Geek Pride Day! Official Support Thread

I feel your pain. Touchscreens are a bitch.

Time for direct neural interfaces. Writing a thought spell checker will be soooooo much fun. :)

Noitwillbefuckingincomprehensiblelikethis.thebrainwillstillneedaneditortoputinwordbreaks.

Edit: hmm. It can still be read easily enough...
 
Noitwillbefuckingincomprehensiblelikethis.thebrainwillstillneedaneditortoputinwordbreaks.

Edit: hmm. It can still be read easily enough...

I'm not a hundred percent current on the topic, but I've seen the first tentative steps towards eye replacements with direct neural stimulation from digital camera sensors. But as far as I know, they have yet to progress beyond the "bright/dark" stage. Making neural "output" machine-readable (or register at all) will certainly take some time and effort. Not only because of the example you just provided, but think about all the little "side thoughts" and associations the brain constantly provides. Filtering that into one coherent data stream seems like quite the task.

Interesting topic nonetheless.
 
Last edited:
Sink me for a deuced fool, of course I can list the title, and I daresay I should have listed it earlier. You must think me an absolute boor. :D
Dear sir, I've been in management, marketing, and marriage long enough to know that excitement clouds the mind to skip to "Step 3," and no one ever reads the signs. :D I've learned to ask.

The story is entitled “One More Time”, and the description reads, “A noble necromancer, a courtesan, a lost love...”

I fear the necromancer is noble in title and bearing only...
Excellent; update made.

In my humble opinion, any necromancer worth his salt and scalpel can only ever claim "nobility" through inheritance-based, paternal documentation. And yet, they can be so extremely fun to write when the bodies hit the floor. :D

(And yes, this is my first story here, and I did give it the Geek Pride tag as well as putting that in the Notes field.)
Very good to hear. It should be included, you've given it enough time unless there's something that pushes the admin to send it back.


If the submission has a 5/25 date on it in the Works dashboard, soes4that mean it's been accepted? Eidetic (Spark the Runner)
As mentioned, that means, "Yes." :D Is "Spark the Runner" the title? If not, what is the title, and what did you write for the description? (current list is Post #448)
 
:D Congrats! And yes...muah-ha-ha, now...the waiting.

This is toture. I'm not averse to a slap on the ass now and then, but this is unbearable!

I think the last time I was waiting for something this geeky with this much anticipation, I was worried that I might not get Major Matt Mason (Mattel's Man in Space) for Christmas about 1968. (Yeah, I'm really old).

Oops, gotta go check again.




Still pending. :(
 
Oops, gotta go check again.(

Relax. Breathe deeply. It will all be okay.

One thing that does worry me is that yall's stories are going to post on the Friday before a major US holiday weekend. For me, that has never been a good thing for view counts.
 
I think the last time I was waiting for something this geeky with this much anticipation, I was worried that I might not get Major Matt Mason (Mattel's Man in Space) for Christmas about 1968. (Yeah, I'm really old.(

I had all the guys (including the neon-skinned alien who vaguely looked like Mr. Spock), the moon crawler and the three-tiered moonbase! Major Matt Mason was awesome! My father even took an old door, turned it into a table just my height, and made an awesome plaster-of-Paris moonscape on it for me. At the time, I didn't think much of it, but in retrospect those were very progressive toys since they had an Asian and an African-American astronaut in addition to the two Caucasians.
 
This is toture. I'm not averse to a slap on the ass now and then, but this is unbearable!

I think the last time I was waiting for something this geeky with this much anticipation, I was worried that I might not get Major Matt Mason (Mattel's Man in Space) for Christmas about 1968. (Yeah, I'm really old).

Oops, gotta go check again.




Still pending. :(

So cute.

This is bringing me back to my first few stories. It’ll be great; don’t worry. It’s going to be a great anthology. And you’ll have a good story to build on.

Hang in there! This too shall pass.
 
@Etaski

Yes, the title is "Spark the Runner" and the description is "Adventures of a Wirehead..."
As noted at the end, sort of an homage to R.U.R., Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep / Blade Runner, The Matrix, Star Trek TNG and others, like Cowboy Be-bop, Gibson's Neuromancer and follow-ons, etc. Might not be geeky enough for this crowd, but I hope people like it. Cheers!
 
Yes, the title is "Spark the Runner" and the description is "Adventures of a Wirehead..."
As noted at the end, sort of an homage to R.U.R., Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep / Blade Runner, The Matrix, Star Trek TNG and others, like Cowboy Be-bop, Gibson's Neuromancer and follow-ons, etc. Might not be geeky enough for this crowd, but I hope people like it. Cheers!

Geeky/Cyberpunk enough for at least this geek right here.
 
Nuts...

"A Wirehead's Adventure".
I knew it was some combination of those words...
Coffee. Need more coffee...
 
I had all the guys (including the neon-skinned alien who vaguely looked like Mr. Spock), the moon crawler and the three-tiered moonbase! Major Matt Mason was awesome! My father even took an old door, turned it into a table just my height, and made an awesome plaster-of-Paris moonscape on it for me. At the time, I didn't think much of it, but in retrospect those were very progressive toys since they had an Asian and an African-American astronaut in addition to the two Caucasians.

Yeah, our toys were better integrated that society. I remember the alien being twice as tall as the astronauts. I also had this "laser" cannon that shot coils of mylar. They ended up everywhere.

So, how long does it usually take for an accept /reject on a story?
 
So, how long does it usually take for an accept /reject on a story?

Usually, for a new writer, 5-7 days, as Laurel will read the content closer to make sure it doesn't breach Lit rules.

If it's been submitted with Geek Pride in the Notes to Ed, she'll vett it faster, hopefully, so it doesn't miss the deadline.
 
Oh I did it.

Just submitted

Demon Blood:

A virgin lawyer with slight nympho tendencies so focused on study and career, she’s let life slip by. Her Fiancé, a geeky software coder and V-card holder himself with his head so far up in the coding clouds that his girlfriend could be stolen right in front of him and he’d never notice. Add in a hunk reputed to be the son of the Devil and then dear old dad showing up, eager to help plunder the treasure between her legs.

What could go wrong?

Is it really about her virginity or is there something much more sinister and ugly circulating underneath all this?

The hero? You might be surprised!

23k words.

Now the excuses :)

Started this when the contest was first announced. Got 6k into it and put it away only to realize on the 13th.........

The rest was written over two days and I've tried to do some light editing and polishing but it was a long weekend up here in Canada and between family activities and living.....

There's a couple of areas I wasn't certain about including but finally just did it anyway.
 
Oh well, mine's not going to make it. Nowhere near finished and no chance of rushing it, alas. Looking forward to reading everyone else's though.
 
Oh well, mine's not going to make it. Nowhere near finished and no chance of rushing it, alas. Looking forward to reading everyone else's though.

That's too bad.

But it's better for you to take the time to do your story the right way than to rush it to get it done within the deadline. It will get there, in time, and your readers will be happy you took the time to do it the right way.
 
Oh well, mine's not going to make it. Nowhere near finished and no chance of rushing it, alas. Looking forward to reading everyone else's though.

A shame -- you've written many of my absolute favorite sex scenes on this site, I was intrigued by your description, and I was looking forward to my first story being included alongside one of yours. Still, as SimonDoom said, better we get the story when you can devote the time to finish it properly.
 
A shame -- you've written many of my absolute favorite sex scenes on this site, I was intrigued by your description, and I was looking forward to my first story being included alongside one of yours. Still, as SimonDoom said, better we get the story when you can devote the time to finish it properly.

Second that (or third or fourth :D)

Public Static Void: Love is a Fatal Exception (10k) can be added to the official unofficial lineup. It isn't all I hoped and I preface it with a disclaimer about my poor editing, but I still submit it with Geek Pride.

Excited about the 25th everyone! Thanks PuckIt and Etaski for GMing (yes, geek mastering...)
 
Unfortunately, reality reared it's ugly head and kept me from getting anything done (as it often does when fantasy and reality collide). Or even participating in the thread along the way.

The originator of the concept didn't keep up. How fraught. (Well, the thief of Golden_Maia's original concept a couple of years ago anyway.)

Any road, I happened to have a free moment and dropped back through the Stargate from Atlantis to check in.

And I want to thank everyone who fed in with my little idea. If it's a success, you have no one but your Geeky selves to blame.

And a special shout out to our benevolent Drow Priestess for taking time out from her busy schedule of taming barbarians to keep Johnny Five alive.

Sadly, the same concerns that kept me from the keyboard will most likely keep me from reading what has posted. (This shit would be so much easier if medical nanites weren't Sci-Fi.) But, hopefully most, if not all, remember to put Geek Pride in one of the ten possible tags so latecomers, such as it seems I will be, will be able to find your Freak Flags.

Once again, kudos, and thanks, to those who participated and made Lit's Geek Pride Day extra geeky, freaky, and nerdy.
 
Get well soon, Puckmeister. This wouldn't have happened without you.

Seconded. Look after yourself, Puck. :rose:

My story's not going to be there but it's coming eventually and it's a good one. IMHO of course and thx for the kind words Simon, Comte and Alice :heart: It's kind of Heinlein-esque (I've been re-reading "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress", amongst other influences) with lots of sex.
 
Good to hear from you, PuckIt, and thank you for the charm, both in your idea and presentation of the event. I couldn't help but pick up the adorable, busted robot before the lights went out. :heart: Although your Woody Allen quote was really on-point in this case. I hope things get better and wish you well.

I'll update the new additions--gordo12 and Alice (thank you!!), plus one from randiholiday the Official Event Post currently running through the Sci-Fi/Fantasy category again this week. :)

Ah, Chloe, me paenitet. Would you still care for it to be added to the Forum List here, even at a later date, since the theme is so on-the-nose? (No expectation on that date, mind you.) You could even still use "Geek Pride" as a tag when you do submit it, and it would pop up much later in a search. For example, if we do this again next year, we can give new readers the hint to search for that tag and find the previous year's stories on the theme.

Either way, at least this story and many more have all the chance to come into being because of the event. :)
 
Either way, at least this story and many more have all the chance to come into being because of the event. :)
Yep. My little thing would never have happened. Now, I have another kick-ass little heroine and a most unusual leading...

Also, I now know exactly how Saturn's rings would look from one of his moons, and exactly how cold it is on said moon. "Fucking cold," according to my heroine.
 
May 23: The Morning After

THE LIST



Status: SUBMITTED


Warrior, Fantasy, Dukes & Ne'er Do Wells &Goddess-Innocent
by xelliebabex, 30K words.

Dry, No Lube, A supply officer puts out and steps up.
by Voboy, 21K words.

Songs of Seduction - Fire and Ice, An astronaut meets an angel on Titan.
by electricblue66, 34K words.

Time to Breathe, Low on air. Far from aid. How do you spend your final hours?
by LoquiSordidaAdMe, 17K words.

Planet of the Tentacons, hints: strange biology and tentacles (or something like it)
by SimonDoom: 20K words

The Book of Rose: Orcs, Fantasy, orcs, sorceress, good times.
by Whimsical Repertoire, 6K words

Mercury Retrograde, Ore mining camp on Mercury. Think Deadwood with a bit of Robowars.
by MSTarot, 60K words

On The Dotted Line, The Huntress & the Clansman. Only on the Alien Sex Channel!
by Etaski, 15.5K words

Murder on Capella Space Station, A murder-mystery set in the future.
By Erinaceous, 15K words

An Infernal Folio, Cerebral Fantasy, Demonic/medieval theme.
by yowser, short story

The Rembrandt Legacy (Tales of the Lumia), Convicted engineer with special power gets recruited by space alien rogues to pull off a difficult heist.
by Blind_Justice, 54K words.

Dirty Play - Plenty of action both on and off the Blood Bowl pitch...
by ProxyBlack, ~4k words

The Lieutenant, Pon Farr, Orions, Klingons, a Starship called The Hood.
by TANSTAAFL58

One More Time, A noble necromancer, a courtesan, a lost love...
by The_Comte_dAmour

Spark the Runner, A Wirehead's Adventure
by eidetic

Demon Blood, The Devil and his son seek virgin lawyer with virgin geek on the side.
by gordo12, 23K words

Title Unknown, heads-up in the story event comment section
by randiholiday

Public Static Void, Gibsonesque AI Cyberpunk
by Alice_Rosaleen, 10K words


Status: To be completed post-event

ChloeTzang: Timeo Artifices et Membra Virilia Denudens - Geeks, Dicks, a Chinese Girl, a Cosplay Con and an unexpected member ...


Status: Wait and Etaski Will Search

weftandwarp 10K words, a story of love, botany, and autism.

BiscuitHammer

Antryg Windrose

lovecraft68

rutger5

PrettyLilPussy

ShyChiWriter

Loquere

Bowoodstock

Antidarius



I plan to pull together a Complete List, with links, here at this thread. Then we can put the link in our Author Bio page or wherever, to give easy direction to the stories in this event past the first week.
[/QUOTE]
 
I've also got a post in the New Story Advertisements threads which I'll update with your link:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=181349&page=137 (Post #3413)

Great idea! :) However, the link takes us to Page 15 in the middle of nowhere, hard to see what you're wanting the viewer to get excited about.

Would you, please, update your post with this link?
http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=89183647&postcount=478

What we can all do is click on the actual Post number, "###" in the upper righthand corner of a specific post. It will open a window for just that post. Use that HTML address to refer to a specific list of Geek stories.

Thank you for the help!
 
Back
Top