Don't Get Fooled! This it the REAL Literotica Annual April Fools Day Story Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurel

Kitty Mama
Joined
Aug 27, 1999
Posts
20,676
-->If you'd like to participate in this contest, please read this entire post. If you don't read the whole thing, you may miss out on important rules, rendering your story ineligible for the contest!<--

You can begin submitting on (or a week before): March 01
The last day to submit is: March 20 at 11:59EST
Winners will be announced on: March 27

This contest will coexist with the usual monthly contest. Stories may only win one or the other, not both contests simultaneously. The prizes for the top 3 stories will be the same as those awarded in the monthly contests:

First Place: $150 Cash Prize
Second Place: $100 Cash Prize
Third Place: $75 Cash Prize

You can discuss this special contest at Ogg's April Fools Day Contest Support Thread.

All rules for the monthly contests are in place. Like the Monthly contests, you can submit as many entries as you like. And like the Monthly contests, only one of your stories can place in the contest - that is, if you author the top two highest voted stories, only the top one will be eligible.

The only exceptions to the rules are:

- All submissions must be stand-alone stories created for this contest theme. We will not accept individual chapters of a larger work submitted separately. If you have a multi-chaptered contest-themed submission, please submit all chapters together as one story submission.

- We will allow authors who have won in our monthly contests within the last 6 months to win in this special contest. However, if you have won a prize in the previous special contest, you are not eligible to win in this one. In other words, you cannot win a prize in two consecutive special contests.

- A story has only to accrue 25 votes to be eligible, rather than the 50 required for the monthly contest.


The following guidelines also apply:

- Author must copy and paste the phrase "APRIL FOOLS DAY CONTEST 2018" in the "Notes" field of the submission. You can submit any time from now on, so long as you put this message in the NOTES field. We will not post the contest stories until the contest start date.

Again -- PLEASE do not forget to put the EXACT phrase "APRIL FOOLS DAY CONTEST 2018" IN THE NOTES FIELD - NOT the description field or anywhere else. In fact, we recommend that you COPY & PASTE it into the NOTES field to avoid typos. If it is not in the NOTES field – or if it's typoed - we cannot easily find your story and it may not be approved in a timely manner to be entered into the contest!!

- Submissions must have an April Fools theme: i.e. surprise, irony, trickery, trick endings other themes of deception, chance, and/or misunderstandings (happy or otherwise). Be creative! Please don't just submit a normal story with events happening on April 1st. That would not be in the spirit of the contest, and readers (aka voters) will likely punish you for your trickiness (or in this case, lack thereof). ;)


Any story that meets the above criteria will be automatically entered into the contest. Winners will be decided by reader input (aka votes).

Important Note: Once your story is submitted, it may take over 72 hours for it to be posted, or may be sent back to you for clarification/mending. We strongly suggest that you do not wait till the last day of the contest to submit your story. The sooner you submit, the better chance your story has of accruing the votes necessary to be eligible.

The next contest is National Nude Day. The full 2018 Contest Schedule is here.

Good luck, and have fun! ;)

*
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top