Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Halloween and know that somehow, next year, I'll be running wild with all 4 of my favorite ghoul and goblin girls.

~~~~

Even though she's far away, I'm happy knowing that somewhere in New England tonight, there's a crazy robed woman running around spooking small children and she's all mine.

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

~lucky

lucky-E-leven said:
I love Halloween and know that somehow, next year, I'll be running wild with all 4 of my favorite ghoul and goblin girls.

~~~~

Even though she's far away, I'm happy knowing that somewhere in New England tonight, there's a crazy robed woman running around spooking small children and she's all mine.

~lucky

What are you dressed as, little girl?

lucky-E-leven said:

~~~~

~lucky

Awwwwwww. :rose:

Edward Teach said:
What are you dressed as, little girl?

I don't know what you call it exactly, but the shirt must be a little too tight because at three of the houses we went to the guys manning the candy bowls emptied them into my daughter's pumpkin.

;)

~lucky

lucky-E-leven said:
I don't know what you call it exactly, but the shirt must be a little too tight because at three of the houses we went to the guys manning the candy bowls emptied them into my daughter's pumpkin.

;)

~lucky

:devil: Good choice.....:D

lucky-E-leven said:

;)

~lucky

I can dig it. Ours was last night. I ain't gotten over the mama dressed in the Star Trek spandex body suit thingy yet. I don't know what she was, but she was a good 'un. :D

Ed

Is it "dike" or "dyke?" I'm not up to date on my lesbian vocabulary. In Dutch it would be "dijk," but then the story would be about structures built to prevent the sea from flooding the landscape, not lesbians.

My English spelling has gone to hell ever since I learned to read/speak/write Dutch.

Who am I kidding, I don't know how to write a lesbian story, and I wouldn't want to insult my lesbian friends by trying. :( I don't know any gay men. Maybe I should write a gay men story instead.

Gay for a Day?

Oy vey. :rolleyes:

McKenna, join the rest of the female gay authors. Some of them are very, very fine, SlickTony is one. You won't insult us. Promise.

It's "Dyke", my lesbian friends say.

McKenna said:
Is it "dike" or "dyke?" I'm not up to date on my lesbian vocabulary. In Dutch it would be "dijk," but then the story would be about structures built to prevent the sea from flooding the landscape, not lesbians.

My English spelling has gone to hell ever since I learned to read/speak/write Dutch.

Who am I kidding, I don't know how to write a lesbian story, and I wouldn't want to insult my lesbian friends by trying. :( I don't know any gay men. Maybe I should write a gay men story instead.

Gay for a Day?

Oy vey. :rolleyes:

It's Dyke. Dike is what you call a levee.

Personally, I think you can write whatever moves you. Lesbian isn't all that much different from any other scene you write, unless you make it out to be in your head. I don't think anyone would take offense to you trying the genre, I would personally bemore than happy to help with ideas, suggestions, an extra set of eyes, whatever you needed.

:rose:

Colleen Thomas said:
It's Dyke. Dike is what you call a levee.

Personally, I think you can write whatever moves you. Lesbian isn't all that much different from any other scene you write, unless you make it out to be in your head. I don't think anyone would take offense to you trying the genre, I would personally bemore than happy to help with ideas, suggestions, an extra set of eyes, whatever you needed.

:rose:

And Colly's very good at helping, I promise. My one lesbian story wouldn't exist if not for Colly and Lucky, and it hasn't gotten slammed too hard.

Colleen Thomas said:
I would personally bemore than happy to help with ideas, suggestions, an extra set of eyes, whatever you needed.

:rose: Thank you, dear.

Blurt:
HealthyChoice fudge-pops are the best.

lucky-E-leven said:

~~~~

~lucky

theres a light at the end of the tunnel and i can actually see it. fabulous!
had a blast but know it would have been much better if you had been there to fill out my robe (but ofcourse, while i was wearing it):rose:

impressive said:
What is the origin of this word? I've always wondered.

im sure its not the final say but this is what i found:

This term for a lesbian is a clipped form of bulldyker, an American slang term that dates to at least 1906. The clipped form dyke doesn't appear until 1931. The origin is unknown, but the fact that bulldyker is the earliest known form by several decades limits the possibilities significantly.

Douglas Wilson, in Comments on Etymology, Vol. 31, No. 9, May 2002, outlines an interesting hypothesis. He speculates that it may be from Boadicea, the Celtic warrior queen who led the ancient Britons in battle against the Romans. Boadicea's name is also commonly spelled Boudicca or Boudica--forms which can be easily corrupted into bulldyker. The metaphor of an Amazon-like warrior queen for a man-like woman is clear. Boudicca's true sexual orientation is irrelevant (and impossible to determine after two millenia); what is important is the image and the metaphor. Wilson suggests the appearance of the term at the turn of the 20th century may coincide with a renewed interest in the story of Boudicca. A famous London statue of Boudicca in a chariot was dedicated in 1902 and Queen Victoria's death in 1901 invited many comparisons with past English queens, including Boudicca.

Wilson is not the first to make this leap. Judy Grahn suggested in her 1984 book Another Mother Tongue that Boudicca may be the inspiration for bulldyker. But Grahn suggests that that the term dates to Boudicca's days, which is completely untenable. The term is recent, even if the source of its inspiration is old. (Note that the Boudicca hypothesis is speculation. It's interesting, but speculation nonetheless.)

The word is apparently unrelated to dike, meaning an earthen bank used to hold back or control the flow of water, a dam. This sense of dike dates to the 13th century and probably comes from the Old Norse dik.

impressive said:
Thanks, Vella.

I was too lazy to Google myself :p

i figured as much. what are friends for if not to google when they dont wanna?!

:p back atcha

vella_ms said:
theres a light at the end of the tunnel and i can actually see it. fabulous!
had a blast but know it would have been much better if you had been there to fill out my robe (but ofcourse, while i was wearing it):rose:

Thank goodness. :rose:
and
It'll happen. ;)

~lucky

The Author's Hangout is nothing more than a mini GB (General Board.)

Last edited:
rhinoguy said:
all the drama, and back stabbing and pettiness, flirting, and ignoring, and cybering and PMing in one condensed package..where everyone knows all the players.

BLURT: I am SO freakin' oblivious. :p

rhinoguy said:
AIN'T IT cozy!?

all the drama, and back stabbing and pettiness, flirting, and ignoring, and cybering and PMing in one condensed package..where everyone knows all the players.

It's nice to be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back