The Official Authors' Hangout National Nude Day 2017 Contest Support Thread

If you need some original starting-points... I remember you mentioning something about 'Sex while in freefall skydiving' in the past... I think that's all yours! :D

LOL. I remember that!!!! Have to jump in summer tho, it gets cold up there!!!! And it would suit Noirtrash, coz it'd have to be hard and fast - a bit less than 5-6 minutes for sure.

ROTFLMAO. No problem about birth control. The jerk when the chute opens should take care of that. Just watch out below :eek:

Okay Mission Control, we have a story. Nude skydiving competition, with lust overwhelming two of the participants. Now if the female was married, we could maybe work this in to LW as well, just for some heightened excitement! :cool:

It wasn't what I was thinking but hey, I could do that as well for laughs. Thx Ruben :cattail:

Or... is it? ;)

Hey, Chloe! Look over there! What in the world could that be?
....
*sets furiously to work on skydiving story with rivals cleverly distracted*

LOL. Go for it. I'd love to see a few variations on that one!

"Sex at Terminal Velocity" springs to mind
 
Last edited:
My story is 98% complete, just need to make some sex act descriptions a little more baroque.

Back during my early days on Lit, when I first considered the possibility that I might actually be able to write an erotic story, I never thought I’d enter one of the themed contests. After all, getting any story written was a hurdle in itself, much less needing to adhere to a pre-set theme. Last year I was working on the story that became “Trailing Along,” which has its initial scenes at a ski resort, and had a moment of clarity: hey, I can enter the Winter Holidays contest, and I don’t have to have Santa Claus and presents.

My Nude Day story didn’t have that theme at first, which was about 6 months ago when future contests weren’t even on my radar. As a tale of a female character’s transformation, from prim and awkward to sexually uninhibited, the public nudity ingredient serves as a convenient way to get this started, much in the way that RR stated earlier. But as one who embraces reality rather than rejecting it, the challenge then became how you plausibly get the character into a setting where this is a possibility, plus actually having her go through with it and not be ashamed afterward but invigorated.
 
Okay - if there is going to be more than one story coming...

It is inspiring - I lost my moose while working on a Nude Day story, but maybe I can trade it for a goose now?

"Done in 60 seconds" came up to me. Or, "Leaving the Mile-High Club"...

"Dropping In"
"Going Down Again..."
"The Fast and the Furious"
"Pulling Out..."
"My Pussy/Dick Got Frostbite, Doc"
"Target Practice"
"Sunset Load"

I do like this. And if anyone else wants to have fun with this one, please, help yourselves.
 
"Blue Sky Misters"
"Cloud Sixty-Nine"
"The Windfuckers"

"Gone with the Wind"
"Around the World in 80 Seconds" (a real challenge)

There must be some Air Force air to air refueling slang that'd be good for this as well, where the fighters hook up with those tanker aircraft
 
"Gone with the Wind"
"Around the World in 80 Seconds" (a real challenge)

There must be some Air Force air to air refueling slang that'd be good for this as well, where the fighters hook up with those tanker aircraft

Or aviation slang for a job well done. "Sierra Hotel," "Bravo Zulu." Or combining aviation slang for, say, the rear part of an aircraft carrier with one of these terms: "Sierra Hotel in the Spud Locker."
 
"Gone with the Wind"
"Around the World in 80 Seconds" (a real challenge)

There must be some Air Force air to air refueling slang that'd be good for this as well, where the fighters hook up with those tanker aircraft

I think they call it "passing gas," but it's an awfully sexual-looking operation.
 
One of these years I'll get that Bastille Day story out of the way.
 
I started off trying to come up with a fun, plausible scenario for this contest and then was just like, "Nope, fuck it." My goal is to see how much crazy I can get away with by the end of the story. I was discussing the contest with the bf the other day and he pretty much told me, "Really? You're going to write that? It would never happen." And I'm like, "Yeah, I know, it's gonna be insanity!"

Heh. I can't wait.
(Wonder if there'll be any entries from the Non-Human crowd.)
 

Guess I'll have to settle for being second to the party.

I started this year's Nude Day story back in 2012, but let it lapse at the time because it just plain wasn't very good. But when going back over old bits I dusted it off at the beginning of this year, gave it another shot, and now it's...well, much better than it used to be, that much I'm certain of. I guess we'll see how good that really turns out to be though.
 
And God said, "Let there be flesh." And there was flesh. And God said, "Cover it up. That's disgusting and obscene." And there was virtue. And the world suffered for it.
 
I just finished the first draft of my story. Almost 4 000 words and I guess that, if I don't make too many changes and be careful when adding extra material, it might also be suitable for the other thread

Well, I'm half way thru mine. No sky diving although I might try that as a quick one after this. Anyhow, the one I'm rushing thru is called "The Temptation of Sammi Woo" - I was working on it last year and put it aside but with some rewriting it fits the Nude Day theme quite well.
 
There are rules & there are rules

If you have to ask for ideas are you going to be original? Can you claim to have imagination? Where is the experience? Aren't these things the essence of most good writing? With out them it is difficult to claim to be a good writer. Are you a good transcriber or a good writer?

There are very few Shakespeares who copy and produce gold.

I'd be too embarrassed to ask. My story is ready. It is original. All of my stories are. It breaks rules. There's always risk- the risk that it won't work, but isn't that what it's always about, what the excitement of it is? It's got to be a lot better than entering some one else's story.


If it breaks a literotica rule such as underage then you can't use it. If it breaks a nude day story rule then it might still be entered. I went against type a couple of years ago and decided to write a Valentine's story about a divorce and a Nude day story with no nudity but they fit their categories and did fine. If the story is good and original I wouldn't worry.
 
If it breaks a literotica rule such as underage then you can't use it. If it breaks a nude day story rule then it might still be entered. I went against type a couple of years ago and decided to write a Valentine's story about a divorce and a Nude day story with no nudity but they fit their categories and did fine. If the story is good and original I wouldn't worry.

The only downside of breaking the 'rules' of subject matter is that some readers could object, downvote and leave a negative but reasonable comment that influences other readers. I had that reaction for a Halloween contest story featuring costumes and ghosts but not the traditional US-style 'Halloween' itself.

As I have pointed out before, these are story contests. The rules mean that you can't enter a poem.
 
Wait, so readers actually care about the writer contests? Like, they're not just going about their usual business, reading and rating like any other day, they go hardcore on the judging? It's my first contest and I can honestly say, I was not expecting that. Also, how are readers even able to tell which stories count as entries and which do not? From what I understood, you're only required to identify entries to the mods in the notes, not to the readers in the actual body of the story. Did I miss something?

Yes - the contest stories appear in a link on the front page of Literotica.

That is one reason why many contest entries get more attention and for longer than a fleeting appearance on the New list.
 
Yes - the contest stories appear in a link on the front page of Literotica.

That is one reason why many contest entries get more attention and for longer than a fleeting appearance on the New list.

And there's a contest page with all the stories. Readers do go there and yo do get readers reading stories in categories they wouldn't normally read. The end result is a lots more views and exposure.
 
And there's a contest page with all the stories. Readers do go there and yo do get readers reading stories in categories they wouldn't normally read. The end result is a lots more views and exposure.

And a lot more excitement and drama in this forum.

I've only ever written one contest story. It was a complete piss-take inspired by all of the conspiracy theorists and bullshit artists who came out of the woodwork two years ago - it was my first year on Lit and I could not believe the toxic bile that was going back and forth related to contests, absolutely extraordinary. It's more civilised now, thank god, but oh boy, what a carry-on back then - go read the 2015 Contest Threads, especially the NND one. That was the one that exploded, from memory. Around then was when the AHMod was introduced, and some of the worst offenders wandered off, never to be seen again. It's less dusty now, the occasional hose-down keeps the place tidier.

That's when I first learned all about the contest sweeps, and all of the gaming and vote rigging that (allegedly) went on. At one stage my story was shedding scores and votes so fast it would have ended up with a perfect Red H 5 with zero votes. It was ridiculous, scores and votes going up and down like a yo-yo. Ironically, the story actually did OK in the end, mainly because a lot of people got it, and it was actually quite funny.

Contests are a bit of a blood sport, they can bring out the worst in some folk. And the best. The best are very good stories where the writers left their egos at the door. The worst is where folk can't get their heads through the door :)

My only problem with the contests now is I can never write to a deadline, the topics are always northern hemisphere centric (you try writing "traditional" snowy Christmas stuff when you're sitting through the third heat wave of an Oz summer) and Halloween bores me to tears. And drop bears ain't sexy. Sharp claws, though.
 
Back
Top