I.M. Fauve Gallery

Thanks, Kake.
The "Without You" was made to very specific specs.:)
That is actually the 3rd version.
"no, no, no..not like THAT!":rolleyes:
(I am pretty sure this was for a poem..and therefore I had to PRY specifics from the author)


Yes, I have always had an interest in Japanese Shunga and have several books on the topic. I suppose that I do not see the exaggerations as "comical", rather as a visual metaphor for how the subjects (and viewer) are so focused on their sex (the action and the anatomy). On the other hand, some Japanese art of the same period and style is taken about 30 steps further just for comedy, for example anthropomorphized penises as sumo wrestlers.

I really like the first two versions too, have a wonderful sense of 'longing' in them. Still beautiful images even if that wasn't what they had in mind. :rose:

I didn't know that style was called 'Shunga'. And I didn't mean the art was 'comical' as it's beautiful, I guess I should have said 'metaphorically oversized' penises. ;)
I still enjoy your take on the style, always erotic. :kiss:
 
Nerd Alert

Shunga is a subset (erotic) of Ukiyo-e (images of the floating world).

A bit like how "hentai" (by Western definition) is an erotic subset of "anime" and "manga" in contemporary Japanese animation/graphic-novels.
 
hmmmm... I musta OOoOOoOooooo SHINY!
Story of my life! LOL
:catroar:

Your "Shunga Traditional" above is beautiful, would love to see it with the traditional colors too! I know you have so much spare time...;)

"Desk Set" is very hot. One of the ones I really like because it can and has really happened. 'Realistic Fantasy' :devil:

Great stuff Throbbs!
As always. :kiss:
 
Thanks, Kake!
I can always count on you for some thoughtful positive feedback. :)

I'll have to find the original of that sketch (or start over). I based the male character on some stylistic methods of actual Japanese shunga which had Western men depicted.
 
Early Santa...

Sees you when you're sleeping, sees you when you are awake...
83v
 
Last edited:
C is for "chivalry" (..."funny") :D...and a bit "sexy".
73v
 
Last edited:
C is for "chivalry" (..."funny") :D...and a bit "sexy".
attachment.php

Glad to see you have fun with that one. I like this one better. :)
 
Glad to see you have fun with that one. I like this one better. :)
heh heh. yes, this is more clever.
still... I like drawing knights, so I gave a few more minutes to the obvious one before I go get a snack.:D
71v
 
Last edited:
D is for demigoddess
68v

She's half size... a domestic goddess?;)
 
Last edited:
F is for fingers and also for First...Fingers First = Foreplay (also an F word).
74v
drawn from life. sadly, just the hand portion.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top