When Fed's fall ~ Ember's Protector {Closed}

When Nick finally awakened, he slipped out of Ember's bed. He did not want her to wake up and find his arms around her. Not that there was anything wrong with what he had done, but he wanted to make sure that Ember did not think that he was doing something inappropriate. Nick stood next to the bed for a moment and looked down at Ember. She was beautiful, and for the first time in he didn't no how long, she was resting peacefully. After a couple of minutes, Nick turned to leave the room. He would prepare her a nice breakfast for her first full day here.
 
She eventually made her way out into the kitchen in time. She watched him for a moment before she spoke.

I... it was comforting to... be held like that. I don't know how we ended up that way but it was... comforting and... nice.

She smiled a little as she moved to the table to sit down.
 
"I am not sure how we ended up like that, but I thought it was nice too. I just want you to know that you are safe and nothing that you don't want to happen to you will happen to you. I am going to take very good care of you."

Nick finished making breakfast for Ember and then took it over and sat it on the table in front of her. "Would you like coffee, tea, or juice to drink Ember?" He smiled at her as he waited for her answer. He enjoyed looking at her beautiful face.
 
Okay and... I...I didn't mind us waking up like that.

She smiled brushing g some hair back behind her ear.

Coffee will be fine.
 
"There are no complaints from my end either Ember. It was nice to wake up like that." Nick poured her a cup of coffee and walked it over to her. He sat it down on the table in front of her and leaned over and kissed the top of her head. "Cream and sugar are right there. Enjoy your breakfast." Nick sat across from Ember and watched as she began to eat.
 
Ember quickly began to eat and drink the coffee. Still a little on edge she did notice him watch her and she thought back to waking to find him holding her and her curled to him freely.

I... I don't know if I will ever fully be over what all happened but I... I am glad you... that you did not end up like others who tried to help anyone escape.
 
Nick smiled at Ember. "I am glad I didn't end up like them too." He laughed a little. "I am sure that none of them had the resources I do, and that doesn't include the fact that I was a law enforcement agent on assignment to bring down that criminal empire. You changed my focus there. After a while, all I cared about was making sure that you were okay, and that you got out safely. I am glad you did."
 
And you lucked out from the sound of the news thst someone took him out for you and your people

She bit her lip a little a little worried it was all son elaborate trick on Makzim's part.
 
"No, my dear. Someone didn't take him out for me and my people. One of my people took him out for you. Eliminating him was the only way that I could keep you safe. It had to be done." He stood up to pour himself some coffee. He stroked her cheek softly. "What else can I get for you Ember."
 
The is fine.

She smiled it was strange to think that Makzim was actually gone... more than gone... dead.

So what should we do today?
 
"What would you like to do? We can go for a long walk around the grounds. There is plenty of open space and it is a nice day out. We can go shopping if you want to get some things. The choice is all yours." Nick sat down across the table from Ember, took a sip of his coffee and smiled at her. He wanted her to feel comfortable.
 
A walk sounds good. Not sure I want to risk anyone recognizing me or causing problems.

She bit her lip and reached out for his hand.
 
"nobody is going to recognize you. Nobody is going to see you. The only problem that you would cause would be that if someone did see us that they would be wondering how someone like me could be walking with someone as beautiful and sexy as you." He winked at her. "Come on. Let's go. The fresh air will do you good."
 
I meant if we went shopping. I guess I am a little worried if we went out so walking around here is okay... lets go.

She looked to him and smiled a little.
 
Nick put his hands on her hips and looked into Ember's eyes. "You are going to be fine. When we do go shopping, we will make sure that you wear sunglasses and a hat, so, nobody will recognize you. Maybe, if you want, I will take you to a salon and you can get yourself a makeover. It could represent you moving on with your life."
 
That... yeah I... I would like that.

She smiled looking at his eyes as she relaxed a little more.
 
They walked around the property for over an hour....chatting idly as they went. Nick tried to get information from Ember about her past, but she didn't share much. It disappointed him, because he liked her, but he also understood. When they got back to the house he asked if she wanted to spend the rest of the day at the salon getting a makeover.
 
Back
Top