Star City- The Heroes of Tomorrow OOC

I wouldn't mind playing a few villain roles. I Haven't been able to catch up too much on the seasons of Arrow, but I have seen Deathstroke in there, and I know he has a grudge against him. However I am not up to speed on how they are running him these days. Last I heard he had regressed in age and was immortal, but I am guessing that is not how he is in this universe, but probably just his Merc badass self.

Also if your bumping up ages I guess Count Vertigo may be out of the question. Although he would be about the same age as Oliver maybe 5 or 6 years older so it may be okay.

Vandal Savage could be a good villain. He is timeless so no problems putting him in and he is always looking to take over some part of the world.

Well those are just three off the top of my head and I don't mind writing knowing I am going to eventually lose, as long as I get to have some fun first. LOL So in true comic style I get to capture at least a few first, gloat and then get taken down.

A new "Vertigo" would be fantastic for this thread, as it's been established as a legacy for other villains to pick up after the previous Vertigo has been defeated.

Vandal Savage is always a fun, scary time.

But Deathstroke--

--if you're not familiar with the "Arrow" version of Slade Wilson, I highly recommend you become so! It's a really bad-ass version of him, and a really awesome show. Considering this thread is spun off of that continuity, familiarizing yourself with the coolness can only be to your benefit! :D
 
Hmm maybe someone else that Brother Blood has been hiding in the wings. The new Count Vertigo could be more like the one in the comics. Have a surgically implanted chip that sends out high pitched sonic waves that effect the inner ear and brain waves effecting a persons ability to observe the world around them and to control their balance.

Still be linked to the selling of Vertigo of course but not sure if they should know Olivers true identity or not as that may have been something the original Count kept to himself.

Also could be male or female and subsequently name changes to countess if female.
 
Hmm maybe someone else that Brother Blood has been hiding in the wings. The new Count Vertigo could be more like the one in the comics. Have a surgically implanted chip that sends out high pitched sonic waves that effect the inner ear and brain waves effecting a persons ability to observe the world around them and to control their balance.

Still be linked to the selling of Vertigo of course but not sure if they should know Olivers true identity or not as that may have been something the original Count kept to himself.

Also could be male or female and subsequently name changes to countess if female.

"Countess Vertigo?"

Color me intrigued.
 
Timeline:

Sorry for the Delay. This took me more than a little bit of time to piece together. Many sites had to be scoured and I had to make some adjustments to what I found to fit my ideas.

TIMELINE OF THE ARROWVERSE:​


PREHISTORIC UNDATED TIME: Unknown species arrive on Earth. These species alter and study the life that the world holds.

18,625 BC - An alien outpost ship crash lands in the Arctic Circle.

1,200 BC - Diana is born
- Hidden from humans on Themyscira
- Amazons become a Myth

1971 - Bruce Wayne/Batman is born

1975- The Sex Pistols are founded. And in Liverpool, John Constantine is born.

1981 - Bruce Waynes (10) parents are murdered
- Events of Gotham TV Series
-Young James Gordon
- Young Arrow/Gotham Villains appear
- Jonathan Kent is killed in a Tornado

1985 - Oliver Queen/Arrow is Born

1988 - Hal Jordan/Green Lantern is Born

1989 - Barry Allen/The Flash is Born

1998 - Hal Jordan age 10, sees his father die in an experimental Jet accident.

2001 - Bruce Wayne/Batman (30) returns from the League of Assassins. Along with friend and fellow American, Malcolm Merlin. The two drift apart over the years.
- Barry Allens (11) mother is Killed

2007 - Queens Gambit goes missing
- Oliver Queen (22) begins 5 years on the Island

2012 - Oliver Queen (27) returns to Starling City
- Events of Arrow TV Series

2013 - Black Canary and other costumed non-powered heroes exist around the world
- John Constantine casts a spell of protection on his best friend, Chas Chandler. That evening, Chas survives a catastrophic night club fire that took the lives of 47 people. Lives connected to souls that Chas Chandler absorbed due to he spell.
- Barry Allen comes to Starling City
- Slade Wilson/Super Soldiers exist
- The Star Labs Explosion releases unknown energies into the world. This spawns the rise of the meta-humans.

2014 - Barry Allen (25) becomes The Flash
- Events of The Flash, Constantine TV Series
- The Flash is unseen due to his speed

2015 -
- Ted "Wildcat" Grant is vital in leading a charge of citizen to retake The Glades from Danny "The Brick" Brickwell. In the battle he is severely hurt going toe to toe with Brick. While recovering he leaves the city for several weeks, claiming he is going to visit family in South America while he heals. Returning healed, and ready to once again help protect his city.
- The events of the Flashpoint Incident occur. Half of Central City is destroyed in a thermal nuclear event that is only contained due to the actions of The Flash, his partner Cisco Ramon, Firestorm, John Diggle, and Roy Harper
- Barry Allen checks into Ravenscar Asylum. Meets and befriends John Constantine.
- John Diggle takes a leave from super hero antics, becomes a recruitment officer for ARGUS.
- Roy Harper leaves Star City, seeking to put the deaths of the Flashpoint Incident behind him. Trains with Nyssa al'ghul.
- Cisco Ramon gains powers and starts operating in Central City as VIBE.
- A group of young heroes begins working out of San Francisco. The team calls themselves Young Justice and is led by a hero called Nightwing who is allegedly trained by the legendary Batman of Gotham.

2016- Ray Palmer disappears while researching projects that were salvaged from the ruins of S.T.A.R. Labs.
-Oliver Queen buys controlling interest in a now failing Queen Industries, backed by Thea Queen. Felicity steps in as COO running day to day operations while Oliver is the President of the company.

Late 2017- Ray Palmer returns. Ray is devastated to find that his company has fallen apart and has been bought out from under him. However, he is soon approached by Oliver, Thea and Felicity whom are able to come to an agreement allowing Ray to return as part owner, and creative director.

2018- Ray has resumed secretly acting as the super powered vigilante, The Atom.

2020-Palmer champions a bill designed to grant fellow vigilantes protected status. The bill eventually passes and becomes known as the Masked Vigilante Protection Act. Roughly summarized, the bill states that Vigilantes that act for the greater good of the city are protected from prosecution, so long as they use non-lethal means, and refrain from large scale collateral damage and property destruction. In doing so, he reveals his identity to the public during a congressional hearing.

2021-The Batman of Gotham, long believed by the general public to exist, is forced into the spotlight when a criminal uses a version of the Markov device to bring down Blackgate Prison, freeing several high risk criminals including the sociopath Szasz, Roman "Black Mask" Sionis, and many others.
-Later that year, Oliver arrives in Gotham looking for The Batman. He eventually finds him and they come to an agreement to protect the greater good.

2022-The Justice Society is formed. They become a non-profit organization, running a museum, medical clinic, and many other services. Private donors include Queen Consolidated, Wayne Enterprises, Kord Industries, and more.

-The Gulag is completed. Sanderson Hawkins is appointed by a joint commitee of multi-national officials, both private and governmental.

2023-There is a rash of gang violence all over the country. Many major crime figures are murdered and their organizations are taken over by a multinational crime syndicate known as Inter-Gang.

2024-Jim Gordon, now commissioner, has finally had some success in getting an operative into the Gotham Branch of Intergang. Limited information is smuggled to Gordon before the operative goes dark. Captain Harvey Bullock begins a task force with agents from multiple cities and agencies to take down Inter-Gang.

MORE TO COME. If you have events that you want added PM me and we can fit them in.
 
Last edited:
On the villain subject, I'd be willing to take on a minor villain role if needed to move the storyline somewhere.

As long as the character is practically insane or unstable I'll be good...or as good as I can be. Just ask Wombat, I think I made a decent Hobgobblin...but that's just my opinion
 
Love this:

Friends and I have been discussing how Batman is doing it all wrong. If he really cared about people, if he really cared about stopping crime, he'd be using his resources at Wayne Enterprises to bring down corrupt corporations, expose political malfeasance, and stamp out poverty.
Which, really, he could do in, say, a generation.
Except he's obsessed with hitting things.

They did have some parts showing how he was using his fortune to fund a whole host of private charities and things like soup kitchens, orphanages, homes for the poor etc. The thing is he tries to make out he is just a rich,spoiled playboy, so if he suddenly began to do these types of things it may blow his cover.

Should have started early and gradually increased the profile of the cases he brought to light. Might have made him a target but would have done more good in the long run. Not sure how that would have effected the comic though. The way they have it Bruce sort of stays out of the way of Batmans activities. He would not be your first guess as to the identity of the bat. A rich spoiled brat always hanging out with supermodels and never doing much for himself doesn't gel with the picture of Batman.
However a crusading, Rich, businessman that is always exposing crime and corruption just may be a suspect.
 
Impulse


Name: Bartholomew Henry "Bart" Allen II
Alias: Impulse
Gender: Male
Age: 18
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Base of Operations: Star City
Alignment: Good
Affiliations: Justice Society, Barry Allen, Max Mercury
Family/Friends: Barry Allen(grandfather), Iris West Allen(grandmother), Wally West(first cousin once removed), Max Mercury, [everyone he comes into contact with!]


Physical Appearance: Bart has a slim physique, with reddish-brown hair and yellow eyes. His costume is a white spandex suit, with a red line in the middle of his body along with red gloves and boots. He wears a yellow visor with red rims.

History: Born many centuries unto the future(the year 2954), the youth known as Bart came into this world with a hyper accelerated metabolism....his physical being, rushing to age. Way past what he more accurately, would or could be...at roughly a SIX-to-ONE ratio(at the age of two for instance, he actually appeared to be twelve!). Should things continue naturally, death would most certainly overtake him! It wasn't until the bless-ed, intervention. Of one, Max Mercury that hope -- and perhaps fate -- would come, save. Bart, possibly. From himself. And the condition.

Whatever, why-ever the reason that Max. Initially, was even IN the same. Timeline, much less the actual point and place. As Bart, further could be....attributed to fate-like meanings(in reality, the wizened Speedster extraordinaire...probably was just passing by, as it were.....and was perhaps "called" to Bart, because of the boy's untapped Speed Force potential -- surely unseen, unheard yet...still emitting from the youth!). He took the boy under his wing, away from his 'reality'. And back, into the past.

To the 21st Century. It was there, that Max sought help from, the scarlet super hero known as The Flash. Barry Allen, also grandfather to Bart himself. Together, the two with Felicity Smoak retrofitted an A.R.G.U.S. virtual reality machine. Which would, seek to simulate. Some kind of, life...childhood, even. But more importantly, reel his emotional side into a. Controlled environment. Just in case...?

Left within the capable, good aligned heroes of the present day...Max took off. Meanwhile Barry, Cisco Ramon, and Ray Palmer successfully alleviated, the futuristic Speedster. From his metabolic condition. Now eighteen years of age(but really, three), the teen youth has donned. Threads and a callsign, of his own. Impulse. But alas, having spent "half of his life" in a simulated world has left Bart without a conscience(or proper care) in the world...


Powers: Bart has a connection to the Speed Force, an extra dimensional energy force from which he and all other Speedsters draw their enhanced powers from. With that in mind, he has superhuman speed, stamina and durability, and can do the usual whirlwind/run-across-water/and-has-complete-molecular-control. Aside from this, he is able to produce "scouts" or Speed Force clones of himself, which he is able to send through the time stream. Being able to time and dimensional travel, Bart is resistant to the temporal disruptions in such a process. Lastly, he has complete total recall in every single thing he ingests whilst speed reading.


Weaknesses/Disabilities/Vulnerabilities(aka, his personality): Sans his call sign, Bart is quick to leap before looking(and let's just throw away THINKING THINGS THROUGH all together, shall we?). He really has no concept of danger, and almost recklessly in a very ZANY-rific, endearingly oblivious, lightheartedly stupendous manner.......could be quite the unproductive nuisance really. Were it not for his innocence and inquisitive, good intentioned....erm...'CHARM'...well, people -- friends, family, EVERYONE -- would have sent this fella...why, yes.......BACK TO THE FUTURE! Great Scott!
 
Last edited:
I'm willing to listen, to anything you need to change...in reference to my Impulse profile "Lunaramblings", as it may relate to your roleplay and the storyline you are seeking to spin! Thanks for the opportunity once again, for my forthcoming participation....:)
 
Okay "Lunaramblings" I am willing to take up the villain role but if you already have a concept for how you want the first story line to go I will take up a hero role instead.

I am thinking of perhaps Virgil Hawkins aka Static.
 
I did notice from the timeline that Young Justice forms *BEFORE* Justice Society. Is that because there is going to...I suppose be a tv show on the teens before one -- if any -- on the adults? Or is the coolness factor being allowed to go to the kids' heads first and foremost?? ;)

By the way, I didn't acknowledge/mention Bart's potential and specific 'friendship' with Artemis because....when I actually get to the roleplaying....I'm not sure if I'm going to 'start' off with him meeting people for the first time or what not, and then have things develop. I didn't want to...assume, y'see.

Please feel free to correct/direct me if I'm wrong and/or mistaken "Lunaramblings" and Miss "ChasNicollette"! I wanted to at least make a notation here so your efforts weren't all for naught or anything...:)
 
I'm willing to listen, to anything you need to change...in reference to my Impulse profile "Lunaramblings", as it may relate to your roleplay and the storyline you are seeking to spin! Thanks for the opportunity once again, for my forthcoming participation....:)

I personally think that Impulse is more of a Cheetos guy than Cheez-It.

JK LOL XD
 
I didn't say "Take it back because your position is unreasonable from a marketing perspective".
The subtext was "Take it back because I said so and you really like making me happy since it makes you all weak in the knees".

...

ZxFEB.gif


...fine.
 
Last edited:



J'onn J'onzz
Martian Manhunter

(John Jones)

Base of Operations: Z'onn Z'orr, Antartica
He's a Good Guy

Affiliations: JSA

Family/Friends: K'ymm (deceased), My'ri'ah (deceased)

Bio: Mars. Ma'aleca'andra. The Red Planet of the Sol System. Lifeless. Barren. But, it was not always thus.

Once, Mars was a thriving world. There were Green and White Martians, and they built cities such as Bar'zo'om and C'tid'el and explored their world and the worlds around them. While the White Martians kept to politics and rule, the Green prospered peace and knowledge.

The most sacred order among the Green Martians was the Manhunters. These law enforcement officers served justice and lived by a code and swore an oath to protect. To serve. Such were they even that the Guardians on Oa modeled their own Manhunters after those of Mars.

J'onn J'onzz was such a Manhunter. And his brother, Ma'alefa'ak, a scientist and engineer. J'onn married My'ri'ah and their daughter was K'ymm.

And Ma'alefa'ak despised J'onn because he was good. He despised everything the Green Martians stood for even though he himself was Green. And so he developed and released a psychic plague that effectively wiped out the entire Martian civilization.

Save for one.

J'onn disconnected himself from the telepathic link he shared with all Martians. Even as he saw his wife and child consumed by this psychic plague of fire, J'onn J'onzz did not himself burn.

He is Mars' sole survivor. There is a reason for that.

For a time, J'onn wandered the wastelands of his home world as he watched cities crumble to dust. After a time he left Mars and traveled to other worlds where he helped serve justice as lawgiver, peace officer, and guardian.

Earth, though, was still too primitive.

And, yet, after centuries, Martian Manhunter found himself back on his home world. What were once great cities were now dust. All he had known was nothing more.

J'onn wept.

And a human scientist named Dr. Saul Erdel, working in a small laboratory in the United States on a sub-space communication device, brought J'onn J'onzz to Earth. Erdel's device reached through space/time and plucked Martian Manhunter from his home world to deposit him here, in our time, in the mid-20th century.

J'onn adjusted to Earth, now not-so-primitive. He became a police officer, a detective, continuing his mission to uphold the law. And, as things would have it, he met others like him. Others who shared his belief in justice and service.

Powers: J'onn is possibly the most powerful known telepath. His psychic powers allow him to reach across vast distances. He has limited telekinectic abilities. His strength, speed, and flight capabilities are immeasurable. He can shape shift into any known form, render himself completely invisible and intangible. J'onn can generate molecular disrupting energy blasts from his eyes as well as being able to generate molecular dissolution by touch. He can see into the x-ray, ultraviolet, infrared, and radio wave spectrum. J'onn has incredible regeneration abilities and can incorporate elemental material to achieve full restorative functions.

Weaknesses: J'onn is afraid of fire.
 
Last edited:
So, when two cheetahs race and one of them cheats, the other says,

"Man....you're such a cheetah!"

And then they both laugh and go eat a zebra or whatever.

When Vulcans say goodbye to cheetahs, they just tell them "live long."
 
I personally think that Impulse is more of a Cheetos guy than Cheez-It.

JK LOL XD
Oh snappp! How about:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=550006131698417&story_fbid=597611696937860

?? Although I can't give props or condone THAT specific representation(gotta cover my butt, y'see??)! Hehe. Thanks for looking out though...but really. You just can't *PLEASE* everyone, can you??? *tease* :)

"AmenRa": Wow. You certainly make it easy for someone like me, that may not....so much....be a *DC* fanatic, like some of you others......really find a character like Martian Manhunter so appealing! Especially after a bad ass profile like that one you just wrote!

Is it appropriate for me to.......say.......that I find your 'niece' quite appealing as well? *dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* Ahaha ;)

"Vail_Indigo": Hi there! Can't help but notice the exchange betwixt you and Miss "ChasNicollette" -- :) -- but, well.........might *YOU* be joining all of us.....in making some kinda character for "Lunaramblings" spectacular forthcoming roleplay?? No pressure of course! ;)
 
"AmenRa": Wow. You certainly make it easy for someone like me, that may not....so much....be a *DC* fanatic, like some of you others......really find a character like Martian Manhunter so appealing! Especially after a bad ass profile like that one you just wrote!

Is it appropriate for me to.......say.......that I find your 'niece' quite appealing as well? *dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* Ahaha ;)

Thank you, thank you.

As for, M'gann....well, you'll have to speak to J'onn about her. I'm sure he'd be willing to set something up....
 
Thank you, thank you.

As for, M'gann....well, you'll have to speak to J'onn about her. I'm sure he'd be willing to set something up....

Oh, look, a familiar compulsion TO WRITE ALL THE CHARACTERS

:: hits self with rolled-up newspaper :: No. No.
 
Back
Top