Wow! Two comments removed by administration...

laptopwriter

Really Really Experienced
If she sees this, I want to thank Laurel, or whoever it was, for removing two comments that were left on my stories.

Lately I have been hounded by a few jackasses so I have been checking my comments on a regular basis. As soon as one of these idiots leaves something, I immediately delete it. Yesterday I checked but didn't see anything. This morning I got up and checked to find 2 comments were removed by the administration. I didn't even get a chance to see them!

I'm under the impression that these would have had to be reported for them to be removed. Is that correct? With everything she does, I can't imagine Laurel would have time to scan comments for vitriol.

In any case, thanks to the administration...

If she sees this, I want to thank Laurel, or whoever it was, for removing two comments that were left on my stories.

Lately I have been hounded by a few jackasses so I have been checking my comments on a regular basis. As soon as one of these idiots leaves something, I immediately delete it. Yesterday I checked but didn't see anything. This morning I got up and checked to find 2 comments were removed by the administration. I didn't even get a chance to see them!

I'm under the impression that these would have had to be reported for them to be removed. Is that correct? With everything she does, I can't imagine Laurel would have time to scan comments for vitriol.

In any case, thanks to the administration...

This has happened to me a couple of times, too. Once on a LW story (I assume someone reported it), but once a comment that I had already deleted (I suppose it was still on the database). That led me to wonder if the comments were periodically scanned for key words and phrases and automatically tagged for review.

I have only had it happen once before, and...

that, I know was reported because I received an email from the person who reported it.

I had a 'comment removed by administration' that was followed by a comment, presumably from the person who left that comment, saying that I should not have deleted the previous comment.

I had read the original comment, and although it was abusive, it wasn't grossly so. I had left it.

I assume that it was removed because there was a pattern of abusive comments from that person.

Last edited:
Two ways that I can think of

1. The Report button.

2. Laurel checks the recently posted comments. Anything that is outrageous is removed by her manually.

When I've had comments deleted by admin they've been spam trying to lead readers away from Literotica.

That could very well be...

I assumed they were vile comments because I have been inundated with them lately.

I'm thinking-just a guess-that perhaps if enough people report a certain poster that maybe the site just wipes all their comments. Then again if they are anon I am not sure how they could do that.

When I've had comments deleted by admin they've been spam trying to lead readers away from Literotica.

That was the case, but lately there have been some removed for nastiness. Now if this were to keep up there may be no comments left in the LW section.:rolleyes:

I'm thinking-just a guess-that perhaps if enough people report a certain poster that maybe the site just wipes all their comments. Then again if they are anon I am not sure how they could do that.

Maybe the site stores who made the comment but doesn't display the info. That's what I'd do if I were building a comment system for a site like this. But I have totalitarian leanings ...

Maybe the site stores who made the comment but doesn't display the info. That's what I'd do if I were building a comment system for a site like this. But I have totalitarian leanings ...

I don't think an anonymous site will 'store' info like that. It's against its own rules.

And I don't think it has to because such comments are removed manually by moderators.

These are my thoughts, of course.:)

I don't think an anonymous site will 'store' info like that. It's against its own rules.

And I don't think it has to because such comments are removed manually by moderators.

These are my thoughts, of course.:)

Maybe so. Who knows what goes on behind the curtain?

I don't check in here much these days, just the occasional pass-through, but this thread caught my eye. I find myself mildly reassured that I'm not the only writer getting pure vitriol posing as 'comment'. I don't think I've had any comments removed by administration, but I don't check every day so can't be sure. Any comments that I consider to be constructive feedback I leave, even if I don't like them! Those that are purely attacks on me, I delete. I've always accepted anonymous comments until now, but for the time being at least I've stopped accepting anonymous comments. I'll see how it goes.

Alex

I don't check in here much these days, just the occasional pass-through, but this thread caught my eye. I find myself mildly reassured that I'm not the only writer getting pure vitriol posing as 'comment'. I don't think I've had any comments removed by administration, but I don't check every day so can't be sure. Any comments that I consider to be constructive feedback I leave, even if I don't like them! Those that are purely attacks on me, I delete. I've always accepted anonymous comments until now, but for the time being at least I've stopped accepting anonymous comments. I'll see how it goes.

Alex

This post affirms something I've noticed lately in not just my own stuff, but looking through the feedback portal and other authors comments and that's people are certainly getting "meaner" as time goes by

I've been here 4 years, a decent amount of time, but nowhere near many here (like the poster I am quoting especially) and it seems there is far more nastiness than ever before in comments.

LW has been the worst of course since the category somehow morphed into cuck central, but even outside of that category there seems to be a lot more "hate" going around.

Why? No idea except maybe that we are not living in a very happy world these days and despite what some people with blinders on may think this country is going downhill and fast and maybe there is just more frustration in general and this is the type of place(like any other internet site) where you can vent without consequence.

Who knows for sure, that's just my idea, but point is anon is worse than ever.

I go along with this...

I think it's a sign of the times. It's just too bad that anyone possesses so little character that they feel the need to write such vitriol using the anonymity of the internet, to feel better about themselves. I often have to shake my head and silently comment to the author of such vile, (and writing this made you feel like a man?)

This post affirms something I've noticed lately in not just my own stuff, but looking through the feedback portal and other authors comments and that's people are certainly getting "meaner" as time goes by

I've been here 4 years, a decent amount of time, but nowhere near many here (like the poster I am quoting especially) and it seems there is far more nastiness than ever before in comments.

LW has been the worst of course since the category somehow morphed into cuck central, but even outside of that category there seems to be a lot more "hate" going around.

Why? No idea except maybe that we are not living in a very happy world these days and despite what some people with blinders on may think this country is going downhill and fast and maybe there is just more frustration in general and this is the type of place(like any other internet site) where you can vent without consequence.

Who knows for sure, that's just my idea, but point is anon is worse than ever.

Last edited:
I think it's a sign of the times. It's just too bad that anyone possesses so little character that they feel the need to write such vitriol using the anonymity of the internet, to feel better about themselves. I often have to shake my head and silently comment to the author of such vile, (and writing this made you feel like a man?)

The U.S. unemployment rate has been hovering around seven percent for the last several months, and that doesn't count a huge number of discouraged workers who've dropped out of the labor market and are living on their spouses. I'll bet a lot of these people are sitting around reading Literotica. No wonder if they're grouchy, or if the men are having trouble feeling like men.

Back