Flash Fiction Experiment

LightningSeed

Really Experienced
Joined
Jul 28, 2018
Posts
141
I tried to interweave a bunch of 50-word stories into one narrative. Sometimes forcing an economy of words is a good thing for me.

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated. It’s a fast read, essentially 750 words.

Thunderbird Motel: 15 Stories
 
Last edited:
For me, flash fiction works when it's just the single flash of fifty words on the page, but when there are fifteen one after the other, something gets lost - the readings become too saturated with the speed of them all, and it becomes a jumble. Literotica doesn't quite suit the presentation style you need for flash to work best.

You could try a platform that better suits the presentation format you need. I have a Tumblr drawing blog, and from time to time I'll drop in "Urban Vignettes'" - very short stories, quick observational stuff. I don't bother with the fifty word thing though, that to me is an artificial constraint - what if you need only 45 words, or desperately need 55? The discipline (and difficulty) of a haiku is a better challenge, I reckon, if you want a constraint.
 
Appreciate the thoughts. It may not have worked.
Agree on the 50 word constraint, but wanted to see what could be done. A couple I really like. But do get the point of a stream of FFs defeating the point. :)
 
Back
Top