. I am bound to Selena Cross. I have a message for you. Leave now and you will be spared a traitors death.” His voice dropped lower and became softer sounding almost like a blade dragging across a whet stone as he paused and spoke again. “Everyone except you Juan. You stay. I am going to turn your fucking skull into an ash tray. You stay right where you are you cowardly piece of shit. Why don’t you tell them why they are having to hide right now instead of enjoying their time? Tell them what you did Juan!” Aaron balled up his fist and slammed it into the door with such ferocity that the steel door dented from the impact. Several voices from the other side raised and lowered in hushed, frantic tones. The door opened and ten vampires ran out, more remained inside. “Sticking with Juan eh? Ohhhh buddy is that the wrong plan. See she told me that I get to kill him, but I bet you that comes with the condition that she gets to kill everyone else! You fuckers are the expendable left overs that my queen gets to take her anger out on. Let me tell you she is pissed. You man want to reconsider your position. Or not, makes my day easier.” He let out a wicked laugh and then slammed the door shut in their faces, wedging it shut with a sly grin.
 
Selena gave Aaron a nice long kiss. "You've done well my prince" she said with pride. In a few moments we shall finish this and i shall take you home and reward you however your heart desires. At the same time she was speaking with him the ten that surrendered were outside being branded. She could smell their flesh burning and it was igniting her lust even further.

"I am Selena Cross, and here by declare that I am claiming your territory Juan Catalone. Your failed assassination gives me the right to take my revenge and take what is yours. In doing so you have also given up your countries rights as they are also responsible for your actions. Let it be known that by the time I am done I will have claimed the whole of the states as well. Those that wish to surrender have done so. Those that remain behind this door have forfeited their life in confused fealty to your leader. The one that slays him may live."

They could hear fighting and screaming on the other end of the door. "you fucking bitch, why couldn't you have just died." Juan yelled as the last thump was heard. "It's not in my nature" Selena replied with a smirk. Are you ready my love? she questioned to Aarons mind.

Rolling her hand toward the door she pulled out her blades and gave him a nod. As he opened the door the smell of blood filled her nostrils making her smile even wider. "here kitty kitty" she taunted as the first vampire rushed her. "ooh Kitty has claws" she mused toying with them. The blades clashed as she taunted them. "Okay i'm bored". The vampire looked at her confused for a moment. Which was all she needed to cut off it's head. "next?"

Earlier when Aaron was willing to sacrifice his life for her she knew with complete certainty she would spend the rest of their lives together. "watch your six" she sent to his mind as a vampire was trying to sneak up on him. Unfortunately she was busy with three of her own and couldn't quite get to him. It did however speed her up in slaying them.

When the one that was unsuccessfully fighting Aaron saw her approaching he dropped to his knees. "forgi..." he didn't have a chance to finish as his head went flying by her sword. With in a few minutes there was no one left but her Aaron and Juan.

"Now Juan i promised my prodigy.."He gave a surprised look "Yes I said prodigy. that he could kill you. It seems he's feeling crafty today and wants to make your head into an ashtray. I do owe you thanks for finding him for me. Unfortunately your powers of though failed you when you underestimated his ability to handle the truth about what we are. Of course you also underestimated my abilities to take you down. So be a good lad and just kneel and let him make it quick. No? Okay then there is no changing your mind now. Go ahead my prince, make me an ashtray."
 
The kiss nearly made him forget that they were in the middle of a battle. Every instinct in his body urged him to tear the clothing from her body and pin her up against the nearest wall and fuck her right then and there. The bloodlust he could feel emanating from her only heightened his urge to do that. ’Finally someone who I can connect with on every level the thought skittered across the surface of his mind and he did not hide it from her. He offered her a loving squeeze as he regretfully saw to the task at hand.

He enjoyed the exchange between Juan and Selena until it was time to breach the door. When she asked him if he was prepared he nodded his head and she could feel his mind turn to the task, all focus shifted once more to the task. He drew in a steadying breath to calm his thundering heart and then he pushed it out to slow his breath and pounding heart. As he pushed out the air it seemed as if all the lust, need, and rage went with the air. All that was left was the calm, focused surface of his mind poised like a stalking panther. ’ready’ He sent to her.

She entered the room and he was directly behind her with the long blade in his right hand, the knife in his left, he did not dare wield the gun in this room with Selena in here. It was on his person but the weapon did not even have a clip in it. Vampires surged over them like a wave rushing over a rock. He parried an attack from the front and he felt and heard her warning even as the borrowed senses and his own heightened senses warned of the incoming attack from behind. He blocked another blade strike from a man trying to take off his head with a soft chuckle. He had to admit there was something visceral and feral about fighting hand to hand with these weapons that he enjoyed.

He held both assailants at bay with his strength and then with a sudden burst of speed he shifted his weight and rolled backward. Both vampires fell toward each other and nearly killed one another as their own power nearly drove blades into flesh. It was at that moment Selena entered the fray and decapitated the vampire that had attempted to sneak up behind him. He didn’t hesitate for a second to pounce on the other. The long blade tore into flesh even as the knife ripped the spine savagely from the body. It was like the man was torn open by a wild animal. He was dead before he turned to dust. He never even screamed.

Aaron shifted the weapons in his hands and started to stalk toward Juan while Selena talked. Years of fighting insurgents and suicide bombers had given Aaron a keen sense of how to read body language. Something told him before he even heard the clicking of Juan chambering the round that Juan had a hidden weapon.

A hail of bullets pealed toward Selena but Aaron had already started to move and with his increased speed he managed to cover the distance before the bullets made it to her. She would have had an early warning because of her connection to Aaron, she would have sensed his alarm, but all it would have done was make it so she was not caught off guard as the big man covered his body with hers and bore her to the ground, covering her as the bullets struck his body instead of hers. She could feel pain registering, smell blood his blood as bullets hit areas not covered in armor. She could feel a knot of something else though, smug satisfaction.

There was a click between their bodies and even as he coughed out a little blood he winked at her. He was palming a hand grenade and cooking the fuse. ”Mute your senses. This is going to be extremely loud” He sent the words and then he rolled off her and hurled the grenade like a major league fastball straight at Juan’s face. The grenade nearly struck him before it detonated point blank.

Aaron rolled off of her a few seconds later, after the shower of shrapnel had dissipated. Juan had been nearly ripped in half by the weapon, but he was still alive. His weapon had been left completely destroyed, and he was in no shape to fight. Aaron hobbled to his feet slowly, bleeding from a deep wound in his leg and another in his left shoulder. He walked toward Juan and sheathed the knife, just wielding the long blade. “You are so done. No more hiding, no more cowardly attacks, no more games. Just time for a dirt nap cupcake.” The look on his face was pure unfiltered murder. Even Juan took a step backward.

Aaron lunged forward with a snarl. Despite his injuries, he crashed into Juan and slammed him against the wall so fiercely the plaster cracked. What remained of Juan’s body shuddered in agony and he tried feebly to push Aaron away. Aaron raised the sword level along with his right shoulder and brought the left shoulder beneath Juan’s chin so that his head was pressed up and back exposing his throat. “This is for my Queen.” He spoke the words solemnly and drove the point of the sword into the hollow of Juan’s throat and cleaved his spine clean in two, pulling the skull free like a trophy. His ruined body fell, then turned into dust. Aaron sheathed the blade and then shifted his prize to his non-wounded hand and limped back toward Selena, chuckling softly. “Don’t know if you want this. It sure is ugly.”
 
Selena looked at the head of Juan and smiled. "Give it to one of your army have them skin it and preserve it. We'll mount it outside the club when we redo it." she said with a smirk. "We need to get any bullets out of you so your wounds will heal. Then i'm going to fuck you. She grinned an kissed him deeply before giving him time to strip out of his clothes.

Heading outside she shouted orders from the door. "Those with brands clean up duty inside. Those without fix up duty. I want the club spotless and ready to be opened for business tomorrow. You You you and you. Brooklyn, Staten Island, Long Island, and you're going to New Jersey. Let the delegates of the Burroughs know to pay their allegiance to me tomorrow. You will inform New Jersey's leader I'm here and they are to surrender."

Selena didn't need light to see so the fact they were in the dark didn't make a difference to her when she returned back to see Aaron. Taking out one of her knives she cut her palm and smeared the blood on the knife before she began taking bullets out of Aaron. Luckily his major parts were covered by his vest. "The blood will start the healing process faster then waiting for it to cycle." she explained to him.

As she operated on him he'd see the vampires speeding by to get the place fixed and back to it's glory. She was extra sure to ensure a drop or more of her blood went inside every wound. "So how do you feel about your first vampire battle?" She asked him as she finished one arm and went to work on his other one. "We only have 49 states left and two districts."

"You.." she said pointing to one of the vamps. "Find the traitors phone and begin calling the heads let them know Selena Cross would like to formally give them the opportunity to surrender. They can thank the deceased Juan Catalone for starting war with her."
"Yes Madam" he replied and scurried off.

"I'm sure Alaska won't surrender but the rest of them.. possibly Texas won't. Delaware and Maine will. But as for the rest it's been a while, we shall see how my reputation still holds. The smart ones know that if they surrender without blood shed, that i'll end up leaving them in charge and just take a royalty. The dumb ones, well they don't like to be told what to do. There, I've got all the ones in your arms, your shoulder wound, and now i just need to do the leg one."
 
He tossed the head to one of the traitors and then nodded to Selena. He took the kiss with a low growl, kissing her back in return. Sliding his hand around her waist, ignoring the pain of the bullet wounds as he greedily kissed her. When she pulled back he sighed regretfully. “Right, bullets.” He unstrapped the vest and made sure the safety was on all of his weapons before sliding the vest off slowly. Then he just cut the bloody shirt off of his body and tossed it away.

He slung the rifle over one shoulder and grabbed the vest by one of the straps he followed Selena out of the building. He may look as if he was at ease, but he was still completely on edge and alert. As far as he was concerned they were still surrounded by a bunch of traitors. She began giving orders and he waited for them to be acted upon.

He leaned up against a nearby car and waited for her to be done delegating. Then when she turned to him and began cutting out the bullets. He clenched his jaw tightly as she worked but she did not make any noise as she worked. He listened to her explanation, nodding his head. “Good information to know.

He watched the vampires working around them and only when she spoke to him did he turn his eyes back to her. He chuckled slowly and flashed her a crooked grin. “Ready for 49 or so more. It was a blast. I hope I lived up to your expectations My Queen.” The words were mingled with a mixture of warmth and a touch of concern that rippled from his mind. “You, however, were an absolute artist to watch. What I would not have given to work with a unit of soldiers like you in the human world. Very few people have the ability to face down enemies with no fear. Let alone overwhelming odds, in ambushes and decaying combat situations. You never doubt yourself, lose your cool, or your resolve. You have a true warrior’s spirit it is beautiful to watch in action.”

He listened to her assessment and nodded thoughtfully. “Texas for sure will give you problems, maybe the Carolina’s and Virginia. Perhaps Georgia. Lots of military bases and proud military history there, as well as just a lot of backwoods folk that are just stubborn and don’t give up easily. I spent some time teaching at the Citadel for a while when I was no longer active duty.”

The next words were spoken inside her mind. ‘Despite our success here I want to search out my replacement within the next few days. I want to prepare a security detail to take over sooner rather than later. On the off chance I am killed I want a smooth transition. While I am still human I can keep screening applicants and work them through the security daytime protocols. If we find someone I like I may just decide that I want to turn before my humanity ends. Though I think it would make more sense to use my first life as a resource. I know that sounds cold hearted and clinical. My job is to keep you safe at any cost, however.”
 
"If Juan had simply accepted that I was here on vacation instead of a secret mission to steal his territory all of this could have been avoided. His actions have forced me to live up to my reputation. Of course, then I would have never been assigned you my pet." she gave him a smirk before continuing as her eyes looked around being sure all were doing what they should. Celerity ..vamp speed, ensured that her orders were completed quickly.

Looking back to Aaron she began to speak again. "Your brain is simply amazing." she purred raking her fingers over his chest leaving light red lines. The lust was now in her voice and eyes as she spoke to him. "One day, though far from now we may have that vacation I was in need of. You impressed me tonight. You met and exceeded all of my expectations. But you are right you will need to stay human a bit longer until we have our pieces in place."

With that her phone rang and she pulled it from her pants. "Yes Candice" she answered. "Ah, I'm not surprised." she replied to the report that the altercation with Juan was already out and circulating. "Issue this statement. I am Selena Cross, I entered this country with the purpose of a peaceful rest, instead I was met with an assassination attempt by the leader of New York. As my right I have taken his spot and have waged war upon the states. Those that surrender may keep their positions and merely pay royalties remaining under my protection. Those that are foolish enough to challenge me shall fall. This was my not intention upon coming here, but my wrath has been ignited and shall know no peace until the entire territory is mine." she listened to the phone and nodded as she said. "Yes that is correct, also issue orders to all territories of mine to send 12 of their best warriors. With all that I own that should easily out number what we'll be up against." she nodded again before saying "Immediate, we'll group here. That will be all." then she hit end on her phone.

'As much as it was my intention to fuck you, you'll first need to address your army, they must be ready to move tomorrow night. Then we'll go home and i'll follow up on my desires to ride you until daylight.' her mind sent to his.

While Aaron addressed his new army she made a couple phone calls. By morning the club will have looked as though nothing happened to it. She made a trip up to see her witches and then back down to wait for Aaron so they could go home.
 
Back
Top