Random Gamer Silliness

Status
Not open for further replies.
My actual problem with people exploring the afterlife, Heaven in particular, is that it really alters morality in a serious serious way.

Why are the brothers so concerned about saving the world? As much as I hate Zachariah he had a really really good point about the chain of events had the brothers just played along. They never give a good reason why this isn't true.

1. Both say yes.
2. Lucifer and Micheal fight 50% of the population is killed.
3. 50% of the population instantly goes to Heaven (or Hell if appropriate)
4. Profit!!!!

When you don't know for sure if there is a heaven life and death hold real consequences. You're damn right I'll shoot a terrorist to defend human life. When I die I'm gonna rot in the ground and that's it. I want to live. If I know there's a heaven and you're holding a gun to my loved one's head the fuck do I care? Hell if I want you dead I might just shoot you through them. I'm doing them a favor. Me I'll miss them until I die but. . .yeah. It's completely different.

I liked the line in Buffy. "We have to try/We'll pay the price/
It's do or die/ Hey, I've died twice"

It kinda had to happen, you can't explore the realities or heaven or hell after establishing them as real unless you go there.

I also really love Ash.

Ash: This ain't the first time you been here. I mean, you boys die more than anyone I have ever met.
Dean Winchester: Really?
Ash: Ahh, yeah, you don't remember. God! Angels... must have Windexed your brains.

Pamela Barnes: [slaps Dean on the side of his head] That's for getting me killed.
Dean Winchester: Yeah, that's probably less than I deserve. If it makes you feel any better, we got Ash killed too.
Ash: [Clicks fingers and makes the horns gesture] *I'm cool with it!*
Dean Winchester: He's cool with it.

Also from Goodbye Stranger:

examining the contents ot the "Men of Letters" vault.

Dean: The Spear of Destiny? What is this, God's toothpick?

-or-

Dean: Listen, I may not be able to carry the burden that comes with these trials, but I can carry you.

Sam: You realize you just kinda quoted "Lord of the Rings" right?

Dean: C'mon man, it's the Rudy-hobbit. Rudy hobbit always gets a pass!

My actual problem with people exploring the afterlife, Heaven in particular, is that it really alters morality in a serious serious way.

Why are the brothers so concerned about saving the world? As much as I hate Zachariah he had a really really good point about the chain of events had the brothers just played along. They never give a good reason why this isn't true.

1. Both say yes.
2. Lucifer and Micheal fight 50% of the population is killed.
3. 50% of the population instantly goes to Heaven (or Hell if appropriate)
4. Profit!!!!

When you don't know for sure if there is a heaven life and death hold real consequences. You're damn right I'll shoot a terrorist to defend human life. When I die I'm gonna rot in the ground and that's it. I want to live. If I know there's a heaven and you're holding a gun to my loved one's head the fuck do I care? Hell if I want you dead I might just shoot you through them. I'm doing them a favor. Me I'll miss them until I die but. . .yeah. It's completely different.

Yeah, that's part of the issue. Why wasn't Buffy in church all the time? Why weren't they ordained so they could bless water? Because it's not about the ideas themselves, it's about how to fit it into the plot.

Did you see "This Is The End?" Ulaven and I have seen it three times by now, it's just exactly what that's about. That people hardly even know the mythology or how it fits into their lives or what they'd do. It's just about my favorite movie ever now.

There's all this apocalyptic heroism in the mediasphere and this is a story about people who are so self absorbed and essentially useless that they fuck everything else up even more.

It is about the only time I've ever actually liked James Franco in...well...anything. Hate that guy for making me sit through so many crappy movies.

Also from Goodbye Stranger:

examining the contents ot the "Men of Letters" vault.

Dean: The Spear of Destiny? What is this, God's toothpick?

-or-

Dean: Listen, I may not be able to carry the burden that comes with these trials, but I can carry you.

Sam: You realize you just kinda quoted "Lord of the Rings" right?

Dean: C'mon man, it's the Rudy-hobbit. Rudy hobbit always gets a pass!

Yes, both of those made me laugh out loud.

At least in Buffy it's "ambigious" if there is a God and even by the end when they start exploring dimensions they have fairly good reason to fear death. The Winchesters. . .shit I'd jump off a building and tell God if I don't get into heaven he best seal Hell tight cus when I get out Lucifer is gonna look like a fluffy puppy looking for bacon compared to me.

No, I haven't see 'This is the End' yet, I'll check Netflix and with my movie friends. A few of them own just about everything ever put to DVD or VHS (and can even point out what amazing things haven't been put to VHS yet and what never will be because of obscure copyright laws) Yeah, love em to death but sometimes you want to pull your penis off through your ears just so you won't have to listen to them anymore.

At least in Buffy it's "ambigious" if there is a God and even by the end when they start exploring dimensions they have fairly good reason to fear death. The Winchesters. . .shit I'd jump off a building and tell God if I don't get into heaven he best seal Hell tight cus when I get out Lucifer is gonna look like a fluffy puppy looking for bacon compared to me.

No, I haven't see 'This is the End' yet, I'll check Netflix and with my movie friends. A few of them own just about everything ever put to DVD or VHS (and can even point out what amazing things haven't been put to VHS yet and what never will be because of obscure copyright laws) Yeah, love em to death but sometimes you want to pull your penis off through your ears just so you won't have to listen to them anymore.

Yeah, I am not actually genuinely afraid of heaven or hell because they seem fairly dumb and I always find my way around dumb if I have eternity. Yeah, pain sucks, but I've had plenty of that too, I'm not afraid of it so much of contemptuous of the concept entirely.

I don't want to pull your penis out of my ears! But the warning is appreciated.

Why do guys talk like we're interchangeable. I might as well say "It'll make you want to menstruate through your nose"

I bet you don't want to menstruate out your nose 'cause you can't. Well, neither can I.

I'm sorry. You said a lot of things there and I heard something like 'blah blah blah'

Do you want to captain this ship?
'Yes'
Well. . .you can't!

Me and my fiancee were playing gt 5 tonight. After 4 losses she was like fuck this game and quit. Shes more of a gameboy person

Luci's super hot in Supernatural, too. So... It's really not much of a threat. And if you don't like Hell you can just leave. Their dad just left.

Me and my fiancee were playing gt 5 tonight. After 4 losses she was like fuck this game and quit. Shes more of a gameboy person

I have no desire to play GTA anymore, really. I know that there's a lot of hype, but... I dunno. I get bored with them. Nobody plays story mode, they just play to blow off steam and I'd rather kill zombies in RE6 for that- because now I can just punch them in the face and it's more satisfying than punching a random passerby.

I have no desire to play GTA anymore, really. I know that there's a lot of hype, but... I dunno. I get bored with them. Nobody plays story mode, they just play to blow off steam and I'd rather kill zombies in RE6 for that- because now I can just punch them in the face and it's more satisfying than punching a random passerby.

Can I ask if you enjoyed RE6? I found it to be lacking and it just did not feel like a Resident Evil game. Lately I would rather going Z slaying in Day Z or state of decay.

Can I ask if you enjoyed RE6? I found it to be lacking and it just did not feel like a Resident Evil game. Lately I would rather going Z slaying in Day Z or state of decay.

I fucking hate the split screen. That's my only real bitch. Like remember in 5 when you got close together the screen merged? What the fuck is going on with 6? There's all this empty black space and the screen are shrunk and why!?

But as far as gameplay goes I love it so far. I love the new hand to hand combat engine. I gotta say that I just really enjoy roundhouse kicking a zombie right in the face.

not gta. Grand Trismo or however you spell that shit

Heh. Final Fantasy has good names for quests.

Currently up:

"Cower To The People"

"The Things We Do For Cheese"

"Corpse Confrontation"

"Failure to Lunch"

"Constant Carvings"

I didn't NEED to take a driving test. Just fill out a few forms and get a photo taken.

I wasn't the one driving around on a "technically" invalid driver license since the late 80's. ;)

I've been playing Grand Theft License and I had no idea! :eek:

Heh. Final Fantasy has good names for quests.

Currently up:

"Cower To The People"

"The Things We Do For Cheese"

"Corpse Confrontation"

"Failure to Lunch"

"Constant Carvings"

Puntastic.

LOL. Funny I knew GT wasn't GTA but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what GT was much to my shame. I'm a bad gamer sometimes and I should feel bad about the things that I don't know.

As for GTA, I only played San Andreas all the way through and true, I spent my first day seeing how many cops I could slaughter before they brought me down but once I sat down and started playing it has one of the best stories of any game I've ever played. Officer Tenpenny ranks just below Kefka when it comes to bad guys that by the end of the game I absolutely positively had to slaughter. Like the kind of rage where I think my powers transfered into CJ because my car should have blown up at least twice but nope. That asshole was going down for all the shit he'd put me through and nothing and nobody was going to stop me.

I skipped 4 because I heard the fun was missing and that I'd be happier on Saint's Row being a crazy sonbitch. Didn't get that either but along with Infamous I'm gonna have a field day next year playing all the PS3 stuff I skipped. Me and my hedgehogs need to have some fun too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back