The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm off for northern Ontario, Canada tomorrow morning. I'm hoping for good fishing weather and no repeats of the violent storms we've encountered before. Them're nasty!

Yeah we got lightening this morning, but no rain....was rather sad. Ok just fyi I'm gunna go away for awhile, I'm loosing my net tonight and idk when i'll be able to get back on here. But it would be very nice of you to all read my contest entry and give me a vote and comment, I could use the self esteem from it LOL

:( Miss you, take care. Hope to see you back on here soon.

By the way, I did read the your entry and loved it. Bravo. :rose:

Molly, there was a comment along exactly those lines only the other day.

Meanwhile, this is the UK here.

A couple of years ago, we had a freak shower. It only lasted an hour, but the damage was staggering. In the first 15 minutes, we got four inches of rain, and another inch or so before it was over. You couldn't be outside in it when it was coming down. You couldn't bear the weight of it on your head.

The horror of it was the entire town being completely flooded. It was during the evening commute home. People were stranded when parking garages were suddenly underwater--and all the cars with them--and parking on the streets was worse. Historic landmarks, which had been standing for a couple of hundred years, were filled with water, treasures destroyed. My Uncle Joey (Walnuts), who was a couple of hours away at the time, lost everything in his basement. The water rushed through, blew out an outside wall and washed walls, furnace, water heater, washer, dryer, furniture and half a ton of personals into the yard and street.

The worst was yet to be heard. In the streets, manhole covers were blown off and people sucked in to their deaths. Drivers on their ways home from work, after picking up children at daycare and other daily tasks, were suddenly fighting for their lives and the lives of their children. It was just a rain shower, but suddenly it was deadly. It came upon us so quickly, we had no time to react. Ordinary people were suddenly heroes when they saved mothers and babies from certain drowning--while others weren't so lucky.

Floods are no fun.

Floods are no fun.

Molly, how often does that sort of thing happen ?.
Some parts of the UK have had a months supply of rain in a matter of hours.
We are, to some extent, used to sudden 'water' events (although seriously large hail is still a bit of a novelty), and provided the local authorities get their act together and clear the water-courses, etc., we could be said to 'manage' without too much loss.
It can make boating on the canal system quite exciting, though.

Floods are no fun.

Molly, how often does that sort of thing happen ?.
Some parts of the UK have had a months supply of rain in a matter of hours.
We are, to some extent, used to sudden 'water' events (although seriously large hail is still a bit of a novelty), and provided the local authorities get their act together and clear the water-courses, etc., we could be said to 'manage' without too much loss.
It can make boating on the canal system quite exciting, though.

To my knowledge, it only happened the one time.

There was a story about a young couple who got caught under a railroad bridge. Viaducts such as that are infamous for filling up fast. The water came up so quickly they was water in the car before they realized it. The vehicle died. They climbed out through the windows and tried to make their way out. A storm grate was washed off the gutter and the woman lost her footing. Her boyfriend grabbed her arms, but the vacuum of water was too great. A firefighter--off duty--saw them and dove in to help.

The woman was screaming as the water tore at her legs. Both men pulled, tried with all their might to save her, but the water kept rising and soon covered her head. It was a terrible death. Just as horrible was the plight of the two men who nearly gave their own lives trying to save her, only to watch her die while they almost pulled her apart.

To my knowledge, it only happened the one time.

Just as horrible was the plight of the two men who nearly gave their own lives trying to save her, only to watch her die while they almost pulled her apart.

How Absolutely Terrible!. God rest her soul.

I just noticed; it'#s not raining. I'm off to the Market, shopping
:rose:

How Absolutely Terrible!. God rest her soul.

I just noticed; it'#s not raining. I'm off to the Market, shopping
:rose:

It rained last night! Wow. It wasn't enough to make an impression, but it was cool seeing all the puddles on the roadways and parking lots.

It rained last night! Wow. It wasn't enough to make an impression, but it was cool seeing all the puddles on the roadways and parking lots.

As the morning develops over here, I noticed it's not raining.
I think I'll go and do some fishing. . . .
Bless you Molly.

At least you were not stuck in a gazebo, hehe.

To be honest, I'd love to be trapped in the Fortress by a downpour. We need the rain that badly.

As the morning develops over here, I noticed it's not raining.
I think I'll go and do some fishing. . . .
Bless you Molly.

Did you catch anything?

It's not raining in Cloquet, MN, either but it got up to 94 today. That's pretty damned hot for the Northern Tier.

We get another heat wave here starting Monday. Ugh.

To be honest, I'd love to be trapped in the Fortress by a downpour. We need the rain that badly.

Did you catch anything?

We get another heat wave here starting Monday. Ugh.

Not a damned thing. Even the Pros, with thousands of bucks in tackle were having trouble. I discovered later that there's been a Match the previous day; perhaps it was 'fished out' ? But it was warm, the coffee was OK and the Bacon & Egg sarnie was tasty, so it wasn't a wasted day.

Molly, how do you manage in your fortress when the sun's out ?

Not a damned thing. Even the Pros, with thousands of bucks in tackle were having trouble. I discovered later that there's been a Match the previous day; perhaps it was 'fished out' ? But it was warm, the coffee was OK and the Bacon & Egg sarnie was tasty, so it wasn't a wasted day.

The last time I fished was over 15 years ago. I stood in a cold river in the middle of Yellowstone for over 6 hours and did not get a single bite. Kinda killed my desire to fish again after that.

The last time I fished was over 15 years ago. I stood in a cold river in the middle of Yellowstone for over 6 hours and did not get a single bite. Kinda killed my desire to fish again after that.

You stood in the same cold spot of Yellowstone for six hours?

(Funny images keeps coming through my head.) :D

I like warm weather. I have a fan in my gazebo, and a mister for air conditioning. It's quite comfortable, and shaded by very large maples. It's my place of escape, so I'll brave the elements to be out there every day, if I could.

Ok, just started raining and I just heard thunder. I'm trying to send it over your way Sweet. We get rain nine months out of the damn year anyway, we really don't need it now.

Just thought I'd join in to celebrate my first submission (a poem) being approved! w00t!

I like warm weather. I have a fan in my gazebo, and a mister for air conditioning. It's quite comfortable, and shaded by very large maples. It's my place of escape, so I'll brave the elements to be out there every day, if I could.

I have a garden shed of similar mein. Small heater, big fans (including an extractor). And it has a hot soldering iron.

Just thought I'd join in to celebrate my first submission (a poem) being approved! w00t!

Well done!

I'd surely appreciate it.

Just after leaving the house, we got buckets of rain dumped on us. Hydroplaned my car twice on the way to work. I tried to send your way Sweet, but it looks like it's going to be here for a bit longer. Sorry, I know you really need this more than we do.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Thunderstorms-Olympic-Peninsula-162340696.html

Even had some crazy stories from the storm this morning.

Lightning strike's impact blows man across Renton living room

Lightning near Lake Stevens destroys tree, kills bald eagle

Just after leaving the house, we got buckets of rain dumped on us. Hydroplaned my car twice on the way to work. I tried to send your way Sweet, but it looks like it's going to be here for a bit longer. Sorry, I know you really need this more than we do.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Thunderstorms-Olympic-Peninsula-162340696.html

Even had some crazy stories from the storm this morning.

Lightning strike's impact blows man across Renton living room

Lightning near Lake Stevens destroys tree, kills bald eagle

Poor birdy.

Hi. The lodge has wifi, the weather is hot, the fishing is slow but the food is good. Oh, and we saw three bald eagles and a moose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back