What are you doing right now? (besides online & on Lit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading home from work after discussing broken not broken light switches with repair man.

"Your light work?"
"... Yes?"
"that light work?"
"Yes sir..."
"Nothings broken. What the hell. Have a good day, dear!"
"Bye sir!"

Yay.

So go home, reattempt coffee, do a little cleaning, thread catch up, and char plotting.
I lost my Wendy-grand daughter pic.
And I need one for preachers wife. And a name. And stuff.

Just got back from dropping the charge off to catch his shuttle down south. Having coffee. Waiting on time so I can go fetch the kidlets, drop them off at their schools and then come home and get some sleep before I attempt threads.

Sitting with the heating pad on my lower back, watching tv and waiting for the muscle relaxer to kick in...going to be a fun day.

At tire place waiting for them to get the nail out of my tire and hoping it won't cost me a whole lot.

At tire place waiting for them to get the nail out of my tire and hoping it won't cost me a whole lot.

Right now, I'm telling Veroe that a hole in a tire can sometimes be patched, sometimes it can't. It is usually not terribly expensive, as long as the "patch" is not a spray they put into the tire. The sprays are junk and the tire will need to be replaced. If the rubber is patched, the tire can be driven until the tread wears thin, like any other tire. More than a couple patches, replace the tire as it weakens it a bit too much. YMMV ... literally.

Home again and pulling up my post for Fr33k so I can work on it some more and running titles for a new thread through my head in the meanwhile, since my new writing partner was no help. *snickers* Never ask a man to help you with titles when he's running on three hours of sleep. Being punchy doesn't help, but it does make me giggly. No worries however, I have a few floating around in my head.

Home again and pulling up my post for Fr33k so I can work on it some more and running titles for a new thread through my head in the meanwhile, since my new writing partner was no help. *snickers* Never ask a man to help you with titles when he's running on three hours of sleep. Being punchy doesn't help, but it does make me giggly. No worries however, I have a few floating around in my head.

See if I offer to help next time you ask. Hmph, I say. Double hmph.

Adding up renovation expenses to see if I can afford a deck instead of steps.

I would love to have a deck! We have a carport area by our garage that is nice in the summer but decks are so much more relaxing. Not sure why that is... I hope that works out for you.

WIDRN: Looking up a new book series to get into. Something similar to Diana Gabaldon, maybe?

I would love to have a deck! We have a carport area by our garage that is nice in the summer but decks are so much more relaxing. Not sure why that is... I hope that works out for you.

WIDRN: Looking up a new book series to get into. Something similar to Diana Gabaldon, maybe?

I think it will. I've run the numbers and think I will be within the budget. But I may yet be able to save a little on the price of my cabinets/countertops too. This house has a front porch already, but the rear deck that was there was not built to code and will have to be removed. I was going to just have him build steps at the back entrances for the cost consideration, but I'd much rather have a deck.

Trying to decide if I should look for some sort of company for the evening or just have a hot bath and head to be.

I think it will. I've run the numbers and think I will be within the budget. But I may yet be able to save a little on the price of my cabinets/countertops too. This house has a front porch already, but the rear deck that was there was not built to code and will have to be removed. I was going to just have him build steps at the back entrances for the cost consideration, but I'd much rather have a deck.

Ah, I love being within a budget. Haha, that sounds so boring of me! Nothing excites me like frugality... heh. How exciting for you! For my cabinetry I just repainted the ones I had but one of these days I'll get new ones. Make sure your deck has lots of nice chairs to lounge around in. Preferably with a tall icy drink of something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back