What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found out I got 9th place in a big short-short story competition. Since there were almost 10,000 entries, I feel pretty darn good about it. I get $100, some books and the story gets published in an anthology.

Yay!

As if I wasn't already cheerful enough with the new haircut, now this. :D

Just found out I got 9th place in a big short-short story competition. Since there were almost 10,000 entries, I feel pretty darn good about it. I get $100, some books and the story gets published in an anthology.

Yay!

Congratulations! Do we know of this story?

Today my work day had hardly begun when the UPS guy came to the door with a large box. Inside is a Maine dinner for two: clam chowder, steamer clams, and a pair of lobsters. It was sent by my very thoughtful siblings. No need for takeout pizza tonight!

Congratulations! Do we know of this story?

Thanks and nope. It was, however, inspired by a post on this board. I don't recall the name of the poster (I don't believe he's a regular) but he had fallen on hard times. One day he posted that for the first time in his life he had gone looking through trash for food and it was obviously a heart breaking and ego-challenging moment.

I tried to imagine what that would be like and...a story came out.

Today my work day had hardly begun when the UPS guy came to the door with a large box. Inside is a Maine dinner for two: clam chowder, steamer clams, and a pair of lobsters. It was sent by my very thoughtful siblings. No need for takeout pizza tonight!

Jealous.

Thanks and nope. It was, however, inspired by a post on this board. I don't recall the name of the poster (I don't believe he's a regular) but he had fallen on hard times. One day he posted that for the first time in his life he had gone looking through trash for food and it was obviously a heart breaking and ego-challenging moment.

I tried to imagine what that would be like and...a story came out.

And clearly the result was not at all a piece of garbage. :rose:

Ah, well, you had us all slobbering for a year with your daily beach life so a moment of turnabout brings a quickie smile.

Yay!

Congrats! I'd insert a surprised emoticon here, but the fact is, I'm not at all surprised. :rose:

Congrats! I'd insert a surprised emoticon here, but the fact is, I'm not at all surprised. :rose:

Thanks SW!

This also made me smile...

img.aspx

Yay!

That's way awesome... Congrats!

Waking up to that little sound my phone makes when there's a message from him. Sappy, I know, but made me smile.

Changing my fetlife relationship status together

Last nights marathon call and the things that were said

Actually our countless phone calls make me smile and what he said about them and me.

My mums reaction when I told her 'this man makes me feel happy' :):eek:
(yeah...its been a while lol and it feels so good.)

chatting to my mum about her visit. I cant wait :)

looking forward to seeing him for breakfast tomorrow and our plans for mid week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back