Role Playing

Jada59

Literotica Guru
I don't understand this. Obviously it appeals to some people. I have tried it a few times and failed yet again. It just doesn't seem to appeal to me. Yes I talk dirty to some people but... There is more of a background there. Before we start talking dirty, we have an actual conversation, sometimes with dirty bits in there but the difference is... We are always ourselves, unless perhaps we stray down some other path in a joking manner.

So... How does one successfully do this? And what is appealing about it?

Thanks!

Well done, role play takes fantasy to the next level.

If you are the haptical type, it's not for you. If you like your mind fucked almost more than the real thing, role play is for you. Of course, you get technically more skilled with experience. But that's not crucial for success. Playing with a kind of naive newbie can be hot too for the other one, if both are new, they can just try everything they want: It's not about techniques.

Well done, role play takes fantasy to the next level.

If you are the haptical type, it's not for you. If you like your mind fucked almost more than the real thing, role play is for you. Of course, you get technically more skilled with experience. But that's not crucial for success. Playing with a kind of naive newbie can be hot too for the other one, if both are new, they can just try everything they want: It's not about techniques.

Hmmm... Thanks for the explanation but I still don't get it. One of my male friends said I am too straight forward for it. I do have a very good imagination and I can have orgasms in a variety of ways, including astral projection sex and just with my own thoughts or using my muscles.

I think one problem I have had is that the other person didn't take the time to know my likes and dislikes and will work something in there that either leaves me flat or flat out turns me off. Then I can't get into it at all.

I'm with you, my wife has expressed interest in this but when we actually try we end up laughing and can't "get into it", although I think we both would like it at least once in a while. My plan is to just keep trying now and then, like most things it will probably just "click" eventually.

I'm with you, my wife has expressed interest in this but when we actually try we end up laughing and can't "get into it", although I think we both would like it at least once in a while. My plan is to just keep trying now and then, like most things it will probably just "click" eventually.

I tried it once with my ex husband. We were not married yet. I showed up at his place in sheer lingerie and heels with a trench coat over it all. He was mortified.

He ordered pizza. I reclined on the couch, fully intending to be like that when the pizza guy arrived. He freaked and kept begging me to put clothes on. I refused. So when the pizza guy arrived, he shoved me into the bathroom, shut the door and tried to keep it shut while he answered the door. This didn't work well because the door wasn't close enough to the bathroom.

Afterwards, he told me that he'd be the pizza guy. For some reason, to be the pizza guy, he put on his bathrobe with nothing underneath it. He had lost the belt to the robe so put on a brown leather belt so people couldn't see his goodies.

Then he went out in the hallway with the pizza, and shut the door. I locked it.

He immediately began screaming and banging on the door, begging me to let him in so the neighbors wouldn't see. Which of course, they did see because I waited a good 5 minutes before I did let him in, and they heard the yelling so looked out.

He looked like a hysterical fool when I let him in, so I laughed. He found nothing comical about it. And no, we did not have sex that night. He was too angry.

Thing is... Him pretending to be the pizza guy did nothing for me at all. I wanted to be seen by the real pizza guy in my lingerie. That would have turned me on.

I tried it once with my ex husband. We were not married yet. I showed up at his place in sheer lingerie and heels with a trench coat over it all. He was mortified.

He ordered pizza. I reclined on the couch, fully intending to be like that when the pizza guy arrived. He freaked and kept begging me to put clothes on. I refused. So when the pizza guy arrived, he shoved me into the bathroom, shut the door and tried to keep it shut while he answered the door. This didn't work well because the door wasn't close enough to the bathroom.

Afterwards, he told me that he'd be the pizza guy. For some reason, to be the pizza guy, he put on his bathrobe with nothing underneath it. He had lost the belt to the robe so put on a brown leather belt so people couldn't see his goodies.

Then he went out in the hallway with the pizza, and shut the door. I locked it.

He immediately began screaming and banging on the door, begging me to let him in so the neighbors wouldn't see. Which of course, they did see because I waited a good 5 minutes before I did let him in, and they heard the yelling so looked out.

He looked like a hysterical fool when I let him in, so I laughed. He found nothing comical about it. And no, we did not have sex that night. He was too angry.

Thing is... Him pretending to be the pizza guy did nothing for me at all. I wanted to be seen by the real pizza guy in my lingerie. That would have turned me on.

Lmao!!!!
I’m not into role playing either but I am quite certain tos is not how it’s done.

Everyone has their kinks on lit. It sounds like exhibitionism is yours but RP is not. I haven't done IRL RP, but I understand it. Imagine you're with a person for a long time and do not have an open relationship. So, you want to spice things up by pretending to be other people (Think Clive and Juliana in Modern Family). It's an easy way to 'screw' another person while staying with your significant other.

However, for me, I think I'd need more dedication than my guy in a bathrobe (although that could be fun). I'd want to go out in public, wear a wig/dress differently than I normally do and have my guy approach me, dressed differently than he is. Pretend to be different people (but normal) and see where it goes ;)

Everyone has their kinks on lit. It sounds like exhibitionism is yours but RP is not. I haven't done IRL RP, but I understand it. Imagine you're with a person for a long time and do not have an open relationship. So, you want to spice things up by pretending to be other people (Think Clive and Juliana in Modern Family). It's an easy way to 'screw' another person while staying with your significant other.

However, for me, I think I'd need more dedication than my guy in a bathrobe (although that could be fun). I'd want to go out in public, wear a wig/dress differently than I normally do and have my guy approach me, dressed differently than he is. Pretend to be different people (but normal) and see where it goes ;)

I assume you are referring to some TV show. I'm just guessing as I don't watch TV.

I had forgotten until just now but that same guy always wanted us to dress like nerds and go to a bar and pretend that it was our first meeting. He said he and his ex did it and it was really funny. Didn't sound funny to me at all! Just sounded stupid and no way would I do it.

I have done acting. I love that but it doesn't equate to sexuality at all for me. It's more the thrill of being in the limelight and entertaining people.

If I'm having RL sex, I want to be me and I want him to be him. Same for online but... Sometimes I like to pretend that another guy is there or someone is watching. I don't think that's the same thing as RP though.

I assume you are referring to some TV show. I'm just guessing as I don't watch TV.

If I'm having RL sex, I want to be me and I want him to be him. Same for online but... Sometimes I like to pretend that another guy is there or someone is watching. I don't think that's the same thing as RP though.

Ha. It sounds like RP just isn't for you.

But, on 'Clive and Juliana' in 'Modern Family' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6--ce2OEcI

I had forgotten until just now but that same guy always wanted us to dress like nerds and go to a bar and pretend that it was our first meeting. He said he and his ex did it and it was really funny. Didn't sound funny to me at all! Just sounded stupid and no way would I do it.

I have done acting. I love that but it doesn't equate to sexuality at all for me. It's more the thrill of being in the limelight and entertaining people.

I don't think an imagined voyeur is the same as role play, it's certainly something I imagine sometimes as I masturbate.

Anybody? Bueller?

Well my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with this girl who saw Ferris roleplaying on his laptop at 31 Flavors last night. He said its a way to play act as somebody totally different than yourself.

It's really not for me either, I enjoy being me, hunting vampires when I am not listening to my economics teacher's monotone.

Simone aka Buffy aka Jamie

Last edited:
Well my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with this girl who saw Ferris roleplaying on his laptop at 31 Flavors last night. He said its a way to play act as somebody totally different than yourself.

It's really not for me either, I enjoy being me, hunting vampires when I am not listening to my economics teacher's monotone.

Simone aka Jamie

Thanks!

Does titillating repartee in chat get the genes jumping? It isn't RP but imagination seems to be required.

Do you find yourself being a a little loose with facts in your chats with those unknown to you? And might they do the same?
That is probably a poor attempt to find parallels between RP and chat.

Do you find yourself being a a little loose with facts in your chats with those unknown to you? And might they do the same?
That is probably a poor attempt to find parallels between RP and chat.

What do you mean by loose with facts? I am an open book if that's what you mean.

When I chat, if it goes into the sexual realm, it's more like... I want to do this or that to you and vice versa. But prior to the sex stuff, we have either read some of each other's posts or a least discussed likes and dislikes.

The few times I tried to RP...and I might add that I wasn't always clued in, in advance that we were in fact RPing, the other person clearly had an agenda ahead of time.

It seemed like they wanted me to say certain things but when I didn't say those things, they disliked it. In one instance, I was supposed to describe what this woman in the story looked like and in intricate detail. I just made stuff up because details like that don't matter to me. The couple was also supposed to have sex in a place where sex most likely would not happen because...security cams. It was a type of place where I had worked and I flat out know that it wasn't possible.

Another time, despite the other person asking for a description of my room and a few pics, he told me to get into positions that were physically impossible. Then he asked me to do things to myself that weren't remotely stimulating and for a long period of time. My brain began shutting down from boredom and it showed.

The most recent time, he was doing things to me that I'm not into and unlike chatting, the messages were sporadic. I wasn't turned on and so much time elapsed between the messages that I had moved on to other stuff.

Last edited:
Role play can be fun if it is well paced and there is a mutual connection of sone sort. Just like sexy chat but with a difgerent location or chance meeting of two kindered souls.

Have fun Jada, you deserve to.

What do you mean by loose with facts? I am an open book if that's what you mean.

When I chat, if it goes into the sexual realm, it's more like... I want to do this or that to you and vice versa. But prior to the sex stuff, we have either read some of each other's posts or a least discussed likes and dislikes.

The few times I tried to RP...and I might add that I wasn't always clued in, in advance that we were in fact RPing, the other person clearly had an agenda ahead of times.

It seemed like they wanted me to say certain things but when I didn't say those things, they disliked it. In one instance, I was supposed to describe what this woman in the story looked like and in intricate detail. I just made stuff up because details like that don't matter to me. The couple was also supposed to have sex in a place where sex most likely would not happen because...security cams. It was a type of place where I had worked and I flat out know that it wasn't possible.

Another time, despite the other person asking for a description of my room and a few pics, he told me to get into positions that were physically impossible. Then he asked me to do things to myself that weren't remotely stimulating and for a long period of time. My brain began shutting down from boredom and it showed.

The most recent time, he was doing things to me that I'm not into and unlike chatting, the messages were sporadic. I wasn't turned on and so much time elapsed between the messages that I had moved on to other stuff.
Seems to me that you've had several partners that were a total mis-match, which rarely works, whether in an RP or IRL sex.
But one point that you made is very important in my experience: if the two partners know something of each others like/dislikes, favorite things, interests and turnoffs, the changes of a good experience are so much better!

Seems to me that you've had several partners that were a total mis-match, which rarely works, whether in an RP or IRL sex.
But one point that you made is very important in my experience: if the two partners know something of each others like/dislikes, favorite things, interests and turnoffs, the changes of a good experience are so much better!

Ahhh. Thanks!

Role play can be fun if it is well paced and there is a mutual connection of sone sort. Just like sexy chat but with a difgerent location or chance meeting of two kindered souls.

Have fun Jada, you deserve to.

Thanks!

As suggested, the essence of role play and, for that matter, chatting about intimate matters, is to be sensitive to the other person and do, rather say, things that enhance the sexual relationship or tension.

As suggested, the essence of role play and, for that matter, chatting about intimate matters, is to be sensitive to the other person and do, rather say, things that enhance the sexual relationship or tension.

Thanks!

After reading a bit in your Online Jack and Jill Party, the feeling is overwhelming that you not not have a talent for suggestive writing but that your talent could be used in role playing with telling and devastating effect on one's libido!!!

Back