Over 50 Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well if that's the first one this year, you're doing great!" she says as she tries to remember if she brought all the grocery bags in from the car a couple of hours ago.

Yep done that before, luckily it was Winter so it wasn't too bad when I went to the car the next day. I suppose my most silly thing was putting a bag of frozen peas in the condiment cupboard. That happened whilst I was still working, more a case of having too much on my mind at the time.

But good news regarding the coffee mug, I found it in the microwave. Mind you that was 5 hrs later. I remembered making the coffee but not drinking it. Would of been a shame to lose that coffee mug as it was one I purchased on one of my driving trips.

Man when did ripping a simple CD from the music on my Smartphone
become an afternoon project???

That's cause most of the new technology is not compatible with other brands. When I upgraded to Win 10 I lost a couple of software packages and one external drive. And lets not get started on the compatibility of tablets and external storage drives. I thought it was relatively easy to do that, only to discover I had no choice but to use a computer as an enabling device to copy photos. Smart devices with a rather dumb method.

I seem to be at the age where most of my conversations with people my own age is about pensions and tax. The next stage will be conversations about medical issues and poo.

I seem to be at the age where most of my conversations with people my own age is about pensions and tax. The next stage will be conversations about medical issues and poo.

Lol
I hit medical issues 10 years ago when I started snapping tendons.

Morning everyone. :rose: Almost the Weekend!
We had some crazy heavy storms here overnight.
Hey T4T & HP. RJ where you been hiding???

Hiya lovely StarryNight
Been around but don't surface here a lot. I should come in more to such a friendly place xx

Hello fellow vintage folks! Hitting my mid 50s in a couple weeks but feel pretty good about it since I've already started my retirement countdown clock. 376 days one hour minus ;)

Hello fellow vintage folks! Hitting my mid 50s in a couple weeks but feel pretty good about it since I've already started my retirement countdown clock. 376 days one hour minus ;)

Hey Rod we've missed you! :rose:
Hugs to the family. How you been?
The boat still out on the water???

Meet the Criteria

I meet the criteria on my driver's license but try every day not to act like I am that age.

Hey Rod we've missed you! :rose:
Hugs to the family. How you been?
The boat still out on the water???

Hi Starry:rose: Family is good thanks. The Mrs. and I just got back from a vacation trip to Great Basin and Bruce Canyon National parks so the boat hasn't been out for a while but I plan on taking it out this weekend. :D
Next year after I retire I plan to spend a lot of time on it bounty fishing for pike minnow. :cool:

Lol
I hit medical issues 10 years ago when I started snapping tendons.

Yep I've done 9 years thus far on daily medication. All because I went to a doctor for my painful shoulder which wasn't treated, but the fact that I was 46 with no medical history was apparently a big deal. Since then I've lost count of the number of blood tests I've done. Was thinking of tattooing an x on the spot on my left arm so the nurses could easy find the vein. A bit alarming when they only extract water into the vial rather than blood.

Yep I've done 9 years thus far on daily medication. All because I went to a doctor for my painful shoulder which wasn't treated, but the fact that I was 46 with no medical history was apparently a big deal. Since then I've lost count of the number of blood tests I've done. Was thinking of tattooing an x on the spot on my left arm so the nurses could easy find the vein. A bit alarming when they only extract water into the vial rather than blood.

yeah I'd like a couple years break on this surgery crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back