The Hike- Create your own adventure OOC thread

LadyDearest

Experienced
Joined
Sep 20, 2012
Posts
70
Open Casting: The Hike- Create your own adventure OOC thread

Open Casting

The Story Setup:
After winning a free hiking adventure into the Old World, everything went wrong. Halfway through your trip, you find out that your guide has been brutally murdered by someone within your group. Everyone seems to have an alibi, but one of you must be lying. You are now stranded in a land with which you are completely unfamiliar. You have no visible ways of leaving and you don’t really know any of the other people who are with you (for practicality’s sake, you all speak the same language). There are dark clouds overhead and you must gather supplies (you only have one day’s worth of food and water, as well as one simplistic medical kit from the dead guide) and you need to find a way to make some sort of shelter before the storm hits.
Before you are two choices: a set of caves and a forest. Decide where you would like to turn to and who will go with you. However, you must choose who you join forces with carefully; there is a murderer among you, who is trying to remain concealed.

The Characters:

We need a diverse group, but there must be:
• 2 women characters
• 2 men characters
• 2 additional characters (your choice of man or woman)

Within these choices, you need to pick a background:

• A cook who has knowledge of plants which will be useful for any injured players. The character will also be the doctor/healer of the group. Open age/personality option.
• A hunter/fighter. Open age/personality option.
• The intellectual/survivalist. May possess other skills. Open age/personality option.
• 3 other character options. Open age/personality options.


Notes:

This RP story is set in a fantasy world similar to our own (but with the addition of monsters, mythical beasts, etc). There are currently six RP spots and six non-controlled, expendable characters.

Almost all of this story will be collective ideas from the co-writers. You will be able to help define both the plot and the setting (will we be fighting off dragons or the plague? Maybe there is a troll with OCD who assists the characters...). It is going to be up to YOU how the story builds.
 
Last edited:
Casting:

Please note if you would be interested in joining my RP adventure. Submit your idea for a character below, as well as a link to other writing you have done. If you would prefer, send me an email with a segment of your writing included.

I am also looking for some character names/backgrounds for the non-controlled characters, of which there are six. Keep in mind that many of these "expendable" characters will be killed off.

If you sign on to RP in this thread, keep in mind that I may ask you (via PM) to have hidden motivations from time to time. Ultimately, one of your characters will end up being the killer.
 
Tossing this in here to show my interest:

Name: Ben Heinze
Age: 30
Eyes: Green
Hair: Blonde
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 230lbs
Physical description: Toned and athletic, USMC tatoo on left shoulder, scars on his chest, arms, neck and face from shrapnel.
Short Bio: Ben grew up an army brat, after graduation, he started his military carreer, refusing any and all promotions unless a General personally pinned it on him. When he survived a handgrenade explosion, which saved his squad, he was a hero, but even heroes did not serve while shrapnel was still lodged inside of them. He was still on active duty, but had to wait for a spot in the waiting roster to get all the metal surgically removed.

He can double as fighter and hunter :)
 
Tossing this in here to show my interest:

Name: Ben Heinze
Age: 30
Eyes: Green
Hair: Blonde
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 230lbs
Physical description: Toned and athletic, USMC tatoo on left shoulder, scars on his chest, arms, neck and face from shrapnel.
Short Bio: Ben grew up an army brat, after graduation, he started his military carreer, refusing any and all promotions unless a General personally pinned it on him. When he survived a handgrenade explosion, which saved his squad, he was a hero, but even heroes did not serve while shrapnel was still lodged inside of them. He was still on active duty, but had to wait for a spot in the waiting roster to get all the metal surgically removed.

He can double as fighter and hunter :)

Thanks for the quick response, Deathsknight! I think that sounds like a great character to fill the fighter/hunter requirement of the group! Does Ben suffer from any pain or disabilities due to the shrapnel?
 
Does wounded ego count? LOL

Yes he does have pain, some of the shrapnel is embedded in the bones of his torso and pressure on the cuts flesh and skin, so it will cause him pain. His left arm has limited sense of touch and feel as some of his nerve clusters there was damaged
 
Well, here goes.

Name: Danny Pentland
Age: 25
Eyes: Green/ Brown
Hair: Dark brown
Height: 6ft 1"
Weight: 200lbs
Physical Description: Not too strong, handsome features, not too many scars
Breif Bio: The always the smart one, Danny was shunned as a kid for not liking sports or being able to fight. As he grew, he gained some strength, but spends the majority of his time studying and learning. Was raised in a poor family, so isn't spoiled. Everyone calls him a know-it-all, since he can't help but share his knowledge sometimes.
 
It looks like we have at least one of the six character slots filled; and I will be filling in one of the slots as well (after everyone else has chosen a character).

We can have up to three more male characters, and we NEED to have at least two female characters.
 
Last edited:
Hey, blackpenman- would you mind sending a sample of your writing to me via pm?

I want to make certain that everyone has meshing writing styles.
 
Last edited:
Name: Dr David Black

Age: 35

Eyes: Black

Hair: Black

Height: 5”5’

Weight: 130lbs

Occupation: Cook/doctor

Appearance: David was an orphan of Asian decent but was adopted at a young age by an American couple, hence the non-asian surname. He studied and trained as a doctor in his early years. Seeking adventure and trying to broaden his intellectual horizons, David decided to study the culinary food properties of foreign cultures for their medicinal purposes and thus he travels all over the world gathering knowledge to help his profession.
 
Last edited:
Welcome to our story, Dr. David! It is a pleasure to have you!

Blackpenman- please refer to your PMs.
 
Name: Natalia Green
Age: 21
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Dark Brown
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 130lbs
Physical description: Wearing hiking boots, a yellow scarf, green long sleeved shirt and a pair of blue jeans, Natalia's short hair and sunglasses make her look like a colorful but practical hiker. She has a short curvy figure, and a natural tan, but its obvious she is a country person.
Short Bio: Natalia works as a local park ranger, having enjoyed a life of natural beauty growing up on a sheep farm, she loves spending time outside. As a park ranger, she has learned a lot about plants and animals, and the dangers associated with the Old World. Her orienteering skills are also great, and she knows how to build snares and traps, and track animals. Carrying a knife, flint, compass and not much else, she likes to pack light and make do with nature.

Hoping she can fill in the tracker role.
 
I'll be away over the weekend at last. Would you mind an mature female amongthe group? (Preferring the intellectual type.)
 
My apologies to everyone; I ended up in the hospital after coming down with the whooping cough. I just got home last night, but I think I am going to need to take a couple of days before I can get this thread up and running again.

You are good to go, DormantEvil! Belinda, would you mind sending me a PM with some of your writing?

Sorry again, all!
 
Hoping to join.

I really enjoy these kinds of stories! Do you by chance have need of an amateur ESPer/mystic? Or a supernatural creature such as a vampyre or shapeshifter? I would really love to join!
 
Is there an IC thread yet? I'm hoping I haven't totally missed the start of this, lol.
 
If someone would like to run with this...

I'm so sorry, everyone. I have been having more health complications and doubt that I will be able to work with this story for awhile (at least into the new year). :(

If someone else would like to get it rolling, I would be more than happy to hand the reigns over.

-LadyDearest
 
Character

Mick Diamond
Age-63
Vietnam Veteran
5'11"
165Lbs
Sandy Blonde Hair
Deep Blue Eyes
Long Scar down his chest and one down his left arm wounds from Vietnam
(I am a Nam Vet and was awarded a Purple Heart for those wounds in real life)
Survival Skills, ESP, and wisdom
(again I read tarot cards for real)
BIO
Served in Vietnam 1970 awarded a Purple Heart and the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry. Educated in Electronics. Very good diplomacy skills and leadership skills. Since returning from Nam kinda of a loner but started to investigate the paranormal. His weakness is woman to a certian point, they affect his decision making at times. Studied Kenpo, Tae Kwon Do and Isshinruy (again real life experiences)
 
Back
Top