The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You had the right of it, Glad. It is not worth it. Certain individuals will simply never look past what others can do for them. They will never find true enrichment in life, and they will never know what real hardship looks like.

You have goals, you push forward, and keep pushing. I sincerely hope that you meet these goals.

What do you know of hardship? Your wife supports you while you pretend to be in-love with other women you've never met. How is that hard?

I support this plan. It's mine as well, after being laid off a year ago and starting my own business.

LI is many things, but ignorant is not one of them. He is technically correct, ACA has added a burden to many businesses, but pointing the finger at those who need care the most, the 48 million uninsured Americans, doesn't actually help his case.

Money, at one point in time, stood for something put into society and was used to take something back. There was an inherent value there determined by a trade of goods or services. It's crazy and Ayn Randian, I know, but believe it or not there's a fucking principle involved there.

Health Care is a fucking service. Not a right. And you should be forced to put something INTO society in order to take something out of it. Do I think we should punt rape babies into the abyss like Sparta? No.

Do I think whiny ass adults with weight problems and bad self-esteem should stop their bullshit about "trying their hardest" and actually DO something valuable for a change? Yes.

And fuck all of those people without insurance. Fuck all of those people who bought homes in New Orleans and didn't buy flood insurance. Not. My. Fault.

So stop wringing my wallet out and expecting me to feel good about it.

Money, at one point in time, stood for something put into society and was used to take something back. There was an inherent value there determined by a trade of goods or services. It's crazy and Ayn Randian, I know, but believe it or not there's a fucking principle involved there.

Health Care is a fucking service. Not a right. And you should be forced to put something INTO society in order to take something out of it. Do I think we should punt rape babies into the abyss like Sparta? No.

Do I think whiny ass adults with weight problems and bad self-esteem should stop their bullshit about "trying their hardest" and actually DO something valuable for a change? Yes.

And fuck all of those people without insurance. Fuck all of those people who bought homes in New Orleans and didn't buy flood insurance. Not. My. Fault.

So stop wringing my wallet out and expecting me to feel good about it.

Says the man who stands the most to lose.

The average Canadian has more money in his pocket, makes more and is generally happier than the average American.

Healthcare is a right.

The rest of the world functions on social healthcare, paying way less than Americans and they still have more money and are often happier.

You are a dinosaur, if you believe for a minute what we have works.
It does not.

Health is a right.
Nobody should go bankrupt to pay for healthcare. Period.

The average Canadian has more money in his pocket, makes more and is generally happier than the average American.

Healthcare is a right.

The rest of the world functions on social healthcare, paying way less than Americans and they still have more money and are often happier.

It does not.

Health is a right.

well Put, :) i agree

Healthcare is a right.

It does not.

Health is a right.

Wait, what? Canadians have more money? Parisians? Can we see some facts here? Numbers? And how do you measure happiness? Have you even been to Europe?

Forgive me, but bullshit, all of it. Health Care involves paid professionals investing years of time and often taking on massive amounts of debt for their education. They should not be doled out like Government issued Passports simply because you feel you have a right to someone else putting their hands in your body and fixing your bullshit.

A Doctor is no different than a Chef who is no different then a Mechanic.

They all bust their ass to provide a service and should have the benefit of the market dictated rewards of their investment in themselves. That is not for you, or anyone else, to take from them.

And fuck you, very much, for your entitled nonsensical bullshit. It's damned unethical. Honestly, I'm surprised more Doctors don't leave little metallic objects lying around in people. I would.

This one is funny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Sen_social_welfare_function

Rank of countries listed by welfare rate by GDP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_unemployment_rate

Rank of countries listed by unemployment percentage.

Weird.

It'd like the more welfare you give out to people...

the higher your unemployment rate is.

Funny how those two tables look pretty much row by row mirrored.

I will admit this, i am glad they passed the law requiring drug testing for benefits

Light Ice, darling, I adore you, but you've simply watched too much Fox News.

An article for you. And it all boils down to this...

"The stronger and tighter Canadian safety net doubtless ameliorates true poverty better than its more porous American counterpart. More importantly, while it’s probably better to be rich and sick in the United States than the Great White North (or, at least, it would be if rich Canadians couldn’t simply come here whenever the felt like it) it’s certainly better to be poor and sick in Canada. Canadians don’t risk bankruptcy from catastrophic illness; Americans do."

Which basically means this for your conservative brain. You'll pay more honey, if we continue to let people fall through the cracks. Because the money for those ER visits cost taxpayers more than if we actually do things like preventative care. So sweetie, continue to throw those insults, but do remember...

My guy won.

I'll buy you a beer for you to cry in, sweetness. It'll be okay.

Last edited:
I will admit this, i am glad they passed the law requiring drug testing for benefits

I'm glad you're willing to admit what is blatantly obvious and factually sound. If you denied it, well, I think that I'd have to suggest the rest of us educated and successful types -really- take a good hard look at our perspective.

LI, do you have a disability? do you know what it's like? go around without your eyesight for 25 fucking years and then come back to me and spout your bull shit about me being a liar. I'm not sure you'd know what to do without eyes, I'm not sure you could function. I'm not sure you could handle having to ask for help for things, to read things that aren't put in a format that you can't read, or locate groceries you need in a store. or ask people for rides everywhere for examples. It seems to me you'd not be able to function because you couldn't swallow your pride long enough to ask for help. Close your eyes and walk around your house, come back to me and tell me how many bruises you have, and I will laugh at you because you have no fucking clue what its like to have people look down on you because society sees you as different for a genetic condition I didn't fucking choose. I don't talk about this usually, its not common knowledge on the boards because its none of anyone's business. But yes I'm mentioning it now because your post did offend me. I'm not proud of needing help, but I do have fucking goals, I'm more than half way through my masters degree and I am going to have a career helping people. So don't you even say I don't have goals. The proof you asked about is, with a little help from schools and adapting things, I graduated high school with honors, I graduated undergraduate school with a decent gpa despite battling depression because I was treated like an outcast. and now I have a 3.95 GPA in graduate school. So you know what fuck you. I might have had to accept help to help level the playing field along the way but you know what I never took anything for granted and I never accept any help without a god damned mother fucking thank you.

thanks for reading,
have a nice day.

P.S. I'd just put your obnoxious ass on iggy but I happen to like your writing FML

Last edited:
outside the beltway. An editorial column. Factually sound, I suppose. I mean, if we're going to start throwing editorials around...

www.foxnews.com

There you go. There's a few thousand articles that will more or less shit all over yours. They're no more factually accurate or intellectually sound, mind you, but since we're playing with opinions here that's not an issue. Right?

I'm glad that being blind makes you feel entitled to other people's money. That's, essentially, what you're arguing.

outside the beltway. An editorial column. Factually sound, I suppose. I mean, if we're going to start throwing editorials around...

www.foxnews.com

There you go. There's a few thousand articles that will more or less shit all over yours. They're no more factually accurate or intellectually sound, mind you, but since we're playing with opinions here that's not an issue. Right?

Oh please, because linking to Wikipedia gets you ALL sorts of correct info.

Look, grow up okay?

Some people need help and no amount of "I'm white, male, educated, able bodied with access to money" will give you any credence in this conversation. It's the same one that the entire country just had and YOU FUCKING LOST.

Taking care of each other is more important than lining our wallets. And if I have to give up some of my money to prevent a family from being on the street, then I will. We all prosper together, or we don't at all.

So take your rants to the general board, have a beer and find some lady to fuck, and shut the hell up about it.

Good boy.

I am not about to get in the middle of this topic of conversation... Too tired..

But my thought was just this, after reading Ice's post and others...

Perhaps (and again, I have not spoken to Ice about this at all).. his post is aimed more at the one's who take advantage of the system. We all know there are people who do that. Who have no right to be "claiming disability" or whatever just to collect a free paycheck, and hence use that money on beer, tattoos, and lottery tickets.

For me, those are the ones who piss me the hell off and who anger others, and make the system that is in place to help people who need it, look as if it is only providing for those "Losers"...

Just my quick two cents on what Ice wrote...

Oh please, because linking to Wikipedia gets you ALL sorts of correct info.

Look, grow up okay?

Some people need help and no amount of "I'm white, male, educated, able bodied with access to money" will give you any credence in this conversation. It's the same one that the entire country just had and YOU FUCKING LOST.

Taking care of each other is more important than lining our wallets. And if I have to give up some of my money to prevent a family from being on the street, then I will. We all prosper together, or we don't at all.

So take your rants to the general board, have a beer and find some lady to fuck, and shut the hell up about it.

Good boy.

Yes, the Democratic Party won on its infamous and winning rhetoric of

"We will give you free money."

Which, really, is one hell of a question.

Do you want Health Care? You do?! Great! Well, here it is. PS, you don't have to pay for it. Those evil folks over there want you to pay for it! Hell, they want you to die in the streets without it!

Wow.

And, because you're apparently a moron, nobody ever asks the other questions because they're just very inconvenient. It's hard to feel good about free health care when you have to ask yourself questions like...

Wait, if I don't work and I don't earn any money, who is going to pay for this?

or

Wait, is it stealing to take something that isn't yours (like someone's time) and give them nothing for it?

Is it unethical to force people who have broken no laws to do something for other people simply because it's politically popular?

Is it legal?

Is there any Constitutional Basis for global healthcare?

What about Income Tax?

What will this do to our free market?

Will this chase the best and brightest medical professionals to other countries where they can be competitively compensated for their time?

What does this do to the incentive of working a grueling and demanding position?

And if the incentive of this goes down, doesn't the quality of the individual applying for this position go down?

"Here we go again, to Hell in a handbasket."

"Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got em. Except those few born without them."

"This seems like further proof that knowledge is the most irritating weapon."

I'm surprised for such a smart guy you completely missed my entire fucking point...

What was your point? That, because you're blind, you deserved my money and I should feel good about it because it gave you a leg up in the world? Well. Fuck you. I don't. For every jackwagon like you that I paid for and got something out of, I paid for over a hundred that sat around doing bath salts and impregnating teenage girls.

Sorry, pal, if I don't feel like that's incentive enough to justify giving you a hand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back