Have you ever . . .?

SweetWitch

Green Goddess
Have you ever had a random thought that didn't feel like it came from you, that felt like someone else had put it in your brain?

Have you ever had a random thought that didn't feel like it came from you, that felt like someone else had put it in your brain?

Can't say that I have had that happen. But...

I did use to have what I called "Testing Dreams." Where it felt like my morals and character were being tested by the situations I was dreaming about.

Would I be willing to kill?

Would I be willing to die for someone I loved?

Would I stand by and let someone I loved be killed?

Had them for about a year then they stopped and they never at any time felt like they were just something I would normally dream about.

They felt like a test.

Okay.

When you're alone, have you ever heard someone say your name, whispered like a the beat of a hummingbird's wings?

Okay.

When you're alone, have you ever heard someone say your name, whispered like a the beat of a hummingbird's wings?

No, but sometimes, out of the corner of my eye, I see one of our dogs which have passed away, but when I look that way there is nothing there.

My wife sometimes does too, but a lot less frequently than I.

I miss them all. :(

Some would call this spooky, but I think it's them not being able to let go...ghosts of doggies past, hanging out. :)

No, but sometimes, out of the corner of my eye, I see one of our dogs which have passed away, but when I look that way there is nothing there.

Some would call this spooky, but I think it's them not being able to let go...ghosts of doggies past, hanging out. :)

As long as they don't fight each other for your attention...

We have a poodle haunting our house. The first owner had poodles and I think one of them stayed behind.

We have three small dogs. I'll let three little dogs out. I open the door and three little dogs come running in. Then in a few minutes I hear barking on the back porch, one of mine is still outside.

Felt a dog jump up in the bed and lay down next to me one night. I told her to get under the blanket go to sleep.

and my wife in the computer room called out

"All the girls are in here."

:eek:

Probably not the same and probably nothing more than stupid coincidence - however, I'm consistently amazed with the amount of serendipity in my life. Seems to happen all the time. My favorite in recent years was when I was stuck out-of-town on an extended road trip and playing catch-up on the phone with my (then) 15 year old daughter. She asked me if I believed in magic, real magic. Like palm readers and fortune tellers and the sort. I felt as if she was asking me, "Is Santa Claus real?"

I fumbled around with a non-answer before bursting out laughing as a van drove by me with a vivid painted panel that read: "Madam Fortune, Palm Reader"

For what it's worth, I used to do magic, professionally. (Think "David Copperfield Wanna-be.") I also worked in radio, on-air and selling ads. One of my clients was a palm reader. She was as hokey as they come. Beaded curtains, faux marble plastic pillars, black, permed ringlets to her hair, gold chains, etc. The first day I met with her, she asked me a very fake and very thick Roma accent, "Do you believe in magic?" I laughed. I couldn't help myself. And I told her, "Whether I believe or not, I've done it professionally for the last eight years. Can we talk about your ad?" From that moment onward, we got along famously.

As long as they don't fight each other for your attention...

No, none of them show up at the same time. They take turns.

We have a poodle haunting our house. The first owner had poodles and I think one of them stayed behind.

We have three small dogs. I'll let three little dogs out. I open the door and three little dogs come running in. Then in a few minutes I hear barking on the back porch, one of mine is still outside.

Felt a dog jump up in the bed and lay down next to me one night. I told her to get under the blanket go to sleep.

and my wife in the computer room called out

"All the girls are in here."

:eek:

See, now that's scary. At least I know my ghosts and they listen when I tell them to do something. ;)

Last edited:
No, I never, except after taking jimson weed (datura) and entering an alternate reality.

Most of my stories take that on once I start writing. I get a basic idea and next thing you know this happens then that and here comes a character and detail I never thought of.

I'll explain the story to my wife and she'll say "Can't wait to find out what happens next. My answer of Neither can I is not all a joke,

I believe in the Muse and also stated my theory is that subconsciously we already know the whole story and it gets fed to us as we slip into the "zone" and are no longer completely in the conscious world.

Okay.

When I was in my late teens and early twenties I dabbled in the occult and got in over my head. There was a seance gone bad and over 20 years later I still have occasional nightmares and once in awhile hear something whispering behind me and can "feel" someone watching me.

For the first few months after it happened every time I opened a door to go into a room or pulled the shower curtain back I was convinced something was going to be there.

I saw a lot of Doctor Daniels back then:rolleyes:

Yes, but I'm not sure "random" is the right word.
Ever watch NCIS ? If you do, you may be familiar with what I call the "Gibbs flick"; a sudden gentle striking on the back of the head. It was during my radio-therapy treatment; no strange drugs, but sat on the sofa watching TV and trying not to let the pain get in the way, I felt the 'flick'.
And you know that magical rainbow thing from Disney, dark blue background and a white/gold arc across the field of vision?
I got that and an idea "I shall fear no pain, for I walk in the footsteps of my God" written across that arc.
It has kept me 'sane' & relatively calm ever since.

Oh yeah, that happens all the time but the voices tell me not to talk about it. :eek::cool::eek:

Where do you think I get my plots from?

I blame my Muses.

Jeanne D'Artois has Martha the Ghost to tell Laundry Tales.

I once was falling asleep, and 'saw' a perfectly ordinary room, sunlit and peaceful, and hear a door close. Not a slam or a bang, just a nice, solid "K-chunk." I sat up in total terror. It took me a long time to get back to sleep, I kept remembering hearing that door close and would be terrified all over again.

I've often thought about it since-- the way our neurons can misfire sometimes.

Thirty years ago I bought a copy of FROGS INTO PRINCES by Bandler & Grinder, then devoured all their books (THE STRUCTURE OF MAGIC is an excellent writing tutorial), collected every book and article about Milton Erickson MD, Virginia Satir, and others, and learned to do hypnosis and what we call influencing with integrity. By that I mean, if my shift replacement is habitually late I quietly re-direct them without quarrels and collision.

I also learned how to increase my sensitivity several orders of magnitude, and use micro-responses in my fingers to decode interactions with others. And plenty of what I harvest is bizarre but accurate. It takes a while to trust the info, tho.

Once, very briefly, I was absolutely certain that as time progressed we grew younger. This wasn't some odd realisation, it appeared as a fact while I thought about other things, and following that brief bit of nonsense I spent a considerable time wondering why I'd thought it. I had been on the gin though.

Of course.

If I only had my own thoughts, I'd never get anywhere. Those 'other' thoughts are usually the catalyst for something.

Back